Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted

A bland old day a little muggy indoors does look interesting regarding a possible MCS through early Thursday will be keeping an eye on that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Getting very humid here, by Thursday even more say, thunder and flooding on the way:shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Started off with fog this morning, which cleared up to leave a nice warm mostly sunny day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lovely start to the day here but sadly soon spoilt by extensive infill. Feeling fairly mild at 21C with some humidity. 

As for the storm potential I'm not convinced anywhere apart from Kent will see anything. Would love to be wrong!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Lovely start to the day here but sadly soon spoilt by extensive infill. Feeling fairly mild at 21C with some humidity. 

As for the storm potential I'm not convinced anywhere apart from Kent will see anything. Would love to be wrong!

Similar here.  I was surprised by how warm and humid it was earlier.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
4 hours ago, Daniel* said:

A bland old day a little muggy indoors does look interesting regarding a possible MCS through early Thursday will be keeping an eye on that.

NOOOOO! No MCS - it's always a big fat murky nothing up here! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Got a police helicopter circling and keeping up the neighbourhood, warm out, showers today and Thursday?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Reset the rain gauges! Could be some big totals to measure from later tonight through to Friday. The Met Office Fax Chart shows our Region on the warm, humid side of a Warm Front with a trough set to produce very heavy thundery rain through Sussex, Kent and up through Essex and Suffolk. Yellow warnings have been issued. But as Carol on the beeb said this morning, anywhere east of the Front could see a storm.

Fax Chart midnight tonight Met Off Fax Chart Thur23June 00.00.jpg

The consensus amongst the various forecasts is for things to kick off overnight, with "frequent lightening and torrential rain" early tomorrow morning. Things then die down later Thurs morning and into the afternoon, before another pulse moves up from France Thurs evening and overnight Friday. The Met Off/BBC view:

Thur 01.00 BBC Thur 01.00.jpg 05.00 BBC Thur 05.00.jpg 15.00 BBC Thur 15.00.jpg

Arpege going for a slightly later arrival of the storms, but otherwise a similar picture:

07.00 Arpege 0z Wed for Thur23June 07.00.png 10.00 Arpege 0z Wed for Thur23June 10.00.png 16.00 Arpege 0z Wed for Thur23June 16.00.png

Edited by Blessed Weather
Remove duplicate chart

Posted

Smiley Carol pinpointed Kent, Essex and Suffolk just now - bad luck chaps :D 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
16 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Smiley Carol pinpointed Kent, Essex and Suffolk just now - bad luck chaps :D 

The "bad luck" depends on your weather preferences of course - some of us will be enjoying the next 24 hours! Anyway, I'd get the ponchos out for the sheep as I don't think Norfolk escapes!! :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

It's overcast and damp out there, doesn't really feel like a storm is on the way either. 

Not expecting one after the yearly storm quota of 1 was used up on Friday afternoon. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Foggy here again this morning, which basically means, warm moist air and cold sea mixing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Certainly no bad luck for me.. Suffolk and Essex can keep the heavy rain with a rumble of thunder thank you very much = Pointless

BBC Breakfast and Radio go for Kent, Suffolk and Essex for most potential thundery downpours

Hoping they miss Hertfordshire, ground already saturated here

• Like 1

Posted
50 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

The "bad luck" depends on your weather preferences of course - some of us will be enjoying the next 24 hours! Anyway, I'd get the ponchos out for the sheep as I don't think Norfolk escapes!! :)

We know that Carol can effectively negate any chance of decent storms :D Thank goodness she didn't mention the "H" word hehe! Anyone know the spell to dissipate an MCS? God they are a complete waste of space up here....

Posted

Minging start to the day, will head down to the coast this evening if storms look likely

Edited by Cableguy
Spelling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations
35 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Certainly no bad luck for me.. Suffolk and Essex can keep the heavy rain with a rumble of thunder thank you very much = Pointless

BBC Breakfast and Radio go for Kent, Suffolk and Essex for most potential thundery downpours

Hoping they miss Hertfordshire, ground already saturated here

I love a good storm but since we had that storm the other week I've been on edge everytime a forecast comes out for storms. 

Its the rain that worries me tbh. The last storm we had flooded my whole street, I've never in all my life seen it that bad here. 

Its currently drizzling here but not cold. 

Posted
12 minutes ago, Cableguy said:

Minging start to the day, will head down to the coast this evening if storms look likely

Let me know if you are going through Sussex might join you. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Hello fellow posters,

I am surprised that the warm sunny skies have now given way to quite heavy drizzle. Do not believe it was forecast.

Really looking forward to tonight. Hopefully mid Essex will be right in the firing line for Carol's humdingers!

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
3 minutes ago, PurpleButterfly said:

I love a good storm but since we had that storm the other week I've been on edge everytime a forecast comes out for storms. 

Its the rain that worries me tbh. The last storm we had flooded my whole street, I've never in all my life seen it that bad here. 

Its currently drizzling here but not cold. 

Exactly, I love a good storm too, but this is the UK. Rarely do you get a dry electrical loud thunderstorm.

Most of UK storms consist of bucket loads of rain and one or 2 rumbles of thunder and lightning if your lucky, of course you can get a storm that gives you a good display but lets be honest it doesn't happen often, but you can be sure the rain does happen. Thats why i'm hoping they miss Hertfordshire. Its soaked here already.

Not forgetting that my version of a good storm compared to others is very different. Some class 5 cracks of thunder a 3 flashes of lightning as epic..LOL

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Sorry Surrey, doesn't matter what I do for some reason I can't get rid of the quotes! Mods please delete:wallbash:

On 6/21/2016 at 07:08, Surrey said:

Morning Gang,

On 6/21/2016 at 07:08, Surrey said:

Morning Gang,

So after today.. The next 48 hours will either be  some of the most epic storms we have had in a long time, or the more usual watch France have em all!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Right then!

It is raining and cool.

end of message.

beep.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Drizzle and 17C, sigh, another lovely June day....zzzzzzzz:fool: