Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
6 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

It won't verify, that run pretty much is a case of everything going right (or wrong during week 2). It is just outrageous and to put it bluntly that set up would probably give the best chance in our history of hitting 40C. That's pushing it even for the hardiest of summer lovers. 

Oh today has been lovely, 26C and sunny all day. 

There's been a few newspaper articles with whispers of something like that though. Still I hope to god you're right C.S. Never thought I'd see myself saying that this time of year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
57 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Damn the GFS! Look at the tail end of next week :angry:. I need to lie down. For the love of god why can't the weather stay like it is today?

I just died inside. :wallbash:

It won't come anywhere near that. Look at it like this,the misery will soon be over,just hang on in there,be brave!:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
27 minutes ago, markyo said:

It won't come anywhere near that. Look at it like this,the misery will soon be over,just hang on in there,be brave!:)

There's some support for it on the GEFS. The Control agrees with the OP run. If the ECM even comes close to backing it, we're in for hell on earth with those temps.

Posted
1 minute ago, Ice Man 85 said:

There's some support for it on the GEFS. The Control agrees with the OP run. If the ECM even comes close to backing it, we're in for hell on earth with those temps.

It won't trust me.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, markyo said:

It won't trust me.

The trouble is, the ECM stops on T240, which is just before the GFS goes into meltdown.

Posted
19 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

The trouble is, the ECM stops on T240, which is just before the GFS goes into meltdown.

To far out,don't worry!:)

• Like 1

Posted

Sums me up right now...

dd9b4b43cb716e8243ef027f65d543af.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Damn the GFS! Look at the tail end of next week :angry:. I need to lie down. For the love of god why can't the weather stay like it is today?

I just died inside. :wallbash:

Do calm down, dear. I can feel your blood pressure rising from here. Have you ever thought about amateur dramatics?

On a more serious note, you'll be pleased to know that GFS is pretty much out there on its own, it is extremely unlikely to verify. Though I'm praying that GFS is right for this weekend, will be a lovely weekend camping rather than the vile miserable filth the UKMO is showing, ugh.

Posted
6 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Do calm down, dear. I can feel your blood pressure rising from here. Have you ever thought about amateur dramatics?

On a more serious note, you'll be pleased to know that GFS is pretty much out there on its own, it is extremely unlikely to verify. Though I'm praying that GFS is right for this weekend, will be a lovely weekend camping rather than the vile miserable filth the UKMO is showing, ugh.

You may not believe this, but I don't want the filth of either extreme. I thought today's conditions and temps were lovely. If that would continue until september, then I would have thought everyone would be happy. Still going from the more extreme heat lovers, nothing short of boiling is enough.

Edited by Ice Man 85
more to add
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
7 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

You may not believe this, but I don't want the filth of either extreme. I thought today's conditions were lovely. If that would continue until september, then I would have thought everyone would be happy. Still going from the more extreme heat lovers, nothing short of boiling is enough.

I do believe you and have to agree with you. Today here reached 27C with light winds and plenty of sunshine, those are absolutely perfect summer conditions in my humble opinion. Am certainly not hoping for 40C! I know it's very interesting on a synoptic level but unless one has a swimming pool and air conditioning, probably not too pleasant. Just no vile troughs hanging around for weeks at this time of the year, anything but.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

unless one has a swimming pool and air conditioning, probably not too pleasant.

Thats an understatement! Still the weatheroutlook's Brian Gaze apparently can sleep in Death Valley with no air con. Sometimes I wonder if that guy is human.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Ice Man 85 said:

Thats an understatement! Still the weatheroutlook's Brian Gaze apparently can sleep in Death Valley with no air con. Sometimes I wonder if that guy is human.

The human body does build up a tolerance to heat and cold quite quickly. I've worked a lot out to places like Singapore and Bangkok (30's C and 90% humidity), also Montreal and Toronto (freezing in winter, worst I experienced was -32C). Once you've been in those conditions a day or two, you do start getting used to it. I prefer the heat but wouldn't want it all the time.

Posted
Just now, stainesbloke said:

The human body does build up a tolerance to heat and cold quite quickly. I've worked a lot out to places like Singapore and Bangkok (30's C and 90% humidity), also Montreal and Toronto (freezing in winter, worst I experienced was -32C). Once you've been in those conditions a day or two, you do start getting used to it. I prefer the heat but wouldn't want it all the time.

I know PE teachers can wear shorts in the peak of winter. So maybe you have a point.

Posted
3 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

As a veteran of 1975 & 76 I can confirm that. Endless weeks of temperatures bouncing around between 25 & 32. You just get used to it. The first week or so is awkward, but after that it just becomes normal, you can even sleep & nobody had a fan then either!

• Like 3

Posted
37 minutes ago, draztik said:

GFS 18z will be a very different run, quite apparent early on.

*edit, or possibly not lol

as it turns out, the 12z GFS heatwave has gone awol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
27 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Interestingly ethnicity has been proven to play a role in tolerances to heat and cold... people of European decent have a much higher genetic tolerance to cold than those from say the Indian sub continent and Africa and vice versa when it comes to heat...maybe thats why a lot of people on here moan about it being too hot but not so much about being too cold.

Edited by cheeky_monkey
  • Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, draztik said:

as it turns out, the 12z GFS heatwave has gone awol.

As expected. Joyous chilly troughs to look forward to at the start of holiday season, yay.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Interestingly ethnicity has been proven to play a role in tolerances to heat and cold... people of European decent have a much higher genetic tolerance to cold than those from say the Indian sub continent and Africa and vice versa when it comes to heat...maybe thats why a lot of people in the on here moan about it being too hot but not so much about being too cold.

Makes a lot of sense. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
8 hours ago, davehsug said:

As a veteran of 1975 & 76 I can confirm that. Endless weeks of temperatures bouncing around between 25 & 32. You just get used to it. The first week or so is awkward, but after that it just becomes normal, you can even sleep & nobody had a fan then either!

exactly!...... well said!

Posted
7 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Interestingly ethnicity has been proven to play a role in tolerances to heat and cold... people of European decent have a much higher genetic tolerance to cold than those from say the Indian sub continent and Africa and vice versa when it comes to heat...maybe thats why a lot of people on here moan about it being too hot but not so much about being too cold.

Many of them weren't around in 62-63

Posted
5 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

exactly!...... well said!

Yep,agree,same thing happens in a cold winter,first few days folk feel it then it becomes norm.

Posted
12 minutes ago, markyo said:

Yep,agree,same thing happens in a cold winter,first few days folk feel it then it becomes norm.

In my experience that's is not correct

Edited by knocker

Posted
13 minutes ago, knocker said:

In my experience that's is not correct

I find it is,that first moaning soon dies down,but as usual it depends on how the individual deals with it. We are all different!:)

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, markyo said:

I find it is,that first moaning soon dies down,but as usual it depends on how the individual deals with it. We are all different!:)

Well one of the many notable things of the winter of 62-63 was it's longevity, and in general terms people did not deal with it. It caused many problems and not a little distress particularly with the elderly. I was young at the time and I struggled. And it devastated many animal species.