Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Well humidity is sky rocketing this also bodes well for later... Look to the left of the photo

attachicon.gifDSC_0822.JPG

Got loads of those here.

Posted

Anyone in North London thinking of going out tonight if it looks promising?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Anyone in North London thinking of going out tonight if it looks promising?

I was going to go to the Ace cafe but it's full of chavs on scooters on a Friday night!!

But seriously, west of the M25 is looking a bit meaty. Possibly frequency and ferocity of storms combined, best of both worlds.

I suspect Surrey is in a good location, right in the sweet spot IMO!!

26 degrees with a 6mph easterly breeze.. 42% humidity and climbing.. given I am also in the grabs of the "urban heat Island"

that is Hearthow and London, with that slight easterly breeze nobdoy has taken into consideration IT IS SWEATY MAN!!!

The love island tonight or firing zone I think is here

post-12648-0-38876400-1435935997_thumb.j

Edited by Surrey

Posted

26 degrees with a 6mph easterly breeze.. 42% humidity and climbing.. given I am also in the grabs of the "urban heat Island"

that is Hearthow and London, with that slight easterly breeze nobdoy has taken into consideration IT IS SWEATY MAN!!!

26°c here and 46% but it feels very pleasant. Incidentally, the clouds here locally are moving from West to East, that reinforces my opinion that the forecasted storms for the SW/W will be a busted flush!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Dont know what part of nort Kent you are in, but you must have the same cool northeasterly wind from the sea as Ramsgate has. Its pegging the temperture right down to 20 or 21 celcius round these parts. Perfect sunbathing weather.

Just on the outskirts of Canterbury! Completely at odds with the forecasts! I hate North East winds

26°c here and 46% but it feels very pleasant. Incidentally, the clouds here locally are moving from West to East, that reinforces my opinion that the forecasted storms for the SW/W will be a busted flush!

I wish I was having beers with you tonight... DAMN the positiveity after a few beers, even it was 100 miles west or east I would still be like AHHHH ** it dont matter had sun BBQ beers and some sick clouds 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Thanks to Paul and the gang they ran this out for us:

attachicon.gifone storm.png

attachicon.giftwo storm.png

Sky looks capped to me though on the coast not a lot of cbs around, but still loads of tins yet for something to happen

Sky looks capped to me though on the coast not a lot of cbs around, but still loads of tins yet for something to happen

Basically this is what is happening now..

The short gun has been un-locked, the powder was been poured down, loaded and we are now verging on cocking the shotgun..

We we have to wait for this pulling the trigger  :spiteful:

Posted

I just can't see the SW/Midlands getting the show they are expecting. Maybe the Welsh coast up through Liverpool but to my eye the low approaching from the atlantic looks to be pulling back more to the west.

Posted

Can't wait for any storms if we get them! Not holding out tho, notoriously hit and miss nature of storms, plus this bit of east Kent has it's own microclimate..

Lots of hot and humid weather over the last few days, got a rumble or two yesterday morning and some actual lightning Friday before last.. hoping today's storms match those from this time last year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Looking at sat 24 you have cloud in the north sea moving SW and cloud in the west moving NE, just looks strange lol, looks like winds are opposing each other. Could be quite dangerous if storms do develop.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I thought it was supposed to be feeling humid again today, with increasing humidity through the day.... Yet here it's hazy with a cool wind blowing? Nothing about that on the forecast all week

With a prevailing SE'erly, you may have an enhanced sea-breeze. I certainly have here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Basically this is what is happening now..

The short gun has been un-locked, the powder was been poured down, loaded and we are now verging on cocking the shotgun..

We we have to wait for this pulling the trigger  :spiteful:

And the trigger might/will be pulled when? Late eve? I take it if/when cap goes storms will fire up within minutes?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

With a prevailing SE'erly, you may have an enhanced sea-breeze. I certainly have here!

I'm getting battered by the E'ly breeze lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Getting more humid here now with a veil of high cloud.  Local station showing 22.6C and 58% humidity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Breeze has really got up here the past hour or so, heres hoping for something later, at least some rain if nothing else for the gardens, lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Breeze has really got up here the past hour or so, heres hoping for something later, at least some rain if nothing else for the gardens, lol

That's what I'm thinking, since they put us all on the meter it's costing me loading keeping the garden looking nice, got no suitable area for a waterbutt but even my mate who's got one said his been dry for bit.