Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
7 hours ago, Stargazer said:

I was also in Shanghai in 2009, and remember that night - we arrived around 10pm and the temperature was still 33C.  We were unlucky with the eclipse where we were - thunderstorms leading up to totality and the clouds didn't break until afterwards.

Don't remind me. Sunny for nine days beforehand but lashing it down on the day itself. I was not impressed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
1 minute ago, AderynCoch said:

Don't remind me. Sunny for nine days beforehand but lashing it down on the day itself. I was not impressed!

I'm going out for the eclipse in the US next year. Should be a decent shout of somewhere being clear as it's coast-to-coast :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

Yes we're thinking of the States next year. Quite fancy Wyoming but need to look at how accessible the eclipse track is there. The last total eclipse I saw was a relatively easy one, on the beach near Antalya in Turkey in 2006. About time I saw another!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

image.jpeg

So funny,got back to God's own county just now,nice fresh 25c,no idea at all why you southerns bang on about the heat,it truly is awful for working in,yes beach,pool great,work no no no. Your a strange lot......in my opinion.

• Like 3

Posted
4 hours ago, cheese said:

Overnight low was 18.6C. Today, 26C and cloudy. 

Overnight here was 20.2c low,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
29 minutes ago, markyo said:

So funny,got back to God's own county just now,nice fresh 25c,no idea at all why you southerns bang on about the heat,it truly is awful for working in,yes beach,pool great,work no no no. Your a strange lot......in my opinion.

Most people I know have enjoyed the weather over the past 2-3 days. 

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, cheese said:

Nobody i work with including those based in yorkshire has enjoyed it,been very tough especially down where i have been,everbody has been complaining. Just to hot and humid,makes life so much harder. Not heard one person say they think its wonderful  and i've just done my 11th call out down in the south east since monday,totally shattered today. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Overnight min here was 19.8C with today a bit fresher.  Plenty of towering cumulus all around earlier on while now it's 8/8 with what looks like Cu.

Posted

Another very warm day here today with a max temp of 28.4C. Looking forward to tomorrow now as I just can't get the house cooled down in this weather (28.1C at the moment) and the thunderstorm chance looks like a bust again!

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, reef said:

Another very warm day here today with a max temp of 28.4C. Looking forward to tomorrow now as I just can't get the house cooled down in this weather (28.1C at the moment) and the thunderstorm chance looks like a bust again!

I think that's my biggest gripe with this kind of weather, you just can't get rid of the trapped heat. Just staying out of my bedroom with the window and door open as long as possible to try and get it cool. Thankfully I don't need to have an early night tonight.

• Like 2

Posted

Shocking night last night sleep wise,had to reach for the aircon remote 3 times to turn it down,just got a tad to cold,had to snuggle down further under the duvet....can feel the abuse(very justified) already coming. Don't worry i'll get my just reward when the lecy bill comes,severs me right for trying to be a smug weeble! Hopefully a better night to come for all.

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, markyo said:

Shocking night last night sleep wise,had to reach for the aircon remote 3 times to turn it down,just got a tad to cold,had to snuggle down further under the duvet....can feel the abuse(very justified) already coming. Don't worry i'll get my just reward when the lecy bill comes,severs me right for trying to be a smug weeble! Hopefully a better night to come for all.

:diablo:

Posted

31c yesterday at 4.00pm. Today it was only 19c at the same time.

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
1 hour ago, cheese said:

I've literally met no-one who has said they've enjoyed it, are all your friends lizards?

Walking around yesterday lunchtime the heat was absolutely fierce down here in that London - stifling

The weekend is looking much more sensible!

• Like 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, NickMdx said:

I've literally met no-one who has said they've enjoyed it, are all your friends lizards?

Walking around yesterday lunchtime the heat was absolutely fierce down here in that London - stifling

The weekend is looking much more sensible!

Exactly! What exactly is wrong with 23-25c? Why does it have to be 33-35c? There's nothing you can do at 33c that you can't at 25c, other than be more uncomfortable.

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Beeb saying the humidity could start to increase again by Sunday

The humidity can't possibly increase from this! It was 28.4C with a dewpoint of 21.3C at 13:05 today. Looking back at my records I can't find another dewpoint reading above 21.0C, so its certainly unusual.

I'm so glad I'm not on nights this week, I don't think I would have slept at all!

• Like 1