Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A reasonable day overall, some sunshine up to mid afternoon before the frontal cloud moved in. Temperatures reached a respectable 21C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Raining and cold, got the heating on.:cold:

Hehe, crazy isn't it? Woke up with a cold this morning, very sniffly. Doesn't feel that cold here at 16C already but it's very wet outside and looks like rain for much of the day. Oh well, won't have to water the allotment again. Happy Solstice everyone! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Hehe, crazy isn't it? Woke up with a cold this morning, very sniffly. Doesn't feel that cold here at 16C already but it's very wet outside and looks like rain for much of the day. Oh well, won't have to water the allotment again. Happy Solstice everyone! 

That's the good thing, not having to water the garden, summer solstice already, I do like all the extra hours of daylight, now we gradually fade into darkness again:closedeyes:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

That's the good thing, not having to water the garden, summer solstice already, I do like all the extra hours of daylight, now we gradually fade into darkness again:closedeyes:

I must say that the garden looks lovely, very green and lush this year. The allotment is similar though the butternuts and outdoor cucumbers are not doing much while it's cool and cloudy. Ideally some hot sun for a few weeks (months!) now would make everything grow like mad. No chance of that for a while!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Wet, grey, breezy and 15.6C here. Doesn't feel very mid-summer 'ish!

Arpege ramping up it's thoughts on the thundery rain for Thurs morning. If it's right, people in eastern coastal counties might need to dig some drainage trenches rather than fill the watering can!

09.00 Thurs Arpege on Mon for Thur23June 09.00.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Welcome to BST. Cool and wet. 

Roll on mid July, I shall be in Almeria Spain getting some proper summer weather. Hopefully July holds better things for the UK weather wise and we get some decent sunny, warm weather. 

If we do get a dry spell in July I wonder how many days it will take before members start saying "we need rain"

Makes me chuckle every year!!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Back to default Norfolk summer again - grey and drizzly :closedeyes: Freezing cold at a dog show on Sat nr Ely requiring over trousers, wellies, fleece and waterproof coat, warm and sunny at same venue on Sunday!  We haven't even enjoyed much of the thundery activity either apart from the rain  - 84mm for June already. So looking forward to Ibiza in September! 

Posted
31 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Welcome to BST. Cool and wet. 

Roll on mid July, I shall be in Almeria Spain getting some proper summer weather. Hopefully July holds better things for the UK weather wise and we get some decent sunny, warm weather. 

If we do get a dry spell in July I wonder how many days it will take before members start saying "we need rain"

Makes me chuckle every year!!! 

I'm off to Spain on Sunday, cannot wait. Don't think anyone will be saying 'we need rain' this year lol....well, unless it stops raining for two months. Knowing the way our climate has gone, wouldn't surprise me! But yes, keeping everything crossed for summer to return to our shores.

Posted
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

I must say that the garden looks lovely, very green and lush this year. The allotment is similar though the butternuts and outdoor cucumbers are not doing much while it's cool and cloudy. Ideally some hot sun for a few weeks (months!) now would make everything grow like mad. No chance of that for a while!

Oh and I haven't needed to wash the car yet this summer, which is also good.:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The morning was pretty cloudy and wet, it has brightened up this afternoon but we have a torrential downpour just recently. It does feel warm and humid out there. Temperatures have reached 22C despite there being very little in the way of sunshine during the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

My kitchen just got rained on.

Posted

A very wet mid-summer's day refuses to dry up here. After a soggy morning with several hours of heavy rain, a couple of hours of warmth and humidity this afternoon has now kicked of some torrential showers. Today (so far) has seen over 18mm and June is up to 86mm here - with 9 days left! The average June rainfall for Suffolk is around 50mm. :nonono:

17.50 Radar Mon20June 17.50.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

And here it comes. I can hear it on the roof! But, hasn't it been muggy?:)

Posted

Like a completely different day out there now! Sunny but signs of convection to the S and E, breezy and pleasantly warm compared to earlier at 22C.

Posted

Since there's football on you can describe today as being a day of two halves:ninja:

• Like 2

Posted

Gorgeous Full Moon and mackerel sky tonight, can anyone else see it? 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Gorgeous Full Moon and mackerel sky tonight, can anyone else see it? 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Can see the moon but no mackerel lol

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Morning Gang,

So after today.. The next 48 hours will either be  some of the most epic storms we have had in a long time, or the more usual watch France have em all!

And the good news for storm lovers is the high res models and the Met Off forecasts are all pointing to a very interesting period, particularly the 12 hours from around 03.00 Thurs! Still some uncertainty though - in the Met Off video (screen grab below) Jay Wynne did say the westward/eastward positioning of the warm front may change.

Met Met Off Thur23June.jpg Arpege Arpege on Tue for Thur23June 08.00.png NMM NMM Precip on Tue for Thur23June 04.00.png

1 minute ago, Blessed Weather said:

And the good news for storm lovers is the high res models and the Met Off forecasts are all pointing to a very interesting period, particularly the 12 hours from around 03.00 Thurs! Still some uncertainty though - in the Met Off video (screen grab below) Jay Wynne did say the westward/eastward positioning of the warm front may change.

Met Met Off Thur23June.jpg Arpege Arpege on Tue for Thur23June 08.00.png NMM NMM Precip on Tue for Thur23June 04.00.png

My interest is more Thursday and if we clear out any crud overnight for some proper surface based storms. The stuff that moves in over night is more likely going to be very elevated

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
13 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

A very wet mid-summer's day refuses to dry up here. After a soggy morning with several hours of heavy rain, a couple of hours of warmth and humidity this afternoon has now kicked of some torrential showers. Today (so far) has seen over 18mm and June is up to 86mm here - with 9 days left! The average June rainfall for Suffolk is around 50mm. :nonono:

17.50 Radar Mon20June 17.50.jpg

97mm for me, somehow I think I'll get through the 100mm mark this month! 

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, Surrey said:

My interest is more Thursday and if we clear out any crud overnight for some proper surface based storms. The stuff that moves in over night is more likely going to be very elevated

Yes - two bites at the cherry! :) Some interesting MUCAPE charts for 03.00 in the morning and then 17.00 in the afternoon. Looks like a lot of banging and crashing for Kent in the wee small hours from the warm front. Things quieten down for a few hours, and then eastern coastal counties in with a chance of some good convective storms by the afternoon.

What caught my eye was the picture in Northern France by 17.00. Those are terrific CAPE values (the purple) - we'd wet ourselves if we had a chart with those values over us!

03.00 NMM MUCAPE Tue23June 03.00.png 17.00 NMM MUCAPE Tue23June 17.00.png

Posted

Today has been okay, bright and pleasantly warm.