Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
Just now, northwestsnow said:

BBc app now going for 32deg in manchester at 6pm, wonder what the record is for manchester? Perhaps 33/34?

Quick internet search suggests the July record is 32.2c, all time record 33.7c.

Posted
Just now, Nick L said:

Thanks Nick, its going to be there or thereabout for the july record then, ive had to come in for half an hour its frying lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
31 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Although Leeds can often be warmer than Manchester i'd have thought that since SE spells deliver both of our greatest heat that their record maxima would be higher than ours. 

Record in Leeds is 34C. 

Posted

Not sure the GFS is right with showers breaking out come evening but the main breakdown is now approaching the south west. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The met office are now forecasting an overnight 'low' of 24c in the London area so potentially a record breaking night

23.3c is the temp to beat for the July record

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 2

Posted

Cloud is moving closer to the far south west of England and Ireland

98444245.png

On the trains speed restrictions are in place at London Paddington due to the heat until 22:00 tonight

Posted
6 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

The met office are now forecasting an overnight 'low' of 24c in the London area so potentially a record breaking night

23.3c is the temp to beat

The record is 23.9c, presuming you mean nationwide:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/climate-extremes/#?tab=climateExtremes

Edited by Nick L

Posted
Just now, Nick L said:

The record is 23.9c, presuming you mean nationwide:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/climate-extremes/#?tab=climateExtremes

I meant the July record (edited in) but the all time one may well go going by what they are now forecasting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

So close to breaching 33C here, so it's actually hotter here this time than 30th June / 01st July last year. Not far off beating 2013's maximum either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

33c being reported at Gloucester Airport at 2pm....couple more hours of heating left before we top out!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Good job I parked my car in a back street in London,the strange noises I was making when I got back to it and maxed the aircon may have attracted attention!! It is vile out there just no air and so humid

• Like 4

Posted
9 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

33c being reported at Gloucester Airport at 2pm....couple more hours of heating left before we top out

Touch and go whether the max will be 34 or 35C. Certainly no let up from the source - 30C and still rising here, just a few miles from the coast

Posted

Just a warning while those of us are enjoying today's superb conditions, do not read Tamara's post in the Mod thread if seasonal weather for the rest of the summer is what you're after.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A duff August.... What a novel concept :rofl:

Oh well today has been fantastic and tomorrow looks pretty hot at least for here and it looks like temperatures will hold up in the mid twenties to end the week and over the weekend so not too bad a spell at all. In fact the transition to a more trough based set up could take until the middle of next week in the south.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
23 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Just a warning while those of us are enjoying today's superb conditions, do not read Tamara's post in the Mod thread if seasonal weather for the rest of the summer is what you're after.

Though it is important to remember that, like everyone, she has been off the mark before - and no doubt will be again. It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings.

(not me saying she will be wrong, more that I'm hoping she will, because all we have is hope.. lol)

Edited by cheese
  • Like 3

Posted

Doesn't look like the Met's 34-35C will come to fruition unless temps start increasing again. Doesn't appear to be any momentum right now. Not sure why the temperatures have seemingly leveled off when there's only a light SE wind and full sunshine.

Posted
4 minutes ago, cheese said:

Though it is important to remember that, like everyone, she has been off the mark before - and no doubt will be again. It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings.

Yeah true, I just think it's going to be difficult to achieve lengthy settled spells - an element of luck will be needed. I suppose we shouldn't be surprised given how modern Augusts seem to be going, it's just rather disappointing to hear.

Posted

Tamara's post is music to my ears...or eyes?

Had a text off my mum asking "how long is the vile weather here for?". Feeling utterly drained and I've done nothing all day.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Yeah true, I just think it's going to be difficult to achieve lengthy settled spells - an element of luck will be needed. I suppose we shouldn't be surprised given how modern Augusts seem to be going, it's just rather disappointing to hear.

If the rest of the summer was average, that'd be nice. The prospect of an unsettled August does not excite me at all, and I think we've had enough of those recently. I sincerely hope August will pull a hat trick and turn out to be the best month of summer (like it was in 2009 and 2012), but I guess we'll see.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Mount dillon ,county Roscommon was at 30c at 3pm,its been a long while I think since anywhere in Ireland recorded temps in the 30s but it's been done today.