Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

The most striking thing about this plume was the fact of the temperatures. A dramatic rise in temperature within 36hrs and then a dramatic drop of 20c today! :rofl: The plume did not go out with a bang at all here, a misely  1mm of rain, no thunderstorms whatsoever :sorry:

20c drop....just amazing! love that to happen in January 10 to minus -10 >>>> in one day, that wouldn't just be amazing that would be heaven.....has it ever happened ???    

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

much better day today, if not too the other way! around 4.30pm, driving rain, howling winds and dropped to 15°C, 15C lower than yesterday

Posted

Brilliantly clear skies since 5pm, much more sunshine than yesterday despite a lengthy spell of rain this morning.

Now which day is going to hit the magic 30 at last? Will be surprised if Sat does it, but someday has to. Yesterday doesn't deserve to be the warmest day of the year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

And a really beautiful evening. Just been for a walk around the local lanes and it was fantastic for doing that. Just scraped to 20.7 °C this afternoon when the rain had cleared, but still 11.5 °C lower than yesterday's max!

Posted

Really lovely evening. This is my favourite summer weather. Much prefer it to the high temperatures and humidity.

We've had plenty of these pleasantly warm sunny days and cool nights that I love this Spring and Summer so far so I don't begrudge the heat fans their fun! It all adds together to make a typical British Summer. We need a bit of everything on our little island to keep the interest high!

Late Summer/Autumn is when I really start to enjoy the warmer half of the year as we can get some really very pleasant conditions around here before the Atlantic kicks in for Autumn...so all the heat reports this week keeps me amused as we get through high Summer!

Anyway, this time tomorrow evening, hopefully we'll all be engrossed in some very stormy goings on!

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Today has been absolutely fantastic. 

Cool enough to do as you please and a beautiful cloudless sky this evening, with a nice breeze. Comfortable to do as you please, rain for the garden. Lovely weather when the population has finished work and can relax.

Perfect, can't get it any better - rinse and repeat for the next 3 months please.

Posted

Really lovely evening. This is my favourite summer weather. Much prefer it to the high temperatures and humidity.

We've had plenty of these pleasantly warm sunny days and cool nights that I love this Spring and Summer so far so I don't begrudge the heat fans their fun! It all adds together to make a typical British Summer. We need a bit of everything on our little island to keep the interest high!

Late Summer/Autumn is when I really start to enjoy the warmer half of the year as we can get some really very pleasant conditions around here before the Atlantic kicks in for Autumn...so all the heat reports this week keeps me amused as we get through high Summer!

Anyway, this time tomorrow evening, hopefully we'll all be engrossed in some very stormy goings on!

With you on that one :D

post-11006-0-91736200-1435872315_thumb.p

Posted

:doh:  :laugh:  :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Supposed to be off to the cricket tomorrow night at Edgbaston. Do you guys think it's worth it?

should get away with it,showers not til later in the evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Not optimistic for tomorrow. Can see it rapidly turning into a mass of moderate to heavy rain with the odd rumble at best like all the other similar set ups go recent years.

Note the Met office symbols are just all rain too. No thunder symbols.

Also this evening was cold in relative terms to last night. Let's have some heat back please.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

If this is the outcome it would be tragic for us Midlanders - literally storms to the North, West and East of us.

post-17472-0-41850800-1435907982_thumb.j

Posted

If this is the outcome it would be tragic for us Midlanders - literally storms to the North, West and East of us.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Everything goes around the Midlands, especially snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Everything goes around the Midlands, especially snow!

snow especially somehow dodges low levels in NW of the region, north west of the region will miss out tonight, best areas around stourbridge the same places that do best for snow, like 18th Dec 2010, i had around 5cms, but stourbridge around 1 foot

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That's the exact thing that will happen. Of ALL the different charts show for tonight, you can absolutely 100% guarantee that happens.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yep, there is the proof!! The Midland storm sheild!!!!

Posted

Yep, there is the proof!! The Midland storm sheild!!!!

The direction that storm is moving it should be pretty close to Shropshie I would imagine.

Posted

I'm feeling pretty confident about tonight's chances. The thundery activity looks to be so far spread that even if we don't get a direct hit we could still get a good light show.

Posted

2nd plume tonight upper temps are slowly warming up today again.

A band of cirrostratus ahead of whatever comes later.

If it was anything like june 19th 2007 then we would be in for dramatic fun incredible that was came out of nowhere really.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/ra/2007/Rrea00120070619.gif

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

You see, if it wasn't for the internet/forecasts, I wouldn't feel that there were storms on the way. It just doesn't have that look or feel to me. Wednesday it definetly did but I just don't feel the love today!

Of course, all the above is utter wibble in scientific terms so I am in no means writing them off. I do trust the professionals!

Maybe I should've stayed away from forecasts this week so I could have had a surprise tonight!

Edited by Gord

Posted

Be a brave call to write off tonight, in terms of thunderstorms anyway. Long over due a decent electrical storm so everything crossed.

That's the thing, I'm not writing them off even though it doesn't feel right to me at this precise moment. It's going to be fascinating to see how it all evolves this evening from where we are now...which I'm sure it will.

Edited by Gord