Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

If the Forest of Dean is involved, I'd imagine the M48 and M49 will be natural barriers to snow... :rofl:

Posted
4 hours ago, Rich_Clements said:

blimey that seems to have come out of nowhere... although I have not really been looking closely the past few days.

Thing is with these interludes they are short sharp and disappear, and "in general" deposit sloppy white stuff, which disappear only a short time, due to the warm temps that follow so quickly. The air is still way too warm to support anything that falls as white for any length of time. A 2 day cold burst benefits only the few in the north part of our area. IMBY is for the select few.. So we move into Jan before we may see some longer spell of colder air, for the area to really benefit. Personally, watching the last few years, I love to see how everything goes back 10days, then 2weeks, then middle of next month, then end of next month, then we reach the point of "Well it's too late now as things are warming".. Winter in the UK in the current world is what is it is, full of promise and lacking delivery, and all model driven..

For those in the area, my family & I did the Byron Rd trip tonight, still not sure, but I think Brunton Rd is a whole better deal..

Apologies for the rant..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Well the depressing news is that according to catacols post in the mad thread we may have along wait until we see anything meaningful in terms of cold weather!! 

Anyway im working over Xmas and new year so Merry Xmas and a happy new year to one and all.

fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

0.7C difference between night and day temperatures! Don't normally get that sort of diurnal range at the temperatures we've had today. Can't wait for some 'weather'.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Merry Christmas to one and all :drunk-emoji::santa-emoji:

Posted
13 minutes ago, knocker said:

The Stratus has broken a tad and I've just seen a couple  of patches of blue sky :shok:

The blue patches have gone here and the rain is falling...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Continual gloom here 4 days on the bounce. At least come boxing day a brief respite of colder and clearer weather appears....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

still some interest tues night into wednesday for parts of the region for some snowfall......watching with interest

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just had a brief glimpse of the sun for the first time in several days. Other than that, same again with cloudy skies and the temperature hovering just below 10°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Just having a flick through the xmas eve models, and although they can be a little overplayed these ECM snow charts from the 00z run certainly highlight the risk of snow into Wednesday morning and again into Friday,

Weds 6am from the initial slider

IMG_3094.thumb.PNG.a5eaf11fff988fe15b38561f116cd60d.PNG

Then we get another system coming into the colder air on Friday 

Friday 9am

IMG_3095.thumb.PNG.a48df7052297cef73fac19efe192a5cc.PNG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow

Scrolling through Facebook and read an article about potential heavy snow in the south on Wednesday. I thought it was the usual over-hyped nonsense but to my amazement it looks like we have half chance down here.  Back to checking each and every run :)

Merry Christmas everyone :drunk-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Evening all, the weather's not really played ball with dreams of a white Christmas so I've been forced to seek festive solace in other ways.... Local pub in Priddy, got to get a gold star.

Happy Christmas everyone, hope you all have a great time :reindeer-emoji:

25594352_10155798938086826_7079299016458884671_n.jpg

25659459_10155798938281826_3860529227398837437_n.jpg

25591638_1233632743447517_5059187962682430715_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
40 minutes ago, jethro said:

Evening all, the weather's not really played ball with dreams of a white Christmas so I've been forced to seek festive solace in other ways.... Local pub in Priddy, got to get a gold star.

Happy Christmas everyone, hope you all have a great time :reindeer-emoji:

25594352_10155798938086826_7079299016458884671_n.jpg

25659459_10155798938281826_3860529227398837437_n.jpg

25591638_1233632743447517_5059187962682430715_n.jpg

Now that's look a good local..

Posted

OK, so I don't know about you, but with the BIG day just 5 hours away, I am sat wondering if Santa received my letter. I sent it in late November so he would get it before the Xmas rush. I asked him for a Davis VP2 with Solar & FARS, oh and a data logger. Sitting here excited. just wondering what will appear under the tree in the morning.. Can't wait..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Hello! Merry Christmas everyone. 
Dad's funeral was on Friday, it all went well. In fact, I felt extremely comfortable with the whole thing, seeing as I don't have a religious bone in me. It's made me rather philosophical of late.

Anyway, still a sad time, but I feel a huge weight has been removed from my shoulders - a sense of relief that my dad is no longer in pain, and that we can both relax, now.

It's funny how boring the weather has been and yet I haven't really paid much attention to it. I'm looking forward to some rain and wind though, and some walking trips down to the coast in the said conditions.

I hope you get your station @Dorsetbred :)

I bought myself a new phone last week, so that's my present to myself.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Already gusting to 30mph here. It's woken me up because I left the windows wide open. 

Perhaps some 50's in the evening? 

Screenshot_2017-12-25-01-23-12.thumb.png.911d7add7a4b329c44d95a17bbf889a4.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Hello! Merry Christmas everyone. 
Dad's funeral was on Friday, it all went well. In fact, I felt extremely comfortable with the whole thing, seeing as I don't have a religious bone in me. It's made me rather philosophical of late.

Anyway, still a sad time, but I feel a huge weight has been removed from my shoulders - a sense of relief that my dad is no longer in pain, and that we can both relax, now.

It's funny how boring the weather has been and yet I haven't really paid much attention to it. I'm looking forward to some rain and wind though, and some walking trips down to the coast in the said conditions.

I hope you get your station @Dorsetbred :)

I bought myself a new phone last week, so that's my present to myself.

merry christmas mapantz

Posted
14 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

OK, so I don't know about you, but with the BIG day just 5 hours away, I am sat wondering if Santa received my letter. I sent it in late November so he would get it before the Xmas rush. I asked him for a Davis VP2 with Solar & FARS, oh and a data logger. Sitting here excited. just wondering what will appear under the tree in the morning.. Can't wait..

Rushed downstairs this morning, let the dogs out and back to check under the Christmas tree......there it was.......nothing...diddly squat... so rushed outside thinking Santa might have had the time to install the items for me. Nope, nothing..... I blame a Royal Mail for obviously not delivering my letter...

Oh well, I hope you all receive the pressies  you seek.

:santa-emoji::santa-emoji:Merry Christmas to you all:santa-emoji::santa-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Merry Christmas fellow snow starved South of the M4 people :rofl:

Lets hope our fortunes change soon:santa-emoji::snowman-emoji::reindeer-emoji::drunk-emoji::cold-emoji::ball-santa-emoji::cold:

Posted

Meanwhile back to Christmas in Dorset, the wind appears to be increasing, whilst we have precipitation falling, of the typical English Xmas day, rain, even the dogs didn’t much care to go outside this morning..

Currently 10.4C (again/still) with 3.1mm of rain so far..