Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Current Cold Spell: snow where, snow when - how much?

Posted

Snowing here at the moment ...a few cm's...better than nothing!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Kimbrace now reporting -10C.

Have to imagine that somewhere like Shap with snow on the ground will plummet once the clear sky arrives.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

A lovely 7cm here, unexpected as didn't see it reaching so far east! And it's still snowing lightly :) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.

arpegeuk-1-57-0.png?17-00

A bona-fide Channel Low develops on the ARPEGE 18z and keeps the hope alive for CS England... but with the snow falling in the early hours of Tuesday. Basically, greater LP development along the frontal boundary causes a greater degree of stalling to the N. of it. Note the snow persisting across central parts.

It really would be victory from the jaws of defeat... but after today's debacle with such a big shift east in the reality compared to the actual, I'm wary of taking this with anything less than a bucket-full of salt.

Spitting with rain here now, the occasional flake in there but whatever. The ground seems to be a bit slippery but not totally frozen.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

569adec05be15_2016-01-16013.thumb.JPG.f9569aded86033d_2016-01-16003.thumb.JPG.ee

Posted

A few pics of my morning dog walk in Gods own county !!..didn't expect the 5cm's or so we got last night!!...even a frozen pond on the last one...it's almost like ......Winter!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Lovely morning, the dogs enjoyed their snowy walk this morning, not much snow but makes a nice change and much more like mid winter should be. 

snow16.thumb.JPG.9baa557c5455092e2dec4a9snow18.thumb.JPG.ce8626e890d723ffd884e60

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
3 minutes ago, *Sub*Zero* said:

Lovely morning, the dogs enjoyed their snowy walk this morning, not much snow but makes a nice change and much more like mid winter should be. 

snow16.thumb.JPG.9baa557c5455092e2dec4a9snow18.thumb.JPG.ce8626e890d723ffd884e60

Totally agree,lovely walk this morning,stunning views over the snow fields,how anybody can't enjoy this weather is beyond me!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
42 minutes ago, IanR said:

saw no rain here 

It rained for about 1/2 hr then went back to snow , had about 2 inches of lying snow in all

Posted

Cr@p cool snap down here.

2 frosts. Not a whiff of snow and now damp & drizzly.

Poor winter - certainly up there with early/mid 70s and late 90s/noughties.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Countryfile forecast going for a return to milder conditions right across country by end of week.

Forecast was by Jay Wynne who's mild ramper though. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, Bradowl said:

Countryfile forecast going for a return to milder conditions right across country by end of week.

Forecast was by Jay Wynne who's mild ramper though. :D

Jay Wynne would get on my nerves then

• Like 2

Posted

I thought it was just me who noted a glint in his eyes when he was pushing double digits by the end of the week with zero chance of a snowy breakdown.  He may and probably will be right but no need to look chuffed about it.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

I thought it was just me who noted a glint in his eyes when he was pushing double digits by the end of the week with zero chance of a snowy breakdown.  He may and probably will be right but no need to look chuffed about it.

I know seems like a right angel delight

Posted

It's almost as if he doesn't want people to die from cold and ice. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
1 hour ago, March said:

I can see you being a popular one on here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)
9 hours ago, March said:

I don't think anyone wants people to die! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
21 hours ago, March said:

Another moraliser.:nonono:  Given that people were being flooded out of their homes and businesses over large parts of the north of England a month or so ago, I don't think this is an appropriate time to lecture cold enthusiasts regarding their preferences.  People die in heatwaves, storms and floods as well as cold conditions, so what should our response be?  Ought we want 14C and drizzle 365 days a year, every year?  Pretty uninteresting, if you ask me, and I doubt many people would take an interest in meteorology were the climate that monotonous.

Back O/T - still chilly here, but lovely bright, sunny weather by day.  I don't mind if it goes mild from late this week and remains that way into spring, though I wouldn't want it if it meant the north west being inundated with flood water again.  For my region, it appears that freezing fog may be a problem on Wednesday morning, which will need to be monitored.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

BBC News long-range forecast hinting at weather could be coming from the east next week and also this milder weather forecast for end of this week might not even reach eastern areas. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Level 3 cold weather alert extended to Friday

Current alert level: Level 3 - Cold Weather Action

Issued at: 0840 on Tue 19 Jan 2016

There is a 99% probability of severe cold weather between 1200 on Tuesday 19 Jan and 1200 on Friday 22 Jan in parts of England. This weather could increase the health risks to vulnerable patients and disrupt the delivery of services. Please refer to the national Cold Weather Plan and your Trust's emergency plan for appropriate preventive action.

Cold, dry and settled conditions are likely to see out the working week, with a transition to more unsettled and less cold conditions currently expected to arrive from the west through Friday. Widespread frosts, locally severe, will occur Tuesday and Wednesday nights, with frost more likely to become confined to eastern areas during Thursday night. Freezing fog patches are likely to form overnight, especially Tuesday and Wednesday nights. During the day on Wednesday and Thursday some patches of freezing fog are likely to persist, and where this occurs temperatures may remain below freezing all day locally.

An update will be issued when the alert level changes in any region. Alerts are issued once a day by 0900 if required and are not subject to amendment in between standard issue times. Note that the details of the forecast weather are valid at the time of issue but may change over the period that an alert remains in force. These details will not be updated here unless the alert level also changes, the latest forecast details can be obtained at the following link: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/#?tab=map

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/cold-weather-alert/#?tab=coldWeatherAlert

Edited by Summer Sun