Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

aye just a little one:oops:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Dami said:

:yahoo:

Amazing day yesterday, probably the only storm I will see (only had one last year and that was in the early hours) so done my years worth of storm posting.

So anyway today.

Feels much much cooler now, in fact felt cooler when I was trying to get outside to the Bin yesterday evening (must not talk anymore about the amazing storm)

Cloudy and no sun, unlike yesterday (which was bright before amazing storm i'm not allowed to mention)

woke up at around 2am and it was raining( but i'm guessing this wasn't the amazing storm still over me.)

16C

It feels warmer here today, with some humidity about. temp is 17.1, so about the same as yesterday.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
24 minutes ago, Surrey said:

What a night north Surrey night time storms again.. In the last 2 years I've seen more night time storms than day time..

Today's risk is West London as some Convergence zones set up and some moderate cap builds (sun permiting) 

Once the sun does come out I expect temperatures and humidity to rocket 

You wouldn't have liked the kent storm much mostly rain with flashes every 2-5 mins, but boy some of those packed a punch. 

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
15 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Did you get a storm yesterday:D Dark clouds here already

I prefer the type of storm you got, thunder lightning, with no rain.

Posted

My favorite bit of  any storm is watching the clouds move in, unfortunately alot of the clouds were blocked by housing and i didn't fancy getting on the seat at the end of the garden to look across with lightning heading to me. I just love the feeling, seeing it get darker and darker, the first rumble of thunder, really thought we were going to miss the worst as it 'looked'like the darker area was moving away, but no. I watched it develop on the radar from nothing to something and it just kept going then almost stopped and I had a good 2hours of rain and thunder.

This morning feels like we had a storm and is almost steamy, with stormy looking clouds. Looks like we had a storm an hour of two ago rather than 12hours. really warm and humid now and still. You don't get this very often at all here and i love it, shame I don't think I will be getting another storm.

But as far as it goes, it's now very much like yesterday.

10 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

You wouldn't have liked the kent storm much mostly rain with flashes every 2-5 mins, but boy some of those packed a punch. 

It started of very elevated with lightning in the clouds, then as it matured it really kicked out the lightning then the second cell with the potent CG lightning was just incredible! Loads of rain too 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

I prefer the type of storm you got, thunder lightning, with no rain.

lol the rain amount if that's what you can call it, has been pathetic, but at least you can stand outside and watch the lightning

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

lol the rain amount if that's what you can call it, has been pathetic, but at least you can stand outside and watch the lightning

You can see what the cloud base is doing too, can be fascinating sometimes. You won't catch me outside in a storm unless I've no choice, like yesterday when I had to pick up the kids. The good thing is the lightning wasn't very active.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
57 minutes ago, Surrey said:

What a night north Surrey night time storms again.. In the last 2 years I've seen more night time storms than day time..

Today's risk is West London as some Convergence zones set up and some moderate cap builds (sun permiting) 

Once the sun does come out I expect temperatures and humidity to rocket 

Yes we certainly struck lucky lol! Looks like today might go bang later again, especially if the cloud clears up for a while? Feels quite warm here at 20C.

Posted
41 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

not where i was, lol. about an inch of water in the garden for a while.That'll make the grass grow.

Posted

I know I'll get ridiculed but....headaches, today and yesterday...I know it's a wives' tale but it sure is a co-incidence that with the storms comes the headaches.

Something bubbly looking to my south, it's though the trees so not clear but something of interest.

How nice was it falling asleep last night with the rumble of distant thunder (but all the while feeling jealous of those to the S/E taking a direct hit!)

Sun has just come out.

Edited by Team Squirrel
  • Like 1

Posted

Well it has to be said, IF there was the same kind of storm Risk today, i would been jumping around like a lunie.

Going overcast here again, however this time can  make out the convection that is bubbling up, it's not sharp focus cauliflowers by any means, but differs that yesterday it seemed to be just High level milky stuff, this is bulky. More like you get after a storm, more like claggy and grey.

Breeze getting up too. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
2 hours ago, Surrey said:

It started of very elevated with lightning in the clouds, then as it matured it really kicked out the lightning then the second cell with the potent CG lightning was just incredible! Loads of rain too 

I am only about 10 miles to your east and could see it kicking off over the Heathrow area but bizarrely it never really made it here, grrrr!

7 minutes ago, weathertoski said:

I am only about 10 miles to your east and could see it kicking off over the Heathrow area but bizarrely it never really made it here, grrrr!

It was epic seriously good storm, not the best I have witnessed in this area.. But certainly pushed one out of the top 10 ! 

We managed to locate where one of the CG hit in the second cell that fired to my South and pushed up over me 

Posted
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

It was epic seriously good storm, not the best I have witnessed in this area.. But certainly pushed one out of the top 10 ! 

We managed to locate where one of the CG hit in the second cell that fired to my South and pushed up over me 

3 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Yes we certainly struck lucky lol! Looks like today might go bang later again, especially if the cloud clears up for a while? Feels quite warm here at 20C.

I was just in your neck of the woods at Laleham, already the skies are looking unstable with high thin cloud and sunshine punctuated with cauliflowers building. Driving back towards Uxbridge this appeared even more the case; outside it is very humid in the heat.

Last night Surbiton stayed stubbornly on the edge of everything, with me watching the radar for over an hour expecting the cell to move over us, but it was not to be. We just got a bit of a light show with rain arriving just before midnight accompanied by some lightning and a few rolls of thunder. What a difference a few miles make eh?

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 1

Posted

Could be a good day here (SE16) I see those showers to the northeast of London tracking SSW/SW right towards here, I do not believe they're electrically active yet...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat

Afternoon everyone. Lots of rumbles, sounding gradually nearer. No rain or lightning to report as yet.

Posted

wow such heavy rain blimey central London under water

• Like 1