Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread 25/5/16 onwards

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

Nice to see new storms firing, the Shrewsbury one I can see from here, huge towers going up.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well the cells that went up to the north of me have fizzled away. Going to horrible night to sleep in. Cell over chesterfield beginning to die as well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

wow!....what a storm!............never seen a storm like it!..............there was no thunder, no lightning, no rain and even NO cloud!....incredible huh?! :80:

well, skies finally cleared here in the past hour or so allowing some pleasant warm evening sunshine.....some nice Cb towers way off in the distance to my NE appearing above the haze, no doubt from those storms over Oxon......if they hold together after sundown with the aid of a bit of noturnal cooling may allow me to glimpse a distant flash or two....hope springs eternal! :)

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Well here in bedford i think we just had one of the best daytime storms i can remeber for many a year! Happy bunny right here :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

Hopefully if this activity holds until nightfall, then people may see lightning from many many miles away.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights
32 minutes ago, Mesoscale said:

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/ check this and see what the wind direction is, radars and Blitz dont necessarily give the best direction. 

Thats a really useful link, thank you for posting. Looking at those winds, if accurate, it appears I'm in with a chance of the maidstone, eastbourne and west brighton storms all making their way here, although I'm remaining cautiously optimistic they wont have dissipated by then, if they even make it!

Edited by Windblade

Posted
6 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Cells have popped up in the last half hour north of Stoke into south Cheshire.

I'm keeping an eye on those!

Posted

starting to look interesting her in lincs, I have been looking at the radar for a while and we have two areas of interest. The first is the system moving up from the south from the Peterborough area, and the second is a small feature that has popped up to the Nw of coningsby. just been out to water my plants in the green house and it does feel a tad oppressive out

Posted

This reminds me of the evening of 1st July last year when some spectacular storms formed here around 9-10pm with amazing lightning but not much rain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

It would appear that the Chichester cell has finally moved a few inches. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Darren Bown said:

This reminds me of the evening of 1st July last year when some spectacular storms formed here around 9-10pm with amazing lightning but not much rain.

no where  near as humid i think , as that memorable night,   just messy overcast here now , bit of modrate rain from the shower to the north,  16c fresh breeze,  not confident 

think those stoke showers will die or move north east

Edited by IanR

Posted
8 minutes ago, Lincs Observation said:

starting to look interesting her in lincs, I have been looking at the radar for a while and we have two areas of interest. The first is the system moving up from the south from the Peterborough area, and the second is a small feature that has popped up to the Nw of coningsby. just been out to water my plants in the green house and it does feel a tad oppressive out

Fingers crossed  for us 

Posted

Seems to be a lot forming on radar over Kent, am in the far east, but it's not apparent yet. Was clear 20 minutes ago, now clouding up a bit to the west. Saw a storm pass this afternoon, tracked N from Folkestone area over Canterbury, didn't rain at all here but they had flash flooding. Can just about hear distant rumbling as I type.

Posted
5 minutes ago, tomp456 said:

It would appear that the Chichester cell has finally moved a few inches. 

Yes I can hear it now! And there's another storm just to the left of Horsham.

Posted
1 minute ago, Stephanie Starr said:

Fingers crossed  for us 

sure should be, however i think with your location you need to look at the system moving up from P'Borough. hopefully you can give us further North in the county a heads up of what to expect.

LO