Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
14 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Was mental on top of Marlow hill when it came through, unfortunately I was making muck up so couldn't take any videos or photos but a fantastic gust front. 

Now very heavy rain the front seems to have slowed down over our region so a few hours of heavy to moderate rain to come, very wet here now 

Sounds exciting there. Here on the Green, the wind just died as soon as the rain started. Steady rain now and the wind has picked up a little bit. Hope you’re not getting too wet?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

whats the betting it hits rye at 15.00hrs just in time for the school run. since i had children i worked out why they call it the school run, its because it always rains when your at the school and you end up running to the car

Posted
1 hour ago, terryall said:

Cant be that bad as no reports of damage being posted and doesn't seem a lot of interest in here......

Few trees down here; some trains can’t run as lines blocked

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

That's all today's fun-and-games out the way, I hope...It's off Tesco in order to get damp!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

It was really strong earlier this morning - hopefully that's it for a while for wind, I now have two fence panels to repair... :( 

Posted
47 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Sounds exciting there. Here on the Green, the wind just died as soon as the rain started. Steady rain now and the wind has picked up a little bit. Hope you’re not getting too wet?!

Flat calm here too, as the front hit. We were also under the heaviest echos on the radar, so strange some areas had strong winds associated with it. Looking at local obs, the strongest winds were definitely prior to the front.

Edited by CK1981
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I got drenched when I was out as It raining heavily. In the late morning my weather app on my phone  had it forecasted as a cloudy day with no rain.

Edited by Katrine Basso
Does not make sense

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, DonnaThw said:

whats the betting it hits rye at 15.00hrs just in time for the school run. since i had children i worked out why they call it the school run, its because it always rains when your at the school and you end up running to the car

it wasn't too bad here, just hissed down as it usually does in winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Not much of a squall here, bit windy earlier now calm, very mild.

Whats next....Is our easterly blizzard still on course for D48?:D

Edited by snowray

Posted
33 minutes ago, snowray said:

Not much of a squall here, bit windy earlier now calm, very mild.

Whats next....Is our easterly blizzard still on course for D48?:D

Just watch it get watered down in future runs. I bet the high will end up over us with all the cold air heading into the south of France and Spain ?

Posted

The Met Office long range outlook screams high pressure centred over us, so I’m taking any easterly with a huge pinch of salt at the moment!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
37 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

Just watch it get watered down in future runs. I bet the high will end up over us with all the cold air heading into the south of France and Spain ?

As usual it will be wise to look out for Steve M posts, has he been posing at all? This will be the barometer as to what our chances might be like through Feb and into early March, if he's not posting then forget it.:unsure2:

Edited by snowray
  • Like 3

Posted
35 minutes ago, snowray said:

As usual it will be wise to look out for Steve M posts, has he been posing at all? This will be the barometer as to what our chances might be like through Feb and into early March, if he's not posting then forget it.:unsure2:

Oh dear, I should have kept quiet. The later frames of the 12z gfs is showing exactly what I feared.....high pressure setting up shop over us and the colder air forced south into France and Spain. Roll on spring, I’m fed up with this hopeless chasing ?

Edited by CK1981

Posted

Oh dear...the GFS must have picked up on a stray moon-filament!:D

Posted
7 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Oh dear...the GFS must have picked up on a stray moon-filament!:D

The run ends with -12 uppers in Greece. You couldn’t make it up ?

No, they move away and we get lower uppers at the end....I was too hasty!

Edited by CK1981

Posted

So sick of this rain now, seems to have done nothing much but rain and be dull all month. Just want sunny and dry, don’t care how cold or if there’s any snow just stop bleeding raining! :sorry:

Posted
4 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

The squall line just passed, blink and you missed it. Two minutes heavy rain and a long, not very powerful gust of wind. Now some more blah yuk dull rain to come. Roll on tomorrow when allegedly, it shall be sunny n dry :D

Yeah we had the same midafternoon, twice, thought it might be hail but just heavy rain. was quite windy for around an hour earlier this morning but am quite confused that apparently this storm has a name but the one a few days ago didnt even thugh it did loads of damage over this way.

• Like 2

Posted
50 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Yeah we had the same midafternoon, twice, thought it might be hail but just heavy rain. was quite windy for around an hour earlier this morning but am quite confused that apparently this storm has a name but the one a few days ago didnt even thugh it did loads of damage over this way.

That last not named storm was a lot worse around this way too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Oh, to be a southerner/..or south-eastener, given current evolutions/synoptics.

They say patience is a virtiue...and how correct this may become.

All data needs watching for exactments..but the trend-situ is good...

Edited by tight isobar
  • Like 1

Posted

Just seen my first live weather forecast in ages...the last sentence, re the weekend was telling: at least it'll be mild!

Aaaaaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhh!:help:

• Like 1

Posted

Windy all day here from around 5am. Was rainy first thing but then mostly dry until 4.15 when the squall finally made it to the far SE. Had about 3mm out of it and after it cleared both the wind and the temperature dropped (about 3c in half hour).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well that squall was pretty vicious with very strong winds and torrential rain. Otherwise pretty cloudy and windy with rain at times though it did clear late in the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

look on the bright side, it could of stayed cold and this could of all been snow. snow everywhere. 

Posted

I do hope we all see a decent cold outbreak, but I’m seriously losing faith. Since the end of November I must have read the word ‘potential’ about 1000 times in the MOD thread and look what it’s given us.....