Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Frosty. said:

Oh I agree, heat is dangerous to health, melts roads and buckles railway tracks, give me cool unsettled green snot deconstructing troughs anytime..pure bliss and good for your health and well being.:shok::drinks:

Lol yes, green snot all the way. Of course. one hopes that the coming winter is not harsh as loss of life and transport being crippled by cold and snow would also be unacceptable.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

I have just finished perusing the latest GFS output and I must admit to having a mild faint and having to rest my quaking legs rather quickly. The moisture around my eyes can only have been caused by the overwhelming joy of seeing a beautiful trough residing over our fair Isles for not one or two days, but seven! An entire week of high summer saved from the terrible and life threatening risk of warm sunshine, Praise Be. How utterly selfish to yearn for warmth in summer when we experience it for so much of December. Forgive us!

I was welling up also,faint and quaking legs as well seeing the GFS output......possibly not for the same reason as your self though!:D Enjoy it if it comes off!

Edited by markyo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

The GEFS 6z mean is a thing of beauty with a trough dropping anchor over the uk for around 4 or 5 days before slowly pushing east with a cool northerly airflow setting in..I'm so excited I could crush a grape..in a nutshell it's looking fab-u-lus:shok::D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 hours ago, Frosty. said:

Oh I agree, heat is dangerous to health, melts roads and buckles railway tracks, give me cool unsettled green snot deconstructing troughs anytime..pure bliss and good for your health and well being.:shok::drinks:

not good for my chest, cool and wet brings pollen down, fine when it's dry, I'd rather the heat

Posted

Not too bad, trough is further north and west, looks green snotty, but my location just about 20°, nothing wrong with this, seems average

hgt500-1000.png

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

1 hour ago, Frosty. said:

The GEFS 6z mean is a thing of beauty with a trough dropping anchor over the uk for around 4 or 5 days before slowly pushing east with a cool northerly airflow setting in..I'm so excited I could crush a grape..in a nutshell it's looking fab-u-lus:shok::D

Don't know what you lot are on with but stop it  :nonono: Giving me the heebees

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 minute ago, Mokidugway said:

Don't know what you lot are on with but stop it  :nonono: Giving me the heebees

I thought that green was everyone's favourite colour on here?

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

The Gfs 12z is so bad its good..didn't think that was possible but plenty of cool and unsettled weather to enjoy with lots of green snot thrown in for good measure :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
6 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Mine is dark blue.

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

The Gfs 12z is so bad its good..didn't think that was possible but plenty of cool and unsettled weather to enjoy with lots of green snot thrown in for good measure :D

I'm sure there'll be plenty of real green snot after all the colds and illnesses caught by getting drenched in chilly winds. Joyous.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, stainesbloke said:

I'm sure there'll be plenty of real green snot after all the colds and illnesses caught by getting drenched in chilly winds. Joyous.

Agreed, it's so refreshing to be able to post this way without fear of your post suddenly disappearing..I like it here.:drinks:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

ECM looks decent enough 

ECM1-144.GIF?16-0

MUCH better! Can't cope with all this model drama 

• Like 1

Posted

Suprise suprise the 12z ecm was a mirage, just goes to show all models have their flaws, after some of the shenanigans from the ecm last 'winter' i wouldnt trust it as far as i could throw it..

Bloody mid to late july and we are going to have a dusgusting trough stuck to our shores like a limpit.

Im calling it now as its all becoming painfully predictable, crap until sept

Edited by northwestsnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Can I be the only one wanting an end to all these hot, sticky nights? Much more o'this and I'll be renting a bothy up by Bealach Na Ba!:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
13 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Can I be the only one wanting an end to all these hot, sticky nights? Much more o'this and I'll be renting a bothy up by Bealach Na Ba!:D

Total sympathy Ed,your area is suffering the most i think:sorry:

Posted
27 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Suprise suprise the 12z ecm was a mirage, just goes to show all models have their flaws, after some of the shenanigans from the ecm last 'winter' i wouldnt trust it as far as i could throw it..

Bloody mid to late july and we are going to have a dusgusting trough stuck to our shores like a limpit.

Im calling it now as its all becoming painfully predictable, crap until sept

It is sunny and warm today, it will be sunny and warmer tomorrow (maybe even locally hot) and Wednesday's rain looks like a morning thing with a drier and humid afternoon. Then fresher and showery but for how long?

All and all it looks normal weather for our corner of Europe.

Posted
19 minutes ago, karyo said:

It is sunny and warm today, it will be sunny and warmer tomorrow (maybe even locally hot) and Wednesday's rain looks like a morning thing with a drier and humid afternoon. Then fresher and showery but for how long?

All and all it looks normal weather for our corner of Europe.

Hmmmm but what about the last week K? Been awful, yes todays lovely but from wed onwards,,,, bleak. :-(

Posted
18 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Hmmmm but what about the last week K? Been awful, yes todays lovely but from wed onwards,,,, bleak. :-(

Yes, we've had some cloudy and drizzly days but even in the summer we are supposed to get some of those. 

I think for our location (and many other western areas) it will work out better if we have a shallow low over the country (sunny spells and showers) than with the low further north feeding a westerly flow which results in constant cloud and drizzle. This is one of the reasons I don't like the Azores high as it brings us this westerly humid cloudy dross. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

Damn the GFS! Look at the tail end of next week :angry:. I need to lie down. For the love of god why can't the weather stay like it is today?

I just died inside. :wallbash:

Edited by Ice Man 85
more to add

Posted
12 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Damn the GFS! Look at the tail end of next week :angry:. I need to lie down. For the love of god why can't the weather stay like it is today?

GFS is the best model for what it shows for this Saturday, expect it to be wrong though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
21 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

It won't verify, that run pretty much is a case of everything going right (or wrong during week 2). It is just outrageous and to put it bluntly that set up would probably give the best chance in our history of hitting 40C. That's pushing it even for the hardiest of summer lovers. 

Oh today has been lovely, 26C and sunny all day. 

• Like 1