Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Heavy snow falling here in the peak district.... its got really heavy here in the last half hour.... if we get this until the morning could be a very good covering.....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Have to say this dividing line tonight looks crucial as to Monday's dividing line as well. Seems like the same dividing line could be in place then so I am going for west of Birmingham as rain on Monday should any ppn make it here. Snow to the East, should it make there.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted

Beautiful out there, had to just have a little walk around haha. About a cm, not sure how the Met have me down for more than 6 hours left of it though, as the radar suggests it's almost over! I'm up for work at 6am so I'll find out I'm sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
3 minutes ago, Costa Del Fal said:

How high up are you? Oldbury is not that far away but may as well be in the Highlands of Scotland and myself in the Isles of Scilly for the difference in weather right now!

In Kingstanding at parents house, about 10 mins from Oldbury and its trying to turn here not long for you mate. 

Posted

Never underestimate sleet its formed a good cold base layer , snow settling on a few surfaces already !!!!! Good size flakes 

Posted

Sleety rain now and temp down from 2.1 to the dizzy heights of 2 :-)  can't wait to build a wet snowman!!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, nobble said:

Never underestimate sleet its formed a good cold base layer , snow settling on a few surfaces already !!!!! Good size flakes 

That's true providing temps drop away later so it freezes solid. Wont melt so quickly then

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, snowangel32 said:

In Kingstanding at parents house, about 10 mins from Oldbury and its trying to turn here not long for you mate. 

Hope so but Kingstanding is still a fair bit NE especially in relative terms wrt this set up. :/

Posted
3 minutes ago, Adzyy said:

Beautiful out there, had to just have a little walk around haha. About a cm, not sure how the Met have me down for more than 6 hours left of it though, as the radar suggests it's almost over! I'm up for work at 6am so I'll find out I'm sure.

Up for work, at six o'clock in the morning on a Sunday???!! That sounds like my idea of hell lol :diablo:

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Sitting in the conservatory listening to the rain, think it's just turning to sleet.... could this be the beginning?

Posted

starting to settle on the roads now, i think the drizzle and rain must have washed the salt away. It's going to be dangerous out later, take care all!

Posted
Just now, Bishop Brennan said:

Up for work, at six o'clock in the morning on a Sunday???!! That sounds like my idea of hell lol :diablo:

Bish

The joys of working in petrol stations part time at weekends!! Sleep just isn't an option haha.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

I'm looking out of my window facing SE and its definately turning sleety, it's starting to hit the window which suggests a slight change in wind direction...  

Posted

Some hi-res models seem to show the front slightly intensifying again tomorrow rather than dying out completely so explains why the MO now have more light snow symbols scattered around tomorrow daytime. Won't amount to much but looks like the snow line may finally move west a little bit for some flurries here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
17 minutes ago, helen47 said:

Labray road around the corner lol small world :)

Certainly is :D

Ok, so some heavier PPN has just arrived here and I can confirm, it is...... RAIN!:rofl::rofl::rofl: What a joke.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Lukey said:

I'm looking out of my window facing SE and its definately turning sleety, it's starting to hit the window which suggests a slight change in wind direction...  

Where abouts are you in the black country out of interest? Still drizzle here like a mild autumn night. In fact it is rather Isles of Scilly esque with drizzle and low cloud/mist!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
3 minutes ago, Costa Del Fal said:

Hope so but Kingstanding is still a fair bit NE especially in relative terms wrt this set up. :/

I will keep a close eye on your posts to see if it turns there if not my mom has a spare bed lol. Great to see midlanders getting some snow it was doom and gloom earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
2 minutes ago, hammy said:

turning here..

Should hope so too up by the Lickeys! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
Just now, Sweatyman said:

Should hope so too up by the Lickeys! 

tell me about it, nothing but drizzle all night

radar don't look good for any meaningful ppm reaching here tho

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Yes it's turning at last you never no now