Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

That was a very interesting day for weather enthusiasts and I really enjoyed watching it all unfold on the radar and sharing the experience on here. Cheers guys.

The squall line that developed earlier, stretching from Reading down to the Channel Islands, was one of the longest I've ever seen on a radar!

I would have liked to experience the squall line, but lassie23 and stainsbloke hogged it all, so by the time it got here there was nothing left. As seaside 60 reported, the rain "parted its way" and some of us got very little. C'est la vie!  

Yes it was the most thunder and heaviest rain I've had this year, the garden is now watered well and  no more is needed for now. It was a surprise as I thought it was going to be sunny, hope the next lot hits your back yard. :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

It's chucking it down AGAIN here!! Will it ever stop lol? Deffo making up for the extremely dry late Spring/Summer here. Everything very green again now after looking so stressed earlier in the season. Though my butternut squashes won't ripen if it keeps up...

It's chucking it down AGAIN here!! Will it ever stop lol? Deffo making up for the extremely dry late Spring/Summer here. Everything very green again now after looking so stressed earlier in the season. Though my butternut squashes won't ripen if it keeps up...

What an intense shower that was!! MAD! Again! Hope we on't see to many of them today..

Although, I had to walk to work init which helped get this shot of it moving of..

post-12648-0-06865300-1440660826_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Oh look, rain. What a surprise. I'm pointlessly complaining to nobody here  :D but for those of us in flats who have no choice but to line dry our washing - this rainy August is very annoying!!! :angry:

Edited by Team Squirrel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

We had a pretty heavy downpour yesterday as the squall line moved through, with one flash of lightning.  It was heavy enough to leave standing water in the back garden, though we do have clay soil so it can happen on occasion.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Torrential rain yet again in Cambridge, what a week, feel sorry for anyone who's on holiday

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Torrential rain yet again in Cambridge, what a week, feel sorry for anyone who's on holiday

Dreadful isn't it? Not only loads of rain but a huge lack of sun. Today, after the early shower, has been mostly grey and temps only reaching a miserable 18C. Feels more like October! Definitely feel sorry for the holidaymakers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

WE are all very happy for you, have you had no mains water recently, lol......

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Not much to say about today, dry all day with sunny spells and temperatures bang on average.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A chilly start - only 6.4C here at 06.30. Today looking a better day than of late. At least some warm sunshine to enjoy.

The charts for next week have a High somewhere off the W or NW of the UK giving a very cool flow for our Region, so temps looking rather disappointing for the first week of Sept. There's even a pocket of 0C air at 850 hPa getting as far south as us mid-week, so some chilly days and nights and feeling autumnal. The exact positioning of the High will dictate the detail - this morning's position and tilt on the GFS would have us enduring some stiff NE winds off the North Sea and probably lots of cloud. But next week all subject to chops & changes, so in the meantime let's enjoy the last Bank Holiday - just a shame today wasn't tomorrow (if you get my drift) as I'm off to work in a mo.   :pardon:

Posted

A beautiful sunny morning here, clear blue skies and just a light breeze though quite cool. Hopefully will stay like this all day without too much of the dreaded infill.

ooooo

ssued at: 
1022 on Fri 28 Aug 2015

Valid from: 
0015 on Sun 30 Aug 2015

Valid to: 
2350 on Sun 30 Aug 2015

Heavy showers and possibly some more prolonged rain is expected to affect southeastern parts of England at times during Sunday. Rain could be heavy, with the risk of some torrential downpours whilst lightning may well be an additional hazard at times.

Very localised impacts from standing water or flooding from fast responding water courses may affect travel and some outdoor events and activities. A frontal system, currently developing near the Azores, is expected to push northeast towards the UK later on Saturday, then becoming slow-moving across the southeast on Sunday. Ripples of energy running along the front will give rise to organised showers or more prolonged periods of rain. Furthermore, thunderstorms which are likely to develop across northern France may come north into the warning area, leading to some torrential downpours.

30-50 mm of rain is possible in the warning area, with locally as much as 25 mm falling in a few hours. Added to the heavy rainfall this area has experienced over the last week, some issues from standing water or very localised flooding are possible.

This is a very complex development, and the warning area, as well as warning period, may well be updated as confidence in developments increase.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I thought Piers Corbyn had promised a stonking BH weekend? Could be a pesky solar filament making its influence felt, however? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

WE are all very happy for you, have you had no mains water recently, lol......

LOL! :doh:  Next time I'll say "cloudburst'. :D  Sunny and fresh today, there was no breeze at all last night, 21.7c. Will it be a wet bank holiday, August bank holidays are usually sunny. Why doesn't Corbyn try filament forecasting instead? A filament always seems to funk up his forecasts.

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Oh great,more rain,just what we need. :nea:

Hello Paul1968. Welcome to the SE & EA forum. :)

Don't know about you guys, but it was a pleasant day here, topped off by a lovely sunset. Late Saturday into Sunday continues to look a difficult call for the SE corner of our patch over the Bank Holiday weekend  - will it persist down or not?

post-20040-0-91445300-1440790438_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well another decent day in Chatteris, just some fair weather cloud with temperatures near normal.

This weekend is still hanging in the balance with us on he cusp of hot air to the south, so with a front overhead it will be a case of how much rain/sun we get.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Well I don't know what happened to Mondays being ok.

It looks dire, will it really rain all day as its looks like, that was not on the cards.

Tonight's rain looks hit and miss.

Never mind by Thursday kids will be happy to go back to school.

Looks like a nice wet spell and whatst he betting on end Sept/Oct being record hot type weather. :D :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

The met office must be really embarrassed as they released a news release on Wednesday say bank holiday Monday will be lovely with perhaps the odd shower. Now just got warning of possible wash out on my app. I know this has been an awkward forecast to predict but I can see why maybe BBC are ditching them.

Posted

looking at the radar could be  geting a  bit wet soon here  ae  for  monday   its dire!!!

Posted

The rain has set in now after a dry but fairly cloudy morning. Quite mild at 21C. Other side of the Channel? Sunny and 29C. Annoyed.