Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
5 hours ago, interested & confused said:

Can someone make sure we get the Netweather forecast weather ( sun with 21C) rather than solid cloud and 14.4C :( It is very depressing after a few nice sunny days.

Was that Summer? .....................................

Autumn starts from the weekend and we last until May 2017

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Cloudy all day till 3pm, then just clear blue skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Ditto ^ here. It felt quite cool this morning at 18C under the clag (after the last 2 days which maxed here at 25C and 24C) but has now risen to 21.7C in the unbroken sunshine. May just squeeze a 22C before the sun loses it's strength. Shame to be losing this weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Beautiful day here, clear blue sky since 11am 

Tomorrow and Saturday look fairly decent to, yes not on par with this week but this is the UK after all. Some useful weather so nothing to be downbeat about

Posted

I sort of get the impression that some people think the weather is moving into autumn tomorrow onwards.

I dont think it will be that bad, often it looks bad until the days come and its often better than the weather before lol...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well a lovely afternoon and evening here, no wind whatsoever and temperatures still holding up at 21C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, seaside 60 said:

I sort of get the impression that some people think the weather is moving into autumn tomorrow onwards.

I dont think it will be that bad, often it looks bad until the days come and its often better than the weather before lol...

That's true in some instances, for sure. To be honest I think we've had a fair share of different weather types over the last few months which has been good; no overly long patterns persisting this year like some recent years.

Posted
10 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

That's true in some instances, for sure. To be honest I think we've had a fair share of different weather types over the last few months which has been good; no overly long patterns persisting this year like some recent years.

La Nina is being blamed, think it will be hot and sunny in july and another spell in august

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Today - BBC forecast as currently displayed (e.g. a nowcast) for Hunstanton:

A mainly dry and bright morning with some warm hazy sunshine, a few showers are likely to develop by afternoon, more especially towards the west of the region, but many places likely to remain dry. Warm inland, cooler on coasts.

Today - actual weather:

Rain all morning, no sun.

Conclusion:

Crap again.

Posted

Yes you seem to have your own rain cloud up there.

Here its just horrible sticky humid, hotter than all of the week.
Always the same, easterlies we colder soon as it turns south or west we are the hottest and the wrong type of heat.

Posted

Beautiful day... Sunny and warm. Although the high cloud from earlier has made it feel quite close and sticky.

Quite the opposite to what I was reading on here yesterday.. Tomorrow looking good as well, higher chance of a shower though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The morning was fairly cloudy as high cloud moved in, the afternoon has been mostly sunny with the cloud thinning, I can see some towers building to my north west.

Up to 22C at the moment, it could get warmer as the sun remains out and the wind is offshore in direction.

Posted

Not sure what all the moaning is about 

In all fairness at the moment, judging by the Met Office it doesn't look that bad regarding next week for the South. My opinion is that the worst will be this weekend and early-middle part of next week before a North - South split develops for the rest of June. We may lose the hot, dry weather for a few days/a week but that doesn't mean it won't return and we'll be plunged into a 2007/2012 summer pattern especially as it looks like the wetter/cooler weather for next week won't last long for us and La Nina hasn't fully developed yet.  The Met have been bullish about drier weather and warmer temperatures returning after next week for the South and into July possibly for the whole of the UK and I'd say they were spot on for their June outlook: high pressure warm weather periods interspersed with a breakdown bringing showers and longer spells of rain. 

It's Summer in the UK after all, we're supposed to get a mixed bag of weather due to our location it would be rare that we got a default 3 months of wall to wall sunshine and high temperatures but it looks like we'll get some good periods of nice weather with decent hot temperatures as well as some occasional wetter/cooler periods like next week :)

Edited by wishingforsnow

Posted

Couldn't agree more @wishingforsnow As long as we dont get back that North Sea Clag (Unlikely) then im happy and also realistic.

Its the UK - Its suppose to go downhill over a set period! Its also June, so in any sunshine regardless of set up, it will feel very pleasant. Dont go over to the MOD thread though. The usual doom and gloom because high pressure is not in charge, all to change this time next week of course - Very Comical to read nonetheless though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Pretty hot here to be honest, even warmer than yesterday and we have some high thin cloud, 28c my local weather station is displaying (its located just up the road from me) but not offical met. Can you imagine the temperature if the cloud wasn't there! Northolt regularly hits the warmest spot in the UK and its only about 5 miles to the south of me. 

Posted

I'm about 20 miles north east of Peterborough  got great storm hitting off torrential  rain though hazards driving conditions. Massive bolts of lightening 

Posted
3 hours ago, The Enforcer said:

Today - BBC forecast as currently displayed (e.g. a nowcast) for Hunstanton:

A mainly dry and bright morning with some warm hazy sunshine, a few showers are likely to develop by afternoon, more especially towards the west of the region, but many places likely to remain dry. Warm inland, cooler on coasts.

Today - actual weather:

Rain all morning, no sun.

Conclusion:

Crap again.

It really hasn't been that bad here in Hunstanton. Yes, it was a bit drizzly this morning, and its still cloudy here, but it is no colder then it has been the past week here under the cloud that lifted only on 4 afternoons for a few hours.

At least that horrendous sea breeze is gone, i don't mind this cloud as long as it doesn't stay below 12c in the day like it did over a week ago.

Posted

Reached 23.5C here, warmer than forecast which is a nice surprise.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Feels very warm here today again. Lots of cloud around now and feeling slightly muggy. 

Will the storms come this far do you think? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Not a bad day, breezy and cooler than it has been, but still nice. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Not a bad day, breezy and cooler than it has been, but still nice. 

Still 20c out, humidity 90% showers around.

Posted

Made it to 23C after a mostly sunny afternoon and with light winds it certainly felt pleasant outside.