Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 2nd February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Could be some gusts over 70mph in places I would think, damaging winds.

Was very windy yesterday, blew my cast Iron patio chairs over, windy now with rain too. Fed up with this wind every day.

Edited by snowray
  • Like 1

Posted

Due to the severe weather conditions forecast for today and Monday February 8th, speed restrictions will be in operation on some routes from 21:00 today until 03:00, and from 11:00 on Monday 8 February as a safety precaution.

Trains running after 21:00 this evening South of Three Bridges may be subject to delay.

We plan to run our Monday morning service as advertised, however passengers are advised that disruption is highly likely and to check their journey before travelling.

Passengers are being advised to expect delays and disruption as forecasters are predicting winds in excess of 70mph across the South Coast on Monday.

With the strength of the winds expected, railway infrastructure could be damaged as severe winds can blow debris and trees onto tracks and damage equipment and signals.

For more information on how high winds affect the railway please visit: http://www.networkrail.co.uk/timetables-and-travel/delays-explained/high-winds/

http://www.southernrailway.com/

Posted

I'm getting sick of the wind now. Woke up this morning to find the fence down in places. So first job of the day was to sort that out as the 'Cooler King'(profile pic) would've done what he's good at. Now the fence is down again and I've got a feeling the rest of it will be gone in the morning. Not looking forward to work tomorrow as I'll be out in it from 9-2, the joys of being a postie!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
9 minutes ago, k66yla said:

I'm getting sick of the wind now. Woke up this morning to find the fence down in places. So first job of the day was to sort that out as the 'Cooler King'(profile pic) would've done what he's good at. Now the fence is down again and I've got a feeling the rest of it will be gone in the morning. Not looking forward to work tomorrow as I'll be out in it from 9-2, the joys of being a postie!

I'm with you, pointless weather & completely irritating- up there with pointless mild rain. 

19 minutes ago, snowray said:

Could be some gusts over 70mph in places I would think, damaging winds.

Was very windy yesterday, blew my cast Iron patio chairs over, windy now with rain too. Fed up with this wind every day.

Mainly over southern coastal counties. Areas north of London and Bristol can expect just a very windy day (fingers crossed) with only minor issues ie.. Twigs/branches/recycle bin lids being disturbed! 

SW England could see a few trees down. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, high winds, thunder, snow
8 minutes ago, k66yla said:

I 'm getting sick of the wind now. Woke up this mtimeng to find the fence down in  places. So first job of the day was to sort that out as the 'Cooler King'(profile pic) would've done what he's good at. Now the fence is down again and I've got a feeling the rest of it will be gone in the morning. Not looking forward to work tomorrow as I'll be out in it from 9-2, the joys of being a postie!

I'm a street sweeper and I'll be outside in it from 7 till 3 so know how you feel, I'll be wasting my time trying to keep the roads clean tomorrow aswell with things getting blown about all over the shop lol.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

well i have a yellow warning for wind, so at least its something, really blowing out there, and raining again,didnt get much sleep last night due to my tv aerial rattling looks like the same tonight :wallbash:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Think it's silly giving storms names, can't they just say, 'there is a storm coming'. Do they actually hold a meeting until they agree on the name:cc_confused: Any ideas what the next one will be called? If they get to S, i think they should call it 'Stormy.':reindeer-emoji: Breezy here but nothing bad, 8.8c, raining too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Hubs got blown away taking the BIN out.:reindeer-emoji:

maybe my neighbours bin will do the same:ninja:.

Cosy on the sofa shuggled under a frozen blanket watching telly. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Think it's silly giving storms names, can't they just say, 'there is a storm coming'. Do they actually hold a meeting until they agree on the name:cc_confused: Any ideas what the next one will be called? If they get to S, i think they should call it 'Stormy.':reindeer-emoji: Breezy here but nothing bad, 8.8c, raining too.

silly yeah, is it true they go, female then male then female then male, so my guess next one is Josh/Joshua

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
  1. 6 hours ago, Daniel* said:
    •  
    • 1 hour ago, tinybill said:
      •  

Apologies to all needed to post this to try and clear a problem I am having. When posting it's showing my last posts and quoting people from hours ago, therefore, please don't read as content is history!!! Let's hope this sorts the problem out!?   Any one else had this issue?  

Posted
5 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I wonder how much it costs too choose a name for the storm,? i bet they all go out for lunch and then sit around a big table in their suits and have a brain storming session, graphs,and all, then they all debate, and come up with a name that cant upset anybody :crazy:

• Like 2

Posted

Imogen shaping up nicely! You can clearly see the rash of showers (potentially thundery) ahead of the main storm system. Certainly going to be an interesting 24 hrs if you like this kind of event or not!? Take care tomorrow whilst travelling to and from work and especially those that will be working outside......well trying to!

2016-02-07 20.35.33.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

@Snoopie42 Believe it or not, it's a feature. It is to save any posts you've started writing or quoted in the past and then not sent, and then gone to another page.

To delete the quotes (using FH as an example for the pic) click where I'm showing you with the red line, then press the delete key. :)

56b7b11861c9f_2016-02-07(2).thumb.png.03

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Here's the MetO page for the storm naming. AFAIK, it's basically an experiment to see if people pay more attention to the potential impact of storms. The names were selected by the public and have been pre-chosen.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/mobile/news/article/news/releases/archive/2015/Name-our-storms-list

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

I'm just hoping we get a few flakes next week, maybe a covering, it would make a change to see a frost too. Then an early Spring with the Azores high moving in late Feb.

I tell you its very blowy here right now.

Posted

Not really windy here at all - nothing like what some people are reporting (hubs getting blown away) etc, mind you - I live in a victorian House surrounded by others with solid walls so unless i stick my head outside like some nutcase I don't notice any wind here. 

Hoping the wind gusts peak at 50-60mph and not higher for my neck of woods in the morning, confirmed by BBC and MET. (Strongest for south coast) 

Dont fancy replacing another fence panel. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

@Snoopie42 Believe it or not, it's a feature. It is to save any posts you've started writing or quoted in the past and then not sent, and then gone to another page.

To delete the quotes (using FH as an example for the pic) click where I'm showing you with the red line, then press the delete key. :)

56b7b11861c9f_2016-02-07(2).thumb.png.03

Thank you for the second time today! Makes sense now! Have been  :wallbash:!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Um Ben, im a nutcase then as i just did that :crazy: :laugh:

Posted
4 minutes ago, Jo S said:

Um Ben, im a nutcase then as i just did that :crazy: :laugh:

Oh jo... You nutter - lol

but why not, if this kind of weather floats your boat then go for it. A strong gust of wind does nothing for me I'm afraid, if it were Snow then my head would be outside like a nutcase.. Haha 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Highest gust so far here 64mph. Tomorrows wind is supposed to be stronger, not really looking forward to it.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Oh jo... You nutter - lol

but why not, if this kind of weather floats your boat then go for it. A strong gust of wind does nothing for me I'm afraid, if it were Snow then my head would be outside like a nutcase.. Haha 

I bet a lot of people have done that tonight, but wont admit it, here i go, my name is Jo and i stick my head out of the back door to see how windy it is, thank you, i shall sit down now :p

• Like 1