Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

End of the week & weekend storm risk

Posted

Very disappointed I didn't go back home today, however looks as though the wmids, definitely around b'ham could get something exciting later this eve, good luck to all who are chasing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Afternoon:)

i can see cumulus clouds bubbling up to my S/SE,keeping my eye on that Northhampton storm as this will determine which direction i will be travelling in,staying put for the time being though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Active cell just slipping up to the East of Birmingham......no structure visible through the crud atm

Biding my time for the cells making their way up the spine of the country

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Cell just popped and intensified dramatically in the last 30mins to my south, looking to skim my west however

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Really kicking off m4 corridor way now south of here. My only concern is longevity and whether cells will make it here. Not a massive distance but is shear enough to avoid these being just pulse like storms? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

There's some beauties in there! I'd expect some intensification on one or two, as they head Northwest, particularly that one Southeast of Newport ..

2016-05-07 (1).png 2016-05-07.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

shower / storm pass just to my west and one or 2 to my se but the ones to my south look like missing me one small rumble so far cannot tell got headphones with deep space nne blaring through

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*
Just now, Mapantz said:

There's some beauties in there! I'd expect some intensification on one or two, as they head Northwest, particularly that one Southeast of Newport ..

2016-05-07 (1).png 2016-05-07.png

Peculiar as most of the rain above my location (Cardiff) is evaporating, completely dry here  

Posted
16 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

A nice batch of cells Oxford taking a beating 

image.png

Shows how local these storms are. I'm 12 miles from Oxford and had a short,sharp shower. Couple of miles north and it looks like all hell has broken loose! Sun is out again here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, humid & exciting

Got off the hill at the right time! Gusty winds now and thunder heard. New updraft right above me too looks cool 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm keeping an eye on a chance for some showers crossing the channel tonight, possibly affecting the South coast/Southwest. It's low risk but i'll keep an eye on the radar nonetheless.

• Like 1

Posted

Nice storm just passing to the South of here, a few strikes and plenty of thunder, seems loader than normal (maybe not heard it in an age that's why?) Very little rain, very large drops from time to time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

frustrating here...i'm 10 miles SW of swindon, and storms are developing pretty much overhead but only really kicking off when they pass the M4....one distant rumble heard, but that's it.....still, looking on the brightside, the bbq's looking dry now

• Like 1

Posted

Can hear occasional deep booms from that cell E of here currently.  Hoping some more cells build to the south and east.  

6 minutes ago, Costa Del Fal said:

Really kicking off m4 corridor way now south of here. My only concern is longevity and whether cells will make it here. Not a massive distance but is shear enough to avoid these being just pulse like storms? 

Slight increase to the flow past 500mb up to 300mb, but no real increase in the mid-levels to get storms to organise, as is evident on radar. What's happening is once one fully-fledged updraft (storm) gets going, lift is generated in its vicinity so you get new fresh updrafts surrounding the storm, giving the illusion that one cell is being sustained, when in reality you've got several updrafts competing with one another. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

potent looking cell just to the west of Wells, drifting north westwards...plenty of lightning strikes on that one

Posted
1 minute ago, ajpoolshark said:

frustrating here...i'm 10 miles SW of swindon, and storms are developing pretty much overhead but only really kicking off when they pass the M4....one distant rumble heard, but that's it.....still, looking on the brightside, the bbq's looking dry now

I am about 5 miles East of Cirencester, large storm seems to be South/South West of here, still flashing and banging away.  A wet end to Badminton today I suspect!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Storm cell south of Leicester is still producing and heading in the direction of Derby. I am hoping it does not die out just before it gets here. Storms from the NW normally get killed by the Pennines, I am hoping that a storm from the opposite direction stands more chance. Skies are a milky/grey colour here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Just had to ditch the bbq to avoid torrential downpour. Amazing radar returns. Game on.