Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Meanwhile, here on the supposedly sunny south coast it's been overcast all day and I'm thankfull the stiff breeze of recent days has finally relented.

Not asking for or expecting a heatwave but something above todays Tmax of 19.1c wouldn't go amiss.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Very disappointing cloudy day yesterday with some drizzle in the morning and a top temp of 19.2C.

It's looking like the warm/hot, muggy spell of weather that's been anticipated for today and tomorrow will not live up to expectations generated by the forecasts of a few days ago. The Arpege charts I put up a couple of days ago certainly look to have over-cooked the temperatures - particularly for tomorrow (Weds).

The fax charts showing the main problem - the advancing cold front will be straddling our Region around lunch-time Weds, so cloud cover pegging temps back and spoiling the day. Met Office are suggesting a high of 24C with Arpege going for 25C before the fresher air moves in behind the front.

Fax Chart Weds 12.00 599bcd08e1350_FaxChartWed23Aug12_00.thumb.jpg.70ee8672503e8a471fb989d802a24ead.jpg

Arpege cloud cover Weds 09.00 599bcd8f0aae3_ArpegeCloudWed23Aug09_00.thumb.png.ea87586dd1e0afc6c770659f17349afc.png 15.00 599bcd9684b46_ArpegeCloudWed23Aug15_00.thumb.png.3adcef680a9eba38243191b671a03260.png

Arpege temp Weds 15.00 599bcea23270a_ArpegeTempsWed23Aug15_00.thumb.png.54b3cbc55fdfe271db48b671f8a11718.png BBC/MetOff 16.00 599bcea72bfa9_BBCMetOffWed23Aug16_00.thumb.jpg.045491aca510e7767fd7296a0a8bbd11.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

Back to 50 shades of grey cloud and the perma autumn climate now, the trend was bucked briefly over summer which was nice. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
1 hour ago, Blazerblue said:

Warm sunny blue skies and humid here this morning.

Yes , this is the best chance today of a decent hot day in August , some tentative signs of the cloud burning back from the southeast. Hopefully the bbq can make a rare appearance since early July this evening .

http://meteoradar.co.uk/clouds-sun-UK-Ireland

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Lucky you, alexis; up here, it's so dark I can't read without having the light on!:help:

Posted
34 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Lucky you, alexis; up here, it's so dark I can't read without having the light on!:help:

I assume your not home, or is beccles having its own micro climate day? Cos it's bright n sunny five miles down the road :cc_confused:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
8 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

I assume your not home, or is beccles having its own micro climate day? Cos it's bright n sunny five miles down the road :cc_confused:

I know it is, BB, I can see the back/front edge of the cloud; the weather along the East Coast must be glorious...:D

Posted

Still awful in Suffolk. Very dark and it's just started drizzling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
26 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Cloud beginning to break up along the south coast, looks like sunny Kent has been clouded over slightly.. very humid though

Still mostly sunny here, cloud is around though, but the sun hasn't been blocked for longer than a minute every now and then yet.

14 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Still mostly sunny here, cloud is around though, but the sun hasn't been blocked for longer than a minute every now and then yet.

Interesting, looks like the sea breeze is keeping it less cloudy. Sun now trying to break though here.  Although the breeze is keeping Kent cooler than the rest of the region.. Strange old weather this

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Currently 22.1c here making it the 2nd warmest day of the month so far but with mostly cloudy skies I doubt it will beat the 22.6c recorded on August 14th.

I've just gone through my daily 'ratings out of 10' for August and up to and including yesterday my index stands at 5.26/10. About as close to 'average' as it can get !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Well the sun came back out, think it was covered for about an hour, now we have ac cas around, rather than the annoying cloud. However looks like we may cloud over again soon. Looks like there may be rain in the channel.

Posted

Went to an open air pool in Hampton today , cloud has only just started to disperse .

IMG_8334.JPG

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

Posted

What a disappointing day. Dull and cloudy for most of the time, specks of drizzle in the air this morning, and the first glimpse of the sun not arriving until 15.30 (and disappearing again soon after). Max temp 20.2C. Poor effort!! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
8 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

What a disappointing day. Dull and cloudy for most of the time, specks of drizzle in the air this morning, and the first glimpse of the sun not arriving until 15.30 (and disappearing again soon after). Max temp 20.2C. Poor effort!! 

Yes BB,

It has been little better here. We have had odd glimpses of sun showing through the veil of cloud, but it has been predominately cloudy, but humid. It was not until about 17.30 hours that the sunny finally broke through after a few spots of rain. Certainly was not the day we had been promised.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 2

Posted
19 minutes ago, claret047 said:

Yes BB,

It has been little better here. We have had odd glimpses of sun showing through the veil of cloud, but it has been predominately cloudy, but humid. It was not until about 17.30 hours that the sunny finally broke through after a few spots of rain. Certainly was not the day we had been promised.

Kind Regards

Dave

Yes Dave , really disappointed today , we took a. Gamble and called off a trip to the coast today because the cloud radar did not show the promise we wanted to see . I have decided to do a BBQ tomorrow whatever maybe as I've been waiting for a hot day to come but one does not seem to be coming , that said it is a vast improvement on recent weeks and a least conditions looks predominantly dry . hooray , having said that I haven't checked the 12z runs so maybe a rude surprise awaits .

Edited by Mark wheeler

Posted

Funny thing is this time last week under the so called unsettled and changeable spelling was sunny with' 25c.

Never ceases to amaze me over on the expert thread,their obsession with 'azores ridging'? Usually ends up dull and humid.

Posted

Ah , to cap things off it now pishing down and I'm at a bus stop with my shorts and T shirt on , slates self for not checking radar :wallbash:.