Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Must admit I love heat but even I'm finding this a tad uncomfortable, still around 30c here having peaked at nearly 33c earlier!

Just wish we had air con in the house, it would make the hot weather far more enjoyable knowing there was a cool house to sleep in!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Max temperature of 34c here today. Stunning and still over 30c now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Must admit I love heat but even I'm finding this a tad uncomfortable, still around 30c here having peaked at nearly 33c earlier!

Just wish we had air con in the house, it would make the hot weather far more enjoyable knowing there was a cool house to sleep in!

that's the key, I assume all heat lovers have air conditioned houses at night

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Gone really quite dark here and dropped a few degrees (27 °C). Even though I'm not a big storm fan, I'd quite like to see one tonight -- it'd be more interesting than this muggy greyness. Nothing at all on the radar, though.

Posted

28.6c here now after a max of 30.8c at 2.44pm.

That's a pretty impressive max for your neck of the woods, PM. I daresay temps in excess of 30°C must be a very rare occurrence for you overall?

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The maximum of 30.6c here is only the third time 30c has been reached in the last 38 years, the other two occasions were in August 1990.

The all time record of 31.7c on Aug 3rd 1990 still stands but the old July record of 28.5c set in 1995 has been well and truly smashed.

It'll be interesting to see what tonight's minimum is.

• Like 2

Posted

Gone very dark just to the south, smell of rain in the air, is there something yet to come???

Unbelievable we couldnt reach 30 when it did so at 1000ft further north. Whats wrong with this area?

Posted

It's suddenly got that feeling here that's something is about to give.

Has gone dark and the sky is suddenly looking a lot more interesting.

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very humid here and still 29c. Incredible day. :)

Posted

Sky has calmed down again here but things have kicked off near Shrewsbury...certainly looked like things were developing as the gloominess passed over. Wouldn't be surprised to see more develop in the very north of our region soon.

Edited by Gord

Posted

Skies looking a bit more ominous with a slight head ache. Ants everywhere here right now too. Very humid and muggy at 28c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Well i am watching into the storm on the tv. Its the closest that i am going to get to seeing a storm around here in shropshire lol!

Enjoy your film......http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile  Reverse psychology .......love it :whistling:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Ugh... Why are storms so random.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Had been in ironbridge (running a race that started in the frankly stupid head of 29 degrees!) tonight and came back via telford. Sat under a developing cell in telford for a bit, few rumbles and then on drive back down a5 could see a nice cell spitting out lightening North of town. Watched if for a while North of town and its growing. Places North look to be set to do well.

Was also a strike in the town and some rumbles of thunder.

Not a lightening free day round here after all.

Posted

So storms in the NW Midlands where it's been cooler. Huh. Lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

So storms in the NW Midlands where it's been cooler. Huh. Lol

developed north and west of here, see it on raintoday, very good anvil though, 2 flashes now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

If you have periscope there is a man (@TheRocksta) who on the Stoke storm. If you can put up the accent ;)

Posted

Summer of 95 has reported a few rumbles heard in the storm thread. So not all completely bad for you!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

That's a pretty impressive max for your neck of the woods, PM. I daresay temps in excess of 30°C must be a very rare occurrence for you overall?

Bish

Yes Bish, As TM's long data history shows above very rare indeed. To hot to be working outside so i took the afternoon off indoors, Enjoying the cooler air out in the garden now, With the smell of sweet freshly cut Hay..

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Gone very dark just to the south, smell of rain in the air, is there something yet to come???

Unbelievable we couldnt reach 30 when it did so at 1000ft further north. Whats wrong with this area?

Yet to come another moan LOL? Cloud base looks low. Ish.

• Like 2

Posted

Skies seem to be clearing here now. Still very muggy.

Not our day for us southerners really.

Posted

Feeling more oppressive now and headache worsening but still can't see anything happening. Shame but more than happy to have reached 34c today. Just as hot as most tropical countries would achieve.

Edited by Costa Del Fal