Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
2 hours ago, Northern Strath said:

Have had a few light showers since I got home, Sunday/Monday morn still holds some promise for heavy showers on the Met O forecast if you're still up here:) 

Currently 0C

Aye, I'll still be here for that.

Couple of photos from out the back from today when it was snowing lightly. Bridge is over the river Dulnain.

IMG_0431.JPG

IMG_0432.JPG

• Like 9

Posted
7 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

It's my Netweather birthday on Monday and my real world birthday on Tuesday. 21 again ha ha erm 38 actually not that you would guess by how excited I am and nervous about the snow prospects. 

Ditto on 3 counts, but my age a little higher..... :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
49 minutes ago, Cheggers said:

I could have this delivered in time for your birthday......should fit in your garden nicely!

184401124.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

The recent heavy shower left a layer of slush on my car windscreen as still a it on the mild side. 

About the most positive bit So far in this cold spell for me.

There was a nice frost this morning though. 

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

0.5C here just now. Dry and I think it should be clear if it wasn't for the clouds of smoke being generated by Ineos. And of course that's to the east of me, so any showers is going to do well to stay as snow after passing through that warm gas

IMG_20160212_222640599.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Just had a 5min very heavy hail shower which has turned everything white.   Same as this morning's snow, travelled up the river.  1c/0.5c

2 hours ago, Cheggers said:

I remembered your NW birthday was the same as mine, forgot about the real world birthday. Aww, are you feeling your age now? :rofl: 

Posted

According to the radar, Edinburgh should be seeing a shower just now. Can anyone confirm what's falling? Here it's -0.2C dry and clear/smoky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

The radar would have you believe falling snow on the Black Isle.  Ha ha. Very very light rain. But still a nasty east wind tearing the heat out of the house. 

The stove's been on a moderate burn all day and still only the living room is warm, and usually by this time the accumulator would be nice n hot as well as the house.  Old houses, eh? They don't build 'em like they used to.

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, GrangemouthBairn said:

According to the radar, Edinburgh should be seeing a shower just now. Can anyone confirm what's falling? Here it's -0.2C dry and clear/smoky

Nothing here so far!

Edit: Surprisingly it's snow. Nice big flakes too and settling! 

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 1

Posted

This is the radar I use for my area which covers some of the Edinburgh/ Stirling/perth/Dundee/Glasgow areas too:

http://www.fifeweather.co.uk/index.php/rain-radar

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
8 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Nothing here so far!

Edit: Surprisingly it's snow. Nice big flakes too and settling! 

Hammering down with rain/sleet in Leith just now, local snowline is somewhere between you and me !

• Like 2

Posted

Cloud starting to increase here and up to 0.3C, but the BBC were predicting it to have got no lower than 3C so far tonight yet it has been below freezing, so hopefully there'll be a bit of snow here too

Posted

Absolutely hammering down all of a sudden! Turning white quickly!

Edit: Heavy stuff didn't last long. Still snowing but light now. Wee dusting on all surfaces. Hope yet for tomorrow! 

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 1

Posted

Look at all those showers streaming in and now the bloody temperature is rising! 1.9c/1.6c/E

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Just got woken up by my daughter coming in from a night out. She is soaked to the skin. Absolutely Peshing down with a  snow  / sleet / hail mix coming in almost horizontally. Layer of slush everywhere.

1 hour ago, Norrance said:

Just got woken up by my daughter coming in from a night out. She is soaked to the skin. Absolutely Peshing down with a  snow  / sleet / hail mix coming in almost horizontally. Layer of slush everywhere.

I bet she was popular waking you up? Nowt here yet, and the Euro4 has backed off its previous snow predictions for the rest of today for here. 

Edit: waited in eager anticipation for a shower to hit...rainy mongoose mongooses! Where's my toys gone, I am going to get in my pram and start tossing.

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Just.got.woken up by the 2 year old but he's forgiven as it's now beautifully white outside with snow coming down steadily 

• Like 6

Posted

Judging by the radar I'm not far from finding out what the day will bring. Last nights brief snow shower gives me hope but it's marginal......

Edited by 101_North

10 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Judging by the radar I'm not far from finding out what the day will bring. Last nights brief snow shower gives me hope but it's marginal......

Good luck to you @101_North, at least for me things can only get better, rain back on here now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

-2C here, bone dry, no frost, but at least that nagging easterly has done one.  It's a long time since a day like yesterday.

Snow tonight please, Josephine.

@edo- I was hoping you'd get the white stuff - you and your family know how to enjoy :):cold: wrap 'em up!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

It started as sleety/wet snow, now it's full blown snow! Big chunky flakes. Fantastic!! 

Its very very very wet snow, not making a huge impact- going to be rain for sure later. 

Edited by snowy owl
  • Like 2