Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
Just now, lassie23 said:

So if the good people of bedford were threatened with being snowed in, they panic buy chips:rofl:

they must do. I like the the frozen french fries better.  I sent hubs on a mission. I said buy some things incase it snows. So he buys beer, coffee, crisps, and an extra pair of  jogging bottoms for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

The latest runs are teasing. I’m totally 50/50 about tomorrow into Monday!

But as a gambling man....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Snow conductive air will be over us by early tomorrow morning, it'll move in once the front starts to drift and die Southwards.

AP1.thumb.jpg.76afc479b5a0c4498b695a0215713162.jpgAp2.thumb.jpg.96391bc1e68c2cd357d376805bf28b95.jpg

Winds become more favourable Sunday night into Monday morning, steamer seems possible but exact positioning isn't really clear, but looks less like a Kent clipper today than it did yesterday

AP3.thumb.jpg.6b4fe8d027a830c034a459061dfaf74f.jpg

Interestingly, NetWx-SR has showers as early as tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

bit posh for bedford:whistling:

we are dead classy, but in my defense i'm not actually from Bedford. I like my chips on the beach.

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
16 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

And, just to ramp up the excitement, it's drizzling!:yahoo::yahoo:

Under -5 uppers as well, ??

only the 16 inches of snow for Spain, and a little for North Africa “Bless” ??

8C496E41-1DDF-4CE1-BF74-CCF2A66BDD67.png

Edited by shotski
  • Like 1

Posted
34 minutes ago, KentishDan said:

Us being in the South-East look likely to hang onto the colder air for the longest, the mild sectors everyone is talking about never reach our region so anything that falls out of the sky from tomorrow onwards (away from extreme coasts) will be all snow!

Looking pretty good for shower activity too.

1.thumb.gif.de0815b6ac5c558add62754e4d5502b3.gif2.thumb.gif.40bd1e39f870765158ee57079bfe93a5.gif3.thumb.gif.b455216311bff61f0e4614d2cc9aaea6.gif

They are good indeed it’s been a while since I’ve seen fax charts like for once SE England and East Anglia is the place to be for snow. 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

They are good indeed it’s been a while since I’ve seen fax charts like for once SE England and East Anglia is the place to be for snow. 

The warning out for tomorrow night for 1 to 3 cms over 100 meters seems a bit underwhelming though.

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, KentishDan said:

Agreed - Showers will turn to snow by tomorrow afternoon & possibly become heavier into the evening/overnight as a trough moves in. 

Feet of snow? No, but certainly more snow than we’ve seen so far this winter

Just a few cms will cause chaos down here. 

All worth it!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Hey my drizzle is looking a bit white sometimes here, whats all that about then? I likes it though!:yahoo::laugh:

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, snowblind said:

The warning out for tomorrow night for 1 to 3 cms over 100 meters seems a bit underwhelming though.

I agree I think it’s very conservative I’d expect that to low levels too. Much will not be clear until we it see it on the radar itself. Any streamers which potentially set up could give a lot of snow, over many hours however not falling in a wide area. 

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

I agree I think it’s very conservative. Much will not be clear until see see it on the radar itself. Any streamers which potentially set up could give a lot of snow, over many hours however not falling in a wide area. 

My BBC forecast for Norwich was forecasting sleet at 5am tomorrow; it is now forecasting cloud and +2C. Not exactly a recipe for a lot of snow, in my book?:cc_confused:

Posted

I think if you’re right on the coast subject to an onshore wind there could be more in the way of sleet Sunday night into Monday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Think we will start off with a Kent clipper and end up with a Thames streamer, NE winds becoming more ENE into Monday.

This chart looks Ok for a Thames streamer.

3.thumb.gif.b455216311bff61f0e4614d2cc9aaea6.gif

Edited by snowray
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

My BBC forecast for Norwich was forecasting sleet at 5am tomorrow; it is now forecasting cloud and +2C. Not exactly a recipe for a lot of snow, in my book?:cc_confused:

It’s looking more likely in parts of Kent maybe into East Sussex I’ve seen runs which has precip streaming in for over 24 hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

It’s looking more likely in parts of Kent maybe into East Sussex I’ve seen runs which has precip streaming in for over 24 hours.

Like this one, I’m still not totally convinced ??

6577E17D-86A0-47D6-AD90-8C071C07DED4.png

5 minutes ago, snowray said:

Hey my drizzle is looking a bit white sometimes here, whats all that about then? I likes it though!:yahoo::laugh:

I really hope we all get to see some of the white stuff.  It is an unfolding situation and I think we should have a better idea of how the shower activity is beginning to pan out later tomorrow. I would still say let's take it with caution to avoid disappointment, we could be lucky and end up with some quite heavy showers or it could just be fleeting flakes or the worse dry. Let's just sit back and see what happens good luck all ?? ?

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, shotski said:

Like this one, I’m still not totally convinced ??

6577E17D-86A0-47D6-AD90-8C071C07DED4.png

GFS precipitation charts are far from great but evident here.

9C988CA5-1BA8-42F2-8A58-B2AF4C517BB5.thumb.gif.0c62452c65717bdfcf05eb7d5dea5750.gif 24 hours later >AB476A73-B8DD-4101-A48B-01CB35885C8E.thumb.gif.a3fd746db93330ad0d58456a83f52c62.gif

Posted
2 hours ago, TN26 said:

Although I love snow I'm looking forward to popping down to Camber in the summer to see some storms coming up from France. A lot more frequent than snow but just as interesting/exciting to see

Ah a fellow postcoder..all good till you move lol.. Unless its you initials :-)