Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted

Storm this weekend is looking interesting Pom, some Facebook weather sites are issuing warnings already.

You will more than likely end up with snow from it!! :rofl: lol

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

well today is the first day of winter and a very mild day it was,got up to 13.3c here.

Posted

15mm of rain in the last 3 hours and looking at the radar, it's only going to get heavier. Could be some pretty bad flooding if this comes to pass!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

2.6C currently with light sleety rain. Temperature down from 5.6C this morning, if it keeps dropping...

• Like 2

Posted

Miserable day ,with plenty of rain.  Got up to 6.8c during the early afternoon but the temp has been dropping ever since,temp now at 3.1c.

Edited by sundog

Posted
6 hours ago, Pomeroysnow said:

I am pretty sure that the forecast was 4 dry weather today. Instead it has been very damp grey and cold here

Your right Pom. Last night's forecast had the rain out in the Irish Sea but it has been raining all afternoon here. 

The weekend is looking even more stormy, gusts of 60mph inland with heavy rain to boot. 

Definitely not a weekend for outdoors activities. 

• Like 1

Posted

The rain cleared away from here around late this evening. Its become nice and clear here which allowed me a short while ago to put up the xmas lights outside which i was eager to do. The last few yrs everytime i have put up the lights outside during the early night  in early dec like i have done ,the temp has always happened to be around the 3c mark. Tonight  was no differant,felt raw on the hands yet again. Current temp 2.7c

Now all i need is some snow cover to nicely illuminate off the lights lol,could be waiting a while.

Edited by sundog
  • Like 1

Posted
55 minutes ago, Pomeroysnow said:

Get your outside jobs done this morning folks, tonight and tomorrow are going to be a washout 

We thankfully got about 5 cubes of logs cut last weekend and stacked outside of house.

Looking wet and windy this weekend, log burner will be glowing and wine will be flowing.

• Like 1

Posted

Red warning Rainfall for Donegal,Connacht,Clare,Kerry. Orange Warning-Wind Warning for Donegal, Galway, Leitrim, Mayo, Sligo and Clare gusts of 120km/h. I'd guess the met office will go with an Amber Rain warning for western areas of NI 

• Like 2

Posted

Well I measured 33 mm rain yesterday in a 12 hour period. I guess we'll have something similar over the next 2 days, so I'd imagine there will be rivers bursting the banks by Sunday! Very exciting weather!

Posted

Winds are starting to pick up here in comparsion with an hour or so ago.

Warnings have been extended from MetO but MetE have upgraded to red as bomber's post above.

Posted

Just off the golf course! Interesting conditions to say the least. Due to play 9 hole comp in the morn then in the pub rest of day I feel by the fire!  I think things are going to get quite interesting from late this avo to sun morn. Although we all love this sort of weather lets hope their are no serious problems to buildings or life in general! If not njoy the ride folks! 

Posted
4 hours ago, Neiller22 said:

Just off the golf course! Interesting conditions to say the least. Due to play 9 hole comp in the morn 

Good luck on that Par 5 into the wind !

Posted

Was brutal MS and that was this morn! God knows what it will be like in morn! Hit and hope will be the name of the game!