Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted

Windy up north to born but not much rain.

Surprised there wasn't a warning for wind up here as it's as strong as it has been during the other recent wind events. 

Looking wet throughout the week, especially the weekend coming

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Sitting in work tonight it sounded like there was some strong gusts but the window of the room I'm in is relatively sheltered so it's hard to tell. It's a nursing home which has 2 wings either side so it's kind of H shaped and I'm on the inside of the H near the middle there's lots of trees too which shelter us too. 

Posted

Wind really picking up here now. Some squally showers passing through too. Certainly interesting weather... 

The MOD thread will be a good place to go today to see how bad the NWP is, same oul face posting charts showing HLBs in 8+ days time... It's gas really! I haven't had lying snow since 2010, and I'm more desperate for it than most! Maybe it's the years of experience I have from coming here! :-)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
7 hours ago, Rocheydub said:

Wind really picking up here now. Some squally showers passing through too. Certainly interesting weather... 

The MOD thread will be a good place to go today to see how bad the NWP is, same oul face posting charts showing HLBs in 8+ days time... It's gas really! I haven't had lying snow since 2010, and I'm more desperate for it than most! Maybe it's the years of experience I have from coming here! :-)

yes rochy,take the gfs 12z run today. Now a couple of yrs ago it would have got me all excited etc but with experiance from looking at the models,i didnt get too bothered because i thought that it probably is going to be wrong. Then of course the underwhelming ecm came out which kinda proved my feeling.

• Like 2

Posted

Outlook for Thursday to Saturday:

Brighter Thursday but colder with showers, wintry on hills, westerly gales easing. Wintry showers Friday, drier, light winds later. Cold, dry start Saturday, then wet and windy, perhaps some snow

Updated at: 1512 on Tue 08 Dec 2015

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, Rocheydub said:

Tried to post earlier, but crashed half way through. So real quickly hello everyone on the Ireland regional thread. Model thread as one who has been reading it for 8 years, as ever far more predictable than the models themselves with the delivery of straw clutching posts. Once I knew the El Nino was going to be strong I gave up in the summer on the first half of winter other than to watch for storms, high mean temps and floods. It hasn't failed to deliver. Like the chance of SSW later along the lines of the netweather winter forecast but will not worry about it maniacally. Only one frost so far this season, amazingly mild.

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Downburst said:

Tried to post earlier, but crashed half way through. So real quickly hello everyone on the Ireland regional thread. Model thread as one who has been reading it for 8 years, as ever far more predictable than the models themselves with the delivery of straw clutching posts. Once I knew the El Nino was going to be strong I gave up in the summer on the first half of winter other than to watch for storms, high mean temps and floods. It hasn't failed to deliver. Like the chance of SSW later along the lines of the netweather winter forecast but will not worry about it maniacally. Only one frost so far this season, amazingly mild.

Me and you both brother. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Another wet and windy night out there I hope the constant Atlantic weather stops again soon. 

Posted

Looking at Saturday as the most worrying day for rain. The models have the warm front straddling the south of the country, slow moving. The good news is because the front is to the south the main feeders up stream on the Shannon might miss a major top up. Rain falling on Limerick etc. is not as bad of course downstream. Then as the main Low comes in Sunday the Warm front is shifted quickly north for a further dumping, but moves quickly. things might change 50 miles either way and make a big difference, we shall see but I just hope it works out for all effected in the flood plains.

FAX on Sat showing long Warm Front. Sits round for about 6 hours of heavy rain, next day pushed more quickly north as the associated developing Low and Cold front catch up and push it along, hopefully quickly.

20151208.2244.PPVM89.png

20151208.2248.PPVO89.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Just drove to Belfast. We had heavy snow at 4.30pm which continued all the way through Pomeroy. Turned to rain before dungannon. 

• Like 2

Posted

Had heavy snow here for about 5 minutes then turned sleety and now rain. 

Unexpected but always welcome. 

Must have been that thing where the heaviness of the rain cools the air around it turning it to snow.

• Like 2

Posted

Well that was some snow shower. Left Dungannon with rain an ended up on a crawl on the ballymacilroy hill headin to omagh with the largest snow flakes i have ever seen. Its a start i suppose.

• Like 2

Posted

Nice one lads. Great to see. It rained here :-(

Serious issues for the flooded parts (just saw the RTE news at 9 there with reports from around Athlone, dreadful flood damage) going by the NWP, the rain predicted for Friday/Saturday is worryingly heavy looking. Any defences that were holding, could break! Poor folk.

• Like 3