Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Rain is actually much lower than I thought, we're under 20mm for the month. 

Went to Sainsbury's today, pretty much everyone still in their summer attire, t shirts, shorts, dresses etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A reasonably pleasant day here with a high of 25C. Too much cloud though; missing the azure blue skies of the previous few days already. Though just watched the BBC weather and the SE looks like staying very warm for a few more days yet, with temps up to 28/29C. Lovely.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Very close night again,uncomfortable. Been reading some recent posts and find it very interesting how differently we feel the weather,one persons like is anothers dislike and ability to understand that eludes folk(i include myself in that). Some find 21c chilly,i can't fathom that at all,my chilly setting is 6c ish,cold below 3c. It's like we all have our stats set at different temps and our internal central heating kicks in at those temps,no two stats are set the same and i think we all find it hard to understand another persons perception of heat or cold due to this,we just can't help it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
6 hours ago, markyo said:

Very close night again,uncomfortable. Been reading some recent posts and find it very interesting how differently we feel the weather,one persons like is anothers dislike and ability to understand that eludes folk(i include myself in that). Some find 21c chilly,i can't fathom that at all,my chilly setting is 6c ish,cold below 3c. It's like we all have our stats set at different temps and our internal central heating kicks in at those temps,no two stats are set the same and i think we all find it hard to understand another persons perception of heat or cold due to this,we just can't help it.

6c is chilly or cold in winter, but in summer a 21c day usually means it's cloudy or raining. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
14 minutes ago, B87 said:

but in summer a 21c day usually means it's cloudy or raining. 

What on earth are you on?  I have had plenty of 19, 20 and 21's since June, and they haven't all been cloudy or wet.

I don't know why you bother coming on here, all you do is moan about everything.  If you don't like the climate where you are, move.

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, weatherguru14 said:

cant complain with the weather over the last few days.. plenty of sunshine even today  almost clear blue skies.. :clap:long may it continue!!

Its been lovely here pretty much all week too - not sure how long it will last but three cheers for summer :)

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

What on earth are you on?  I have had plenty of 19, 20 and 21's since June, and they haven't all been cloudy or wet.

I don't know why you bother coming on here, all you do is moan about everything.  If you don't like the climate where you are, move.

Your summer max is lower than ours.  19-21c here means unsettled, cloudy, wet.  I don't moan about everything.  I moaned about June and early July, as it was well below what I'd expect from this climate.  I would never moan about average temperatures combined with average sunshine (but that has been lacking in summer since 2007).

Edited by B87
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
13 minutes ago, B87 said:

Your summer max is lower than ours.  19-21c here means unsettled, cloudy, wet.  I don't moan about everything.  I moaned about June and early July, as it was well below what I'd expect from this climate.  I would never moan about average temperatures combined with average sunshine (but that has been lacking in summer since 2007).

Agree. I'll quite happily sing summer praises to the rooftops when it's actually summer-like and not a horror version of 50 shades of grey! Like today, started off quite nicely but infill has completely covered the sky in another gloomy grey blanket. And people moan about a few days of warmth. At least the sun was out and there were beautiful blue skies. Lifted my spirits no end, rather than this cloud that just sucks any joy out of you. Thankfully I'm lucky enough to be going to Spain on Sunday. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well, despite all the whining, this has been the best thunderstorm season since the Cretaceous Period.:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
39 minutes ago, B87 said:

The sooner you realise that what you expect from this climate, and what you actually get are going to be very different, the better.

Every reply I see from you, reminds me of this:

l219520886.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

The sooner you realise that what you expect from this climate, and what you actually get are going to be very different, the better.

Every reply I see from you, reminds me of this:

l219520886.jpg

I don't expect that much though, just average conditions, which shouldn't be too difficult to come by considering they are normals.

• Like 1

Posted

Looking at the satellite pics some parts of the UK are having some lovely spells of July sunshine, especially the south coast, wish I was still on the Isle of Wight! Cloud sat over the SE not really moving at all, very disappointing here.

Posted

What a vile day,way to humid under all the cloud,disgusting.

• Like 2

Posted
6 hours ago, B87 said:

6c is chilly or cold in winter, but in summer a 21c day usually means it's cloudy or raining. 

Why? very strange perspective in my opinion,21c is just perfect and where the cloud and rain comes from is strange,that temp in summer usually means a decent spell.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
1 hour ago, markyo said:

What a vile day,way to humid under all the cloud,disgusting.

Agreed. I'm remembering why i dislike warmer spells later in the summer. 

Bring on the Autumn i say. 

• Like 3

Posted
16 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Agreed. I'm remembering why i dislike warmer spells later in the summer. 

Bring on the Autumn i say. 

Very much so i'm afraid,everybody to there own agreed but why people enjoy this type of weather is beyond me,it's just so much harder to get anything done work wise and how people this week have sat out late at night and i quote " 

I don't want to go to bed, I'm sat in my garden in my pants and it's truly breathtaking out here. Wish it never had to end:( " Sorry that's just strange when the vast majority are finding it so hard to sleep.

Like this

• Like 4

Posted

Granted, this afternoon has been a bit cloudy here - but after a pretty dreadful start to this summer I can't help feeling things have started looking up generally here in the south.  Probably a wildly optimistic view (and of course far too early to say) - but could we possibly end up with the reverse of last summer, which started decently enough and steadily went downhill...?

Posted
40 minutes ago, Stargazer said:

Granted, this afternoon has been a bit cloudy here - but after a pretty dreadful start to this summer I can't help feeling things have started looking up generally here in the south.  Probably a wildly optimistic view (and of course far too early to say) - but could we possibly end up with the reverse of last summer, which started decently enough and steadily went downhill...?

Not if the models are to be believed. Troughing and a sinking jet, to me looks like loads of cloud and average-cool temps generally. Very frustrating! Hope output changes to something more summer-like and properly anticyclonic.

Posted

Does the UK have some kind of a magnet over it which attracts unseasonal weather? I know, it's not TOO bad in the south, but everywhere else it's pretty damn poor.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
3 hours ago, markyo said:

Very much so i'm afraid,everybody to there own agreed but why people enjoy this type of weather is beyond me,it's just so much harder to get anything done work wise and how people this week have sat out late at night and i quote " 

I don't want to go to bed, I'm sat in my garden in my pants and it's truly breathtaking out here. Wish it never had to end:( " Sorry that's just strange when the vast majority are finding it so hard to sleep.

Like this

QuoteHow many days a year do we have warm nights? Not many ,I for one am grateful for some warm weather and am certainly not complaining over a few warm nights when this spell ends we will only have another 357 days until the next wwarm night.Try sleeping downstairs or buy an a/c unit ,they are not that much for a small mobile unit .

• Like 1