Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

My Forecast:

Storms will form across the Southern half of the UK, primarily in the English Channel, these will strengthen at first as they head inland but are expected to dissipate as they approach the Midlands before reorganising in Leeds - potentially as supercells, avoiding the Midlands, although perhaps with the exception of the far North.

Scattered thunderstorms will develop across Wales, becoming more widespread and heading North. The North of England are likely to see homegrow storms later in the night, potentially supercellular bringing widespread distruption.

London and the East of England may recieve the most severe storms in the country - more isolated but significantly more severe in nature, potentially spawning weak tornadoes.

Scotland may be awoken to some severe storms throughout the night and into the morning, potentially bringing hail and CG lightning.

The Midlands storm shield is stronger than ever tonight, so any storms are very likely to dissipate as they approach the South Midlands, perhaps the isolated storm for one area at most. The West Midlands is most likely to avoid any storms - as per usual when the storm shield is plugged in and on full power.

Note: The weather always seems to do the opposite of what I predict though.

• Like 2

Posted

I think we need to be looking down towards the Weymouth area. That could give us some interest here later.

Depending on other developments of course.

Well it's looking pretty promising down in that neck of the woods right now, plenty of activity kicking off..........

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

The weather is so boring in shropshire

• Like 1

Posted

Well it's looking pretty promising down in that neck of the woods right now, plenty of activity kicking off..........

Bish

Just having a look again, I'm now not convinced it's those storms we should be looking at. Everything is moving so fast that the cold front is marching closer and closer. As it does so, it's pushing the storms (and developing new ones) ahead of it further east. So they're moving south to north but are getting shoved east at the same time if that makes sense.

So it's those showers in South Wales that we need to be looking at. If they can electrify, then we'll be in business. The whole lot is getting squashed but it's helping it to develop and that could still be excellent news for us. Once the cold front is through later in the night, it'll be game over. But we do have things to be watching right now...I remain confident!

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Have driven out to Nesscliffe and been sat up hill watching a great long distance lightening display. Storms worked up from Abber to Portmadog and the sky has been alive even from this distance. Crazy really. To far for much thunder but the storm going crazy now and lighting the sky up every 5/10 seconds at times. Glad I came.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Hmm not feeling confident. Inevitable north eastwards push will soon begin. Anywhere east of Coventry or rugby seems a good shout though. Concerned that cold front is moving too fast though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

I hope we get something! I have a feeling that we may not! 

Posted

Hmm not feeling confident. Inevitable north eastwards push will soon begin. Anywhere east of Coventry or rugby seems a good shout though. Concerned that cold front is moving too fast though.

Exactly what I thought but things can develop that fast, while we're ahead of the cold front there is a chance..and I think it's still a good chance. However, watch the radar frames carefully and you can see the north east squash start to happen. I reckon we still have 2-3 hours left.

Edited by Gord

Posted

Sferics starting to appear near Hereford.

That's good...

Posted

Hello.

I am very grateful for all your posts on here. It's my involvement with a local social web-site that has kindled a much deeper interest in our weather. Seeing your posts, I am getting an inside take on the patterns of rain or shower generation, whether frontal like a sea wave, or rising thermals. I don't pretend to understand it, past the most basic of fundamentals, but I am learning.

Best wishes to you all.

• Like 1

Posted

The Midlands is doing poor stormwise at the moment. Hopefully things will pick up and NOT avoid the Midlands and head North.

Posted

Wow that storm just to the south of Bournemouth must be pretty intense. 

Sferics starting to appear near Hereford.

That's good...

Not sure I can spot anything, Gord?

Bish

Posted

Just heard a rumble

Posted

Wow that storm just to the south of Bournemouth must be pretty intense. 

Not sure I can spot anything, Gord?

Bish

There were some...and recently it's just got going again.

However, sadly, it's not heading our way, as I hoped it would. The northeast movement just isn't well timed for us at the moment.

That storm is actually heading for Shrewsbury/Telford area believe it or not. Which will cause mass celebrations at that end of the M54...and let's be honest, they deserve it!

Still not giving up! Plenty of time left yet!

Edited by Gord

Posted

Storm Shield may be broken is Shropshire.

Posted

Yep, Shrewsbury...at last...it's finally over to you.

Enjoy.

Posted

Can we not dump that lump on the south coast right over shropshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Have repositioned to Bayston hill for cell coming up from South. Saw one big CG to south, which I think others have reported. This was still a log way off in Craven arms. Nothing since. Dead calm now though!

Posted

Just out started raining.

Then waited 15 min got slightly wet it stopped a big flash and thunder just SE followed by a much lesser one,but its a start,nothing more since from that.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

When was the last time a storm actually Fired Gloucester or Worcester way and headed this way? Very long time ago. Seems Uncanny its Shropshire and he north west and Dorset seeing the action all over again. :(

Posted

Now somethings starting to build near Worcester and heading Kidderminster way. Not doing much but shows that it's not over yet.

I think it's going to come good soon. More showers seem to be appearing.

Edit: Although it looks like it's dying again!

Edited by Gord

Posted

The stuff over Bournemouth is heading straight here. I'm cacking myself for it. you guys. An take it. Take it away!!

Posted

I was about to say...where is everyone from east of Birmingham? That Bournemouth storm should be heading their way!

Tempted to drive over with a loud speaker and wake them up....they can't miss this!

Edited by Gord