Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.
4 hours ago, reef said:

The humidity is certainly high at the moment. We're at 25.3C with a dewpoint of 19.1C. Its a bit uncomfortable for me but at least we're forecast some thunderstorms later so it'll be worth it.

Erm, not sure where you're getting thunderstorms for later on from?

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
10 minutes ago, Evening thunder said:

Yes I thought that. They use it in Canada, for example the low 30's apparently felt closer to 40 when I was there.
It almost always seems higher than the temperature too so it's as if it considers 0% or unusually low humidity as 'normal'.

It's reached 26.2C here today (not bad for near the coast with a sea breeze), but the humidex said it felt like 33C earlier, It didn't...

Using NOAA's heat index formula, we would have had a heat index of 28.3C (actual temperature 27.2C).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Heatwave alert issued by the met office

Current watch level: Level 2 - Alert and Readiness

Issued at: 0842 on Mon 18 Jul 2016

There is a 80 % probability of heatwave conditions between 1200 on Monday and 1800 on Thursday in parts of England.

There is a 60% chance of the trigger criteria bring met from today across the East Midlands, but the criteria are likely to be met more widely from tomorrow and through Wednesday.

An update will be issued when the alert level changes in any region. Alerts are issued once a day by 0900 if required and are not subject to amendment in between standard issue times. Note that the details of the forecast weather are valid at the time of issue but may change over the period that an alert remains in force. These details will not be updated here unless the alert level also changes, the latest forecast details can be obtained at the following link: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/#?tab=map

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/heat-health/#?tab=heatHealth

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
16 minutes ago, cheese said:

I don't know anyone with air-con - and I have friends all over the country!

Couldn't live without it now,so much more easier for sleeping,expensive yes but worth it i feel. And after spending nearly 4hrs in a dental decom room that showed 41c and 100% humidity believe you me getting home to a cool bedroom is a must!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
10 minutes ago, William Grimsley said:

Erm, not sure where you're getting thunderstorms for later on from?

Actually showers are forecast across northern England during the late afternoon, in fact I can see the clouds bubbling up to the north of here at the moment.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Blue skies, light winds and 28C currently, wonderful. 6 more weeks of this please!

Then i would enter hell. 

• Like 4

Posted
4 minutes ago, markyo said:

Couldn't live without it now,so much more easier for sleeping,expensive yes but worth it i feel. And after spending nearly 4hrs in a dental decom room that showed 41c and 100% humidity believe you me getting home to a cool bedroom is a must!

41C with 100% humidity? Are such conditions possible?

Edited by cheese

Posted

I work with autoclaves,they sterilise the dental tools with steam,was in a larger site today which had 5 units in a room with no real vents or windows,could only stay in for about 20mins at a time,temp showing was 41c,water was dripping off the walls. Not very nice i can assure you. Agree my conditions are unusual,thats my reason for the dislike of this weather and the old aircon. Hope you enjoy it though,bout time you got your type of setup.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

been monitoring horrible Sunday washout, 4th run on the bounce now to show it, I know the drill by now, dry Sat night, Wet Sunday, dry Sunday night

ukprec.png

Posted
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Blue skies, light winds and 28C currently, wonderful. 6 more weeks of this please!

try 2 more days :D

on the plus side though, you can probably literally "embrace" the heat by going outside and wrapping your arms around the humid air

i might petition HR tomorrow for Spanish-style Siestas for when the heat is over 26'c

a nice cool, dewy Summer's morning on the cards Saturday, perfect for golf

Edited by NickMdx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
4 hours ago, cheese said:

To be honest Karl, this is going to be one to forget locally. I'm looking outside now and I can only see a few glimpses of blue sky. Tomorrow looks sunny and hot but that's honestly it for here. 31C seems odds on but I'm afraid one hot day doesn't make a heatwave. 

Just slightly disappointed. Was expecting today to be sunny as per the forecast, but I've been proven wrong. Yesterday was much better.

Agreed, I thought today was supposed to be a hot and sunny 27c, weather maps showed clear blue skies, they are clueless.

Posted
9 minutes ago, Karl. said:

Agreed, I thought today was supposed to be a hot and sunny 27c, weather maps showed clear blue skies, they are clueless.

Did reach 27C in the end, but sunny it wasn't. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
3 minutes ago, cheese said:

Did reach 27C in the end, but sunny it wasn't. 

Yep, better luck tomorrow..sunny 31/32c:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
2 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

We've done it!!

30.0C recorded at Kew Gardens and St James's Park

So the models have undercooked it by about 3c or so today. And the latest Euro4 has some 33c gridpoints in the S Midlands for tomorrow...

• Like 4

Posted
10 minutes ago, Nick L said:

So the models have undercooked it by about 3c or so today. And the latest Euro4 has some 33c gridpoints in the S Midlands for tomorrow...

Yeah, looks like the models undercooked values nationwide today. GFS still showing 29C as a max temp for London tomorrow - what is it smoking?

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
1 minute ago, cheese said:

Yeah, looks like the models undercooked values nationwide today. GFS still showing 29C as a max temp for London tomorrow - what is it smoking?

Models are notoriously bad at predicting high temps in hot weather. Here is a rundown of what's being shown:

GFS 29c
ECM 30c
GEM 33c
Euro4 33c
HIRLAM 32c

I'd be surprised if somewhere doesn't reach 35c, in a line from NW London up to around Birmingham...like here, annoyingly. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

I can't help but think 40c will be reached sooner rather than later if we can get the mid 30's from a 2 day heatwave imagine what we could get if it hung around for 3 or 4 days

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Looks like a few CET minimum records could be set in the next few days.

The all time record high CET minimum is 18.8C (set July 29th, 1948 and August 11th, 1998). The record high daily minima for the 19th and 20th are 17.6C and 17.7C respectively, while the GFS is going for 17.4C and 19C. So a real chance at 2 daily records and, amazingly, the all time record high CET minimum.

Edited by BornFromTheVoid
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, BornFromTheVoid said:

Looks like a few CET minimum records could be set in the next few days.

The all time record high CET minimum is 18.8C. The record high daily minima for the 19th and 20th are 17.6C and 17.7C respectively, while the GFS is going for 17.4C and 19C. So a real chance at 2 daily records and, amazingly, the all time record high CET minimum.

Seems like our heatwaves in the UK are becoming shorter but more intense.. this could be the 2nd year in a row we've broken heat-related records.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Beutiful Summers evening here sat out in the garden with a cold Beer watching the views and hot air balloon passing overhead while there's a nice sweet smell of freshly ted hay from the field next door..

20160718_195613.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Dublin 24C at 8pm too

Cork 17C...

Posted
10 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

8pm temps

London and Luton 28C

Cardiff 27C