Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

2 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

Met office app for me now has just a 60% chance of light rain from 6am to 8am. No snow in the forecast at all despite being slap bang in middle of amber warning.

Has something changed model wise since the warning was issued this morning?

surely thy wud tke it dwn if this ws the case because ur fooling people. a lot of peeps will change thre plans.

Posted
1 minute ago, sausage said:

surely thy wud tke it dwn if this ws the case because ur fooling people. a lot of peeps will change thre plans.

Maybe due to Xmas hols the met office are short staffed and can't update until a chief forecaster is back in work?

Posted
10 minutes ago, sausage said:

im very excited.

amber means a lot. you cant fool n worry people only for it not to happen. and phil avery on bbc leeds said in the amber it will chuck it dwn and even said yellow area still upto 5cm. 

on the met office warning too it says about stranded rtc. amner shud alone be expecting 5-10cm regardless of height. my worry is the bbc app which i think has been pretty açurate too recently.

does anyone please think there will be enough left by midday when i finish to go sledging. surely if 5-10 is true it wont rapidly melt at 3c?!!.....

Lots of moisture and warmer air mixed in by midday by the looks of things so i wouldn't bank it staying around for too long after midday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bitter Cold in winter and Extreme heat in summer

I honestly think this is going to be a flop to be honest. I think here in Leeds we will see snow for a little bit, a slight covering maybe and then rain. I expect it to be gone by the rush hour!

Posted

This from met office just now on twitter suggests an all snow event?

Much faster than previously tho with back of front clearing West York's by 7-8am.

Edited by BA Baracus
Addition
  • Like 1

Posted
39 minutes ago, Snowday said:

What are you classing as ‘high ground’? 

200m + will stay as snow longer.But the front is coming through too quick imo.

Saying that,as soon as it's starts to fall it will settle.

Edited by joggs

Posted
3 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

This from met office just now on twitter suggests an all snow event?

That's a great update. Thanks mate 

20171228_213701.thumb.png.fcbff0201ced56f0b24347b6fcd1cda3.png

Posted

A few questions to met office on twitter questioning their app and why so different to latest video forecast e.g. one from someone in Honley where it shows heavy rain only on the app. Will be interesting to see if they bother replying. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

If you wanna see some snow falling tomorrow guys I would be setting your alarms for about 4am as the front looks to have past through by 7am on latest output 

Posted
6 minutes ago, terrier said:

If you wanna see some snow falling tomorrow guys I would be setting your alarms for about 4am as the front looks to have past through by 7am on latest output 

???

Posted
34 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

I have 11 locations across Yorkshire loaded on the BBC app, and all those in West and South Yorkshire now showing mostly sleet.  Only North Yorkshire locations still showing snow.  Will be interesting to see the model updates from the 18z runs later.

Well your not looking hard enough, LS16 is a Leeds suburb showing snow throughout, a bit of back edge sleet but could easily fall as snow.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Cheese Rice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,wind, heat and thunderstorms
58 minutes ago, vizzy2004 said:

Are you near Peter Mawson who runs the High Farndale farm? I have a weather station at the Lion Inn pub. Heres the link to the live data. 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IFARNDAL3

Aye he lives further up dale im at bottom of Blakey Bank. Cheers thanks very much I'll keep an eye on this.  

Posted

Also seen that the showers after the front are increasingly likely to be of snow.

Untitled.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
40 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

I have 11 locations across Yorkshire loaded on the BBC app, and all those in West and South Yorkshire now showing mostly sleet.  Only North Yorkshire locations still showing snow.  Will be interesting to see the model updates from the 18z runs later.

Met Office and BBC apps for my area are actually showing heavy rain with just a little sleet and I am on the edge of the Amber Warning area so one of the forecasts is going to be wrong!

Edited by Kentish Snowman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
9 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman said:

Met Office and BBC apps for my area are actually showing heavy rain with just a little sleet and I am on the edge of the Amber Warning area so one of the forecasts is going to be wrong!

Yep, agreed.  You are about 6 miles South East from me, and slightly lower altitude.  Both BBC app and Meto showing mainly sleet for me, so as you say either apps wrong or warning wrong!  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
20 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

Well your not looking hard enough, LS16 is a Leeds suburb showing snow throughout, a bit of back edge sleet but could easily fall as snow.

Untitled.jpg

Well clearly I can't load every single location in Yorkshire onto the app, so I'm sure there are some locations particularly those with altitude will still be showing more snow.  What I said was the 11 locations I have loaded, which are only a sample of Yorkshire locations were showing mostly sleet.  Hopefully the app is wrong and we get snow more widely as the 12z models were showing.  Let's see what the 18z say in a few minutes...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Hopefully/will try(road permitting)will get up toward snakes pass but stop short of there in the car park(hope woodland carpark) and head up the snake path just up the road from Snakes pass inn to head up Kinderscout,if not i will park somewhere nr Ladybower inn and head for coach and horses rock formation just east of Derwent res,and maybe head on from there,we(me and my mate)will not be rushing back down,we have some good torches,survival kits etc

i will set off sometime late morning when the snow stops but there will be wintry showers by the looks of it following the main band and will be of snow up there,it will hopefully be a clear day once the front has gone through so hoping for some nice clear shots on the cam,i hope to get some good pics for you guys so i will catch up with things tomorrow evening/night,if not the next day:)

s.thumb.png.609219426e4ba5f03392a76982dfccbd.png

s2.thumb.png.1680a0402a0c090a5bfda2edfdce2e83.png

s1.thumb.png.7e88822df26bfe828dfe706601f6e28d.png

have fun tomorrow guys,if you can,head for the hills.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)
4 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Hopefully/will try(road permitting)will get up toward snakes pass but stop short of there in the car park(hope woodland carpark) and head up the snake path just up the road from Snakes pass inn to head up Kinderscout,if not i will park somewhere nr Ladybower inn and head for coach and horses rock formation just east of Derwent res,and maybe head on from there,we(me and my mate)will not be rushing back down,we have some good torches,survival kits etc

i will set off sometime late morning when the snow stops but there will be wintry showers by the looks of it following the main band and will be of snow up there,it will hopefully be a clear day once the front has gone through so hoping for some nice clear shots on the cam,i hope to get some good pics for you guys so i will catch up with things tomorrow evening/night,if not the next day:)

s.thumb.png.609219426e4ba5f03392a76982dfccbd.png

s2.thumb.png.1680a0402a0c090a5bfda2edfdce2e83.png

s1.thumb.png.7e88822df26bfe828dfe706601f6e28d.png

have fun tomorrow guys,if you can,head for the hills.

Good luck and be careful! Look forward to some snowy pics tomoz :D

• Thanks 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Winter Cold said:

Good luck and be careful! Look forward to some snowy pics tomoz :D

We alway's are,we have done Scafell pike(Cumbria) loads of times and been in hairy situations,this is a walk in the park:D

forgot to mention above that i have snow tyres on:)

Edited by Allseasons-si

Posted

Well good luck to everyone in the higher parts of our region tomorrow think you might just have a decent event early doors. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, terrier said:

Well good luck to everyone in the higher parts of our region tomorrow think you might just have a decent event early doors. 

Terrier,how high are you,could you put your elevation in your profile,it just makes it easier to judge if you will get snow or not in situations like this,thanks:)

Posted
6 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Terrier,how high are you,could you put your elevation in your profile,it just makes it easier to judge if you will get snow or not in situations like this,thanks:)

Sorry I’m roughly 100m asl so not really expecting much in the way of snowfall tomorrow. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, terrier said:

Sorry I’m roughly 100m asl so not really expecting much in the way of snowfall tomorrow. 

Snap,don't worry,get up at 4am:D

joke asside,you should be ok to see some snow falling and it could be quiet heavy and settling straight away,these all 18z

nmm_uk1-1-15-0.png?28-23aromehd-1-15-0.png?28-23arpegeuk-1-15-0.png?28-23iconeu_uk1-1-15-0.png?28-21hirlamuk-1-13-0.png?28-22

Edited by Allseasons-si