Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!
10 minutes ago, pegg24 said:

Couple of cm' s cars covered.  Grass and roads covered still coming down. 

Awesome, hopefully it will continue to feed southwards to me - still wish I'd stayed at home tonight though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
2 minutes ago, mackerel sky said:

Surprised at reports of no snow in Northampton. It's been coming down pretty heavy here. A good 3cm on the grass, only a 1cm on the roads.

We have the same in corby. Suprsied northampton I think normal does well compared to the rest of us in northamptonshire.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
16 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

I know, it is madness really!

I really do feel your pain. All we have had is rain really. had a few flurries earlier but that was it. it's now pure drizzle out there, not even sleet! Sickening when you consider that Warwickshire has a dusting and so does Leicester. I might move back to Leicester at this rate :rofl: Best snow I've seen down here is about 2cm and it melted the next day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

snowing quite heavy now here in aston and it's setteling on top of bins and walls outside.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
Just now, andy_leics22 said:

I really do feel your pain. All we have had is rain really. had a few flurries earlier but that was it. it's now pure drizzle out there, not even sleet! Sickening when you consider that Warwickshire has a dusting and so does Leicester. I might move back to Leicester at this rate :rofl: Best snow I've seen down here is about 2cm and it melted the next day.

I think Leicester's never had so much snow since you left - maybe you were (are?) a walking snow shield...? Lol 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Just now, andy_leics22 said:

U weather forecasting is decent you called east midland northants etc getting a few cm s.  :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Temps here at 0.5c Dp 0.0c but not much happening now maybe a few heavier outbreaks to come but even that's breaking up.

The main PPN is moving on.....Now it's cold enough....You know the rest:cray:

• Like 2

Posted
29 minutes ago, chillyblast said:

Still snowing heavy here, looking good but only just started settling, how we doing in Northants?

A cm or 2 here in Burton Latimer and still snowing but only light stuff at the mo...

snow1701.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.
8 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

I really do feel your pain. All we have had is rain really. had a few flurries earlier but that was it. it's now pure drizzle out there, not even sleet! Sickening when you consider that Warwickshire has a dusting and so does Leicester. I might move back to Leicester at this rate :rofl: Best snow I've seen down here is about 2cm and it melted the next day. Don't worry though have snow here I can't see it amounting to anything note worthy. Lets not be too down hearted about though looking at the mets 16-30 forecast it sounds incurraging for mid Feb.

Edited by syed2878

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

All fading away so think I will be throwing the towel in now. Complete waste of time to be honest. Time for Spring and Summer to hurry up and arrive now. Bored of winter.

Edited by Costa Del Fal
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Finally can report its Snowinnnn :cold:

Edited by snowangel32
  • Like 1

Posted

Moderate snow now it's going to have to snow hard to stick after the rain

Posted

It's still quite heavy here, going to bed to wake up in 5 hours. Hopefully it'll still be snowing. It's been nice to have some proper snow (even though it's only been a cm or two) at last. Will make the most of it as I fear this is our lot for this winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather
14 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

yes - even worse that we actually ARE Warwickshire!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Moderate snow now it's going to have to snow hard to stick after the rain

Are you back in Oldbury now? If so this is a staggering sharp contrast in weather. Still drizzle here.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Costa Del Fal said:

Are you back in Oldbury now? If so this is a staggering sharp contrast in weather. Still drizzle here.

Yh 5 mins of snow now back to sleet. 

Typical  its perfect for snow now and the ppn goes missing lol.

Edited by snowangel32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

Still snowing nicely here but the PPN line doesn't look like its going to last all night. 

Posted
17 minutes ago, pegg24 said:

U weather forecasting is decent you called east midland northants etc getting a few cm s.  :D

Thanks, the forecast I made at lunchtime was pants though:rofl: I thought Birmingham would do well and that Fizz would see 3-5cm. To be fair though, the models did change a bit by the time the 12z run came out. By 6pm I could see that the East Mids would be the sweet spot for this,

Posted

Didn't see any snow here until around 9pm, small flakes before that it was a crystal clear day no clouds and sunny.

Posted
20 minutes ago, fizz511 said:

I think Leicester's never had so much snow since you left - maybe you were (are?) a walking snow shield...? Lol 

I think you may be right:rofl: I did see 2 brilliant snow events in Leicester in 2010 and 2012 but from 2001-2010 we hardly had anything decent. It's funny because in 2009, Oxford had a pretty good covering and Leicester got hardly anything. When I moved down here I thought i'd see some decent snow events as it is in a good location for Channel lows. Been really poor though in the last 3 years :(

I am genuinely considering moving back to Leicester though. I am in a stable job down here and I do like Oxford but the flat and house prices are ridiculous and I do kinda miss my friends. Mum has just text me saying that they have a covering in Leicester!

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

I think you may be right:rofl: I did see 2 brilliant snow events in Leicester in 2010 and 2012 but from 2001-2010 we hardly had anything decent. It's funny because in 2009, Oxford had a pretty good covering and Leicester got hardly anything. When I moved down here I thought i'd see some decent snow events as it is in a good location for Channel lows. Been really poor though in the last 3 years :(

I am genuinely considering moving back to Leicester though. I am in a stable job down here and I do like Oxford but the flat and house prices are ridiculous and I do kinda miss my friends. Mum has just text me saying that they have a covering in Leicester!

I feel similar to you except I am comparing Northants to North Yorkshire, I'm Yorkshire born and bred but the job market here is far superior to up there however the weather is not depending on your preference, if you prefer weeks of nice warm weather its great but I don't I miss the small mountain ranges and the harsh weather that comes with it, therefore I follow your pain a little, however after cycling in the Alps in September and one day feeling the warmth of 37c in the "valley" and in the same day climbing up to 1800m and it being 1c with ice rain?? I would love to live in the Alps.

Edited by chillyblast
  • Like 1

Posted

To add insult to injury I can see the orange hue to the clouds to my East, indicative of snow. Never doing one of those long analysis posts I did last night again. Clearly not rewarded for my efforts! Lol!

Mega disappointment especially as this is displacing the cold air meaning the mild air can win out even easier this coming week.