Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The sun is coming out here now, there is a lot of high level stuff but hopefully we should get some decent sunny spells today as well as the chance of some thundery downpours.

20 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

The sun is coming out here now, there is a lot of high level stuff but hopefully we should get some decent sunny spells today as well as the chance of some thundery downpours.

Indeed breaking up here too!

Good luck all those that want a storm looks okay today for something in fact, for the next week or so Sunny warm spells and thunderstorms looks the norm!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Looks like London into Surrey, Sussex and Kent will stay dry today - BBC also confirming this.

Praying showers do not make here as I have friends over later, sun breaking through here and feels warm and pleasant. 

Northern Home Counties especially Essex, Cambridgeshire could see some heavy showers developing this afternoon. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Another yuk day of stickiness, humidness, hope the wind gets up soon.

Sweaty morning on working outside.

Already almost 20c.

Edited by seaside 60

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well the forecast temperatures for today have near enough been surpassed across the whole region. Up to 20C here, cloud is beginning to bubble up now.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
Just now, Captain Shortwave said:

Well the forecast temperatures for today have near enough been surpassed across the whole region. Up to 21C here.

Yes a pleasant 22C here currently despite the large amounts of mid-high level grot floating about. I'm sure there was some thunder here last night with the rain, apparently there were some weather-related issues at Heathrow? 

Posted

Up to 21c here now, although it's cloudy. But it feels warm so can't complain!

Hoping those showers stay to the North and west of me. I don't sit in an office all week to then get rained on, on my day off, in the middle of June... Lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
49 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Up to 21c here now, although it's cloudy. But it feels warm so can't complain!

Hoping those showers stay to the North and west of me. I don't sit in an office all week to then get rained on, on my day off, in the middle of June... Lol 

You live in the UK!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Bright but overcast and muggy, quite frankly at this time of year I much prefer that to a cooler Atlantic flow with sunshine and showers!

Posted

Well loud clap of thunder just now, didnt see the lightning tho.

Posted

Coming over dark here so it looks like a shower or 2 may be with me soon unfortunately! 

It was so nice an hour ago.. Give me that over 1 clap of thunder and pointless rain anyday... Grrrr 

Posted

Very dark skies circled to the south and east of here but left us in very hot humid milky sunshine. 

June 11 2016 phone 262.jpg

Posted

Chucked it down here for a while, dry now but steamy! Some ominous clouds about but as yet, not anything severe weather wise.

Posted

25 mins later the rain is still lashing down. Possible flash flooding? There's lots of sirens ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Hi 

I was just going to say that the wind had dropped right down here and it was very settled suddenly, but its gradually blowing a bit more again. Was quite surreal for a few mins

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

I see the man upstairs has his heat gun on to evaporate the rain before it gets here.

Its funny to see the rain get heavier with purple radar hits then as it gets nearer it just vanishes.

Posted

So much for a rainy cooler day. Dry and a high of 22.3C. 

Posted

Well I have spent the day in Ely, there was a brief sharp shower which of course developed into a storm as it tracked north east. Otherwise it has been a decent warm day with hazy sunshine and light winds. A high of 22C today.

Tomorrow looks like being a repeat performance with fronts overhead breaking up allowing some sunshine to trigger more heavy showers.

Edited by Captain Shortwave