Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Sun has finally broken through here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Wall-to-wall sunshine and, thank the Lord, a good bit less muggy than yesterday...16C with a mod NNE breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Aye we got sun. Not so humid when I went out into the garden, could feel a slight chill in the air, like it was actually 8am in the morning rather than noon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The lower humidity is an interesting one, the models have suggested some quite chilly nights, especially tonight and tomorrow night where temperatures could drop to around 5 or 6C.

nmmuk-0-22-0.png?05-13   nmmuk-0-46-0.png?05-13

That said the days look great

nmmuk-0-32-0.png?05-13   nmmuk-0-56-0.png?05-13

23-25C widely I suspect away from the coasts and perhaps up to 27C in sheltered spots. Early summer can still offer some large diurnal ranges as opposed to late summer where temperatures would have sat in the mid teens at night.

As an aside for how bad last week was, it was colder than the week leading up to Christmas last year, well that's what some newpapers have come out with.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Stunning day! What a difference to the past week. Thank the weather Lords lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
18 minutes ago, Surrey said:

My word what a day 

An acceptable 23C, that'll do nicely 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Up to 21C with unbroken sunshine since mid-morning. Not too bad though it would be nice to lose that nagging NE wind.

Posted

I guess it is time to do a bit of a forecast for the coming week.

Tomorrow

nmmuk-2-24-0.png?05-19   nmmuk-0-26-0.png?05-19

Light winds, generally from the east. I suspect low cloud will burn back quicker tomorrow with less of a sea track and lighter winds. It looks like a mostly fine and sunny day with just a slight chance of showers in the far west of the region along with the home counties. I suspect the shower activity will be more focussed towards the south west of the country.

Temperatures - 23-26C, cooler on the coast, especially Norfolk and Suffolk coasts.

Tuesday 

nmmuk-2-48-0.png?05-19   nmmuk-1-50-0.png?05-19   nmmuk-0-49-0.png?05-19

A slack easterly feed again, early mist and low cloud should quickly clear to leave a sunny morning, showers look more widespread as increasingly warm and humid air moves up from the continent. The chance some potent slow moving thunderstorms in places, Norfolk and Suffolk will probably stay fine and sunny.

Temperatures - 24 - 27C with temperatures generally up from Monday.

Wednesday

nmmuk-2-72-0.png?05-19   nmmuk-0-72-0.png?05-19

A light east to north east wind, the models do suggest a mostly dry and sunny day after mist and low cloud clears again.

Temperatures - 24-27C again I think, a touch cooler on the coast.

Thursday

gfs-0-96.png?12   102-582UK.GIF?05-12

Light winds again from the east or north east

A fine day with sunny spells again, it should stay dry.

Temperatures - 22-25C, temperatures falling back a tad as the ridge and warmth is squeezed out slightly.

Friday

gfs-0-120.png?12   126-582UK.GIF?05-12

A light south easterly wind. A front bringing showery rain looks to move eastwards during the day though it doesn't look like it will reach us until very late in the day.

Temperatures - 20-24C

So overall a decent week with only Tuesday offering a chance of rain. Lots of sunshine once mist and low cloud clears each day with temperatures sitting above normal for most away from the coast where onshore winds will temper the feel.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Today started pleasantly enough but got progressively more filthy as the day went on, hope the humidity subsides and it just stays warm and sunny:good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
14 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Yeah the north sea muck is being very very stubborn. It returned up here around 11pm and has again managed to cover most of the region. I certainly hope that thing improve much quicker today.

Welcome to the forum by the way :hi:

Thanks for the welcome Matt.

Posted

Beautiful day here after initial murk, reached 24C and not overly humid, with a lovely warm evening. Nice couple of days to come too, hopefully.

Posted

Days started as it has most days, it's cloudy.

Nothing on the forecast for me for thunderstorms, boo hiss.

I shall sit on the sofa with a coffee and box of tissues. \o/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The cloud melted away very quickly this morning. It's already a totally clear blue sky, and at the moment hardly any breeze. Yesterday it got to 22C in my back garden and the official MetOff station down the road at Wattisham recorded a max of 21C. With sunshine breaking through earlier and (hopefully) not so much of a breeze, it's looking good to better yesterday's effort. Humidity at sensible levels (currently 74%) so it's a comfortable warmth too. :)

The SE corner, particularly Sussex and Surrey, look to be most prone to some heavy showers tomorrow. Arpege suggesting the peak risk around 16.00 whilst NMM goes for slightly later at 18.00.

Arpege Arpege Precip Tues07Jun 16.00.png NMM NMM Precip Tues07Jun 18.00.png

• Like 2

Posted

Gorgeous start to the day here without the cloud of the last week, sunny from the start and looks like a very nice early Summer day to come :) Off to the allotment, will enjoy the sunshine before work beckons tomorrow.

Posted

Nice to see everyone else I enjoying warmth, we've had a slight mist all week even once all cloud had gone leaving the sun out, and the max temperature this week is 19c on Wednesday. Disappointed after looking forward to this warm spell for a few weeks, just for it to be another flop thanks to the North Sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

What a lovely start to the day: 15C and wall-to-wall sunshine. Low cloud had all gone by 9 am.

Posted

Forecast was completely wrong, that 19c high predicted for Wednesday is nearly out the bag, we are at 15.5c already, I can feel the 20c mark today, hopefully then again for a few more days. Definitely feels nice in the sun, bit of a breeze though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Started off cloudy, nice and sunny now, but with a haze. Should clear to clear blue sky like yesterday soon.

Posted

started off cloudy, but now wall to wall sunshine, a very slight breeze, warm

This is madness i tell you madness. Want clouds bubbling up all around, bright echos on the radar, the sound of thunder in the distance. 

But's nice out all the same.:D