Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted

Welcome to our world a bit North of you! Exactly the same. Usual mid level rubbish, muggy, uncomfortable, usual grey skies and of course...NO STORMS

Its always Shropshire, Cheshire, NE Wales that ends up with the rubbish while everyehere else gets something interesting. Sick and tired of it happening time and again.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Its always Shropshire, Cheshire, NE Wales that ends up with the rubbish while everyehere else gets something interesting. Sick and tired of it happening time and again.

Yup. Feel your pain brother. Let's go drown our sorrows in the No Storms Club. Frustrating isn't it

• Like 1

Posted

Yup. Feel your pain brother. Let's go drown our sorrows in the No Storms Club. Frustrating isn't it

Just a sunny day would.have been fine if there were no storms, like yesterdah. Whats the point of mid level cloud? It does nothing for anyone.

Drowning sorrows tonight, the only lightning I can get hold of here is the White variety.....

• Like 2

Posted

Brilliant, awful, brilliant, awful, brilliant, awful..........make yer minds up, chaps!  :laugh:

I still haven't given up hope of seeing a storm, but I must admit it doesn't look so likely now. Fingers crossed for the next few days however.

Bish

Outbreaks of PMT spreading northwards? Dear me. Some don't half moan groan, too hot, cold, cloudy you name it. It's the UK last time I checked :-)

• Like 2

Posted

Outbreaks of PMT spreading northwards? Dear me. Some don't half moan groan, too hot, cold, cloudy you name it. It's the UK last time I checked :-)

Post Moaning Thunderstorms? I hope so....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

still at 32.9C at 17:30.

Cloud filled in now, but  signs that alto-cumulus and catellanus are forming from the low level murk

One never knows

Keep the faith!!

:D  :D  :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

still at 32.9C at 17:30.

Cloud filled in now, but  signs that alto-cumulus and catellanus are forming from the low level murk

One never knows

Keep the faith!!

:D  :D  :D

Just seen that temp 32.9c on the nearest met office observation site to Solihull http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/gcqf99dn5

The only thing i can't workout is sunny symbol at 17:00.....Cloud fest here when Coleshill is around 5miles away :cc_confused:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Quite abit cooler to yesterday at 25.9c max but unbearably humid this afternoon and cloudy.

Better potential bubbly mid level clouds to the last non thundery event,but nothing very good at all.

Last nights min went quite abit cooler than I expected at 15.5c  

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Just seen that temp 32.9c on the nearest met office observation site to Solihull http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/gcqf99dn5

The only thing i can't workout is sunny symbol at 17:00.....Cloud fest here when Coleshill is around 5miles away :cc_confused:

Dancer,

The above is my own back garden reading.

(I have a shade probe and a sun (although in an official type housing) and they both showd 32.9C).  Earlier on the sun was nearly at 35C. 

So it looks as though it was a fairly general temp. I will not know my actual max until I take  the readings at midnight.

MIA

Posted

Dancer,

The above is my own back garden reading.

(I have a shade probe and a sun (although in an official type housing) and they both showd 32.9C).  Earlier on the sun was nearly at 35C. 

So it looks as though it was a fairly general temp. I will not know my actual max until I take  the readings at midnight.

MIA

Mine was showing around the same at the time 32.6c.....proper scorcher today that's for defiant.

Anyway pools out and loving it   backyard-pool.gif

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Whew. 31.1 °C here, at twenty to seven in the evening. Who'd have thought it when it was cold and windy a couple of weeks ago? Just shows how the British weather can throw up something interesting out of nowhere. :)

Posted

Post Moaning Thunderstorms? I hope so....

Just for you non weather folk https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/83475-where-are-my-storms/ :p

Posted

Whew. 31.1 °C here, at twenty to seven in the evening. Who'd have thought it when it was cold and windy a couple of weeks ago? Just shows how the British weather can throw up something interesting out of nowhere. :)

I was thinking that today like you said " ^^^^^^^ " especially with the last few below monthly average temps, i didn't think the summer was ever going to make a visit....but  :yahoo: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Well i am watching into the storm on the tv. Its the closest that i am going to get to seeing a storm around here in shropshire lol!

Posted

You never know..... the latest NMM'S show plenty of potential 

nmm_uk1-1-29-1.png?01-19

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

What the #@&@!19c for brum according to main weather tomorrow? Been talking 24/25 on radio???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

No graphics on Midlands Today when Shefali gave the weather in Kenilworth. Guessing it was a technical hitch because they always have them and she was standing to the left.

Posted

It's still 31c here, which means we've stayed above the 30c mark for five and a half hours and counting. First time that's happened for a very long time.

Friday night/Saturday morning suddenly looks very promising for much of England from a storms perspective.......

Bish

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

28.6c here now after a max of 30.8c at 2.44pm.

Posted

What the #@&@!19c for brum according to main weather tomorrow? Been talking 24/25 on radio???

Yes! a 14 degree drop tomorrow compared to today for some!!!! but back to mid twenty's come Friday :)

Posted

Mid level instability took a much better turn,lots of mid levels towering cumulus around now.

Posted

My max this afternoon was 34.6 c, it's still up at 32.3 c now.  Can see it being a long night.