Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather Discussion 14/11/15 Onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms
4 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Whereabouts in Tenerife r u  ??

Playas de las Americas. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

I'm celebrating Christmas here in Tenerife because they celebrate it much later here. It even have decorations still up!! santa:santa-emoji:

It is like traveling back in time!! :D

http://www.whychristmas.com/cultures/spain.shtml

Children have some presents on Christmas Day, but most are opened at Epiphany. Some children believe that the Kings bring presents to them at Epiphany. They write letters to the Kings on Boxing Day, December 26th, asking for toys and presents. And on Epiphany Eve (January 5th) they leave shoes on windowsills or balconies or under the Christmas Tree to be filled with presents. Gifts are often left by children for the Kings, a glass of Cognac for each King, a satsuma and some walnuts. Sometimes a bucket of water is left for the camels that bring the Kings! If the children have been bad, the Kings might leave pieces of coal made out of sugar in the presents!

Edited by pip22
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!
13 hours ago, iand61 said:

Happy pills:D

Yay can i have some please? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

nice bright day with blue skies 

Posted

Some wintry potential

hirlamuk-42-46-0.png?06-11  hirlamuk-42-47-0.png?06-11hirlamuk-42-48-0.png?06-11

Charts for Friday morning above, this is probably the best case scenario, some models push the front further north including the snowfall potential. 

The EURO4 below isn't that far out yet 

16010806_2_0606.gif

Snow signal isn't as strong on the EURO4, though high ground could get lucky, BBC weather website showed snow for here so we'll see.

• Like 2

Posted

It is a nice Epithany present for the models favouring much colder weather on way.  Hoping when I get back from Tenerife it be a huge shock to my system when I go home. Hopefully it be lying snow by then.:D

Posted

Note to self buy myself a snow machine to avoid disappointment I can deliver to all for fuel costs of course ;)

• Like 1

Posted
29 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Going up teide pip??

I might not because Teide I think got no snow on it. I've seen it from a plane. Maybe it is much easier when the snow reach to me back in the UK next week than to reach it myself to top of the volcano.

I enjoyed the food here especially pealla!!:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 hour ago, Bolton67 said:

Some fantastic charts tonight...

looks like it's time to dig the de-icer out :D:D:D

there are some really excited members in the model thread with the usual shades of 47 and 63 comparisons being made.

however after so many let downs, I'll keep calm until I see heavy blowing snow, which considering I haven't even used de-icer this winter will certainly be a major shock to the system.

• Like 1

Posted

At last a bit of cold weather coming our way !! 

• Like 2

Posted

Yes, it should really start to feel like winter next week.  There's been a gradual cool-down in recent days, with temps at 6/7's instead of double digits as per December.  Just how long, cold, and potentially snowy next week becomes still remains in doubt, but it will for sure be a shock to the system.  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!
9 hours ago, dodgeredee said:

Yes, it should really start to feel like winter next week.  There's been a gradual cool-down in recent days, with temps at 6/7's instead of double digits as per December.  Just how long, cold, and potentially snowy next week becomes still remains in doubt, but it will for sure be a shock to the system.  

I think that may turn out to be a bit of an understatement. With the weather we've experienced so far, I'm pretty sure the upcoming cold spell is literally going to be a shock to the system. More so if those really cold -8 uppers do hit us.

For me there is multiple shots a good snowfall for most of us starting Monday night into Tuesday when the low swings across the UK and starts to pull in that cold NWerly. That could pull in a few streamers off the Irish Sea. After this a shortwave swings up from the SW and as we are on the northern flank we should remain under cold enough uppers that any PPN will be snow and as others have said, blizzards due to the strength of the flow with that small dartboard low.

From this point on it looks to remain pretty darn cold but dry on the whole and we would be looking at a very strong NErly to force any PPN across the pennines or more low pressure systems coming in from the SW.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
1 hour ago, Snowmad79 said:

I think that may turn out to be a bit of an understatement. With the weather we've experienced so far, I'm pretty sure the upcoming cold spell is literally going to be a shock to the system. More so if those really cold -8 uppers do hit us.

For me there is multiple shots a good snowfall for most of us starting Monday night into Tuesday when the low swings across the UK and starts to pull in that cold NWerly. That could pull in a few streamers off the Irish Sea. After this a shortwave swings up from the SW and as we are on the northern flank we should remain under cold enough uppers that any PPN will be snow and as others have said, blizzards due to the strength of the flow with that small dartboard low.

From this point on it looks to remain pretty darn cold but dry on the whole and we would be looking at a very strong NErly to force any PPN across the pennines or more low pressure systems coming in from the SW.

Agreed, also opportunities for further snowfall would probably pop-up nearer the time, but the main issue to get the cold in and entrenched.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Well didnt see a y warning for the torrential rain and winds we had all through the night, it was terrible!!

Posted

Heavy showers just passing through mixed with hail

• Like 1

Posted

Met Office Warnings Issued For: Lancashire

1. Yellow early warning of rain

0015 on Sun 10 January
    To:
    2345 on Sun 10 January
    Updated 5 hours ago

Further spells of rain are expected at first on Sunday, clearing to showers through the day. With the ground remaining saturated, be aware of further impacts from surface water and river flooding.