Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted

My drive today took me from Ballyclare to Coleraine to Dervocl to Cushendall to Ballymoney and then back to Ballyclare.

Had Sleet all the way from Ballymoney. But then it turned to snow as I left Ballymena.

I drove over the colin hill to get to Ballyclare and the snow got thicker and thicker. The lady driving infront just slowed down and stopped on the hill. I overtook her and then felt guilty so I pulled into a layby on up the road and ran dow to her. I offered to drive her car to the layby and then run her home in my car which has 4WD.

While we had this conversation a car coming the other way drove into the car in front and then shot across and hit a car going up the hill. All very low impact stuff. Couldn't get her car going at all so i turned it and got it down to a lane and we left it there. We walked up the hill to my car and it turns out she lives round the corner. Im picking her up in the morining and taking her to her car.

Really unexpected and big flakes. Very welcomed.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

On way back from Belfast and snow was skimpy through dungannon. On the far side it got much heavier. This is my car and surrounding area.

IMAG1922.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

It's frustrating watching the radar and seeing snow in Donegal turning sleet when it hits Derry and dying out before it gets to me :p

Posted
8 hours ago, Baltic Regions said:

My drive today took me from Ballyclare to Coleraine to Dervocl to Cushendall to Ballymoney and then back to Ballyclare.

Had Sleet all the way from Ballymoney. But then it turned to snow as I left Ballymena.

I drove over the colin hill to get to Ballyclare and the snow got thicker and thicker. The lady driving infront just slowed down and stopped on the hill. I overtook her and then felt guilty so I pulled into a layby on up the road and ran dow to her. I offered to drive her car to the layby and then run her home in my car which has 4WD.

While we had this conversation a car coming the other way drove into the car in front and then shot across and hit a car going up the hill. All very low impact stuff. Couldn't get her car going at all so i turned it and got it down to a lane and we left it there. We walked up the hill to my car and it turns out she lives round the corner. Im picking her up in the morining and taking her to her car.

Really unexpected and big flakes. Very welcomed.

Good man Baltic, always good to help others out.  Looking rather icy this morning although it sounds like rain hitting my window right now.  Agree about the size of the snowflakes yesterday, absolutely massive!!  Even better the snow was high quality snowball stuff and I dare say for building snowmen.  More of the same please 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Just cold rain here yesterday! Plenty more rain for the weekend too.

Got some exams in Fermoy on Sunday, so I hope the flooding ain't too bad

Posted

Every day i have a nosey in the model thread hoping for some changes in the outputs but with each day they churn out something different and not what i want to be seeing! The 12z GFS today now showing temps in the teens!! Definitely not what we want to be seeing at this time of year!! There is no consistency or trends in the outputs at all!! Just boring! Lol. 

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

yes its been pretty depressing so far this month and not much hope in sight for now . surely things will improve in time,i hope!!

Today was the coldest day ive recorded so far this month which i know isnt saying much. It was a nice bright dry day,max temp 6.3c, currently 3.0c.

• Like 1

Posted

I cycled to work this morning in my cycling shorts. Silly, silly me. stained glass windowin freezing! Took me hours to warm back up again!!! Serious danger for the SW tomorrow with the rain in the 50mm + range on already saturated water tables... God help them! Maybe a bit of lamp-post watching tonight?? As the first clouds come in, it may fall as sleet or snow!

• Like 1

Posted

Whoa, that band of precipitation is much higher than forecast. Snow pelting down here, that's three snow days in the last week and a half!

IMAG1922.jpg

IMAG1923.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Only cold heavey rain here 2.5 degrees I don't think I'm ever going to see lying snow until January. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Temperature dropping quite quickly there its now 2.1 that's only on a few minutes. 

Posted

A few more snaps now that it is more light out...

IMAG1925.jpg

IMAG1924.jpg

• Like 3