Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Over in the convective discussion there's a lot of people who may very well end up disappointed tonight, we've seen it once already this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

What will be will be, It's a Friday Night, I shall be at the pub either way the only question is will I be outside or have to dash inside lol :p;)

Posted

I to would have to agree, some people just don't it. I say time and time and time again you can't take each run model as gospel

Nah, I can understand the expectation the parameters are in place it is up for MT to show whose boss plus Surrey can you move the red line slicing through London 3 miles to the east. That would be lovely. :)

Posted

I think the Great Plains of East Anglia will make it conducive place for supercell(s) to roam.

Edited by Daniel*

Nah, I can understand the expectation the parameters are in place it is up for MT to show whose boss plus Surrey can you move the red line slicing through London 3 miles to the east. That would be lovely. :)

Oh yeah the juice over us and the potential for something not many of us have witnessed to happen is there.. But will it? 

While I can understand the excitement you have to look at it realistically.. We shull know within the next 12 hours let the count down begin 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

BBC 1.30 forecast buying into the idea of storms in SE too - though less organised than in N&W. 

• Like 1

Posted

BBC 1.30 forecast buying into the idea of storms in SE too - though less organised than in N&W. 

Less organised maybe but potentially more severe than the rest of the country if they can get started.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Less organised maybe but potentially more severe than the rest of the country if they can get started.

Exactly! The potential is there for something special but as usual I'm not holding my breath!

Posted

"Typical wind shear values for single cell storms are below 15m/s, multicell storms 15-25m/s and supercell storms >25m/s."

I'm aware shear is greatest to the SE so this implies potential for storms of a much more severe nature in this region. Has anyone got any charts for wind shear?

"Typical wind shear values for single cell storms are below 15m/s, multicell storms 15-25m/s and supercell storms >25m/s."

I'm aware shear is greatest to the SE so this implies potential for storms of a much more severe nature in this region. Has anyone got any charts for wind shear?

Yep

Shear I don't understand to much but that is showing some serious shear moving into the South east corner in the early hours.

gfs_stp_eur15.png

Or..

gfs_layer_eur15.png

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 2

Posted

Yep

Shear I don't understand to much but that is showing some serious shear moving into the South east corner in the early hours.

gfs_stp_eur15.png

Or..

gfs_layer_eur15.png

Thanks S, the early hours do look very promising with >25m/s covering the whole of SE. I'd love to experience a supercell in all its glory understandably be safe if you go storm chasing.

Posted

I shouldn't really be wishing for storms since my friends house had its roof destroyed by lightning 10 years ago. The fire brigade finished destroying the rest of the house and he was left homeless for 12 weeks.

For this reason only I decide to have buildings insurance, luckily he was insured otherwise the bill would have been approaching £100,000  :shok:

Edited by Wet'n'Dry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

25.5c here, humidity up to 60. Boring high cloud has arrived recently 

Edited by tomp456

Posted

27 degrees here humidity a meer 34% but feels A LOT more than that 

Its got to feel 30+ degrees here. Impressive for the coast. 

Thanks S, the early hours do look very promising with >25m/s covering the whole of SE. I'd love to experience a supercell in all its glory understandably be safe if you go storm chasing.

I think I may head out.. Given I am pretty far west in the Region it won't take long for me to get past reading etc (30-40 min drive) 

However Mrs is a bit more skeptical although she loves a good storm I don't want to put her in harms way.

I got a 4g dongle laptop tablets cameras etc all ready.. Just transport  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Posted

I'm thinking of going out this evening at about 8:00 any others chasing in the area want to meet up??

Posted

Netweather will it thunder feature is 0% for my location, but 41% less than 10 miles away westwards. Fine fine margins. 

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I thought it was supposed to be feeling humid again today, with increasing humidity through the day.... Yet here it's hazy with a cool wind blowing? Nothing about that on the forecast all week

• Like 2

Posted

Netweather will it thunder feature is 0% for my location, but 41% less than 10 miles away westwards. Fine fine margins. 

I wouldn't worry too much about present conditions. This is a fluid situation with everyone and anyone at odds with eachother! 

If the cap gets broken then we are in for one hell of a ride in the S/SE. If it doesn't then C'est la vie!

Personally I think it's going to go bang. Local conditions are not going to influence what comes next as this is an import situation on two fronts.

Where they are going to meet is anyones guess but I feel the emphasis on the west of the southern UK is a little premature!

Posted

I thought it was supposed to be feeling humid again today, with increasing humidity through the day.... Yet here it's hazy with a cool wind blowing? Nothing about that on the forecast all week

Dont know what part of nort Kent you are in, but you must have the same cool northeasterly wind from the sea as Ramsgate has. Its pegging the temperture right down to 20 or 21 celcius round these parts. Perfect sunbathing weather.