Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion Thread 15/1/2018 onwards

Deep Snow please

Posted

Diane please go....retire.....awful woman....a kentimeter in se will cause chaos.....red met warning Monday..... at least proper cold up here and blue skies....ps the new bbc company that have taken over are awful too.... good luck with the compatibility with met office warnings....and uk transport... eeeekkk

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Well those showers have arrived and it’s icy freezing rain! Currently -1.3°C and stream rising from everything. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

I noted a patch of purple on the radar to the northwest of Manchester. Freezing rain would be about right

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
4 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

Oh dear.

Another garden path job by ECM.:yahoo:

It was clear to me last night that the spell was downgrading...hence my posts. I can spot a climb down beginning from a mile off.

Some people get far too invested however and then go into denial and start sniping at others for pointing out the downgrade.

Possible quick trop response from SSW will be last chance saloon later on in Feb. Personally I'm ready for some spring now!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, CreweCold said:

It was clear to me last night that the spell was downgrading...hence my posts. I can spot a climb down beginning from a mile off.

Some people get far too invested however and then go into denial and start sniping at others for pointing out the downgrade.

Possible quick trop response from SSW will be last chance saloon later on in Feb. Personally I'm ready for some spring now!

The cold has not downgraded though despite what you are saying, the snow potential may of lessoned somewhat but it' still rather uncertain.

The huge PV leaving Canada into the Atlantic is always a risk and today's runs have backed away from the blocking but again things can change again in the medium term.

Hopefully skies clear during sunday night because it could potentially be the coldest night of the season with a sharp frost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Lol might even be quieter , as I think I'm sticking to my motor forum as bored to death with nw ,lol

I'm here 2.06am

Posted
2 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Same here Aaron ,that's if I stick around on nw ..

Don't have a wobble on me now Mr Moki

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Same here Aaron ,that's if I stick around on nw ..

Noooo don't leave 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Today:

It will be cold and cloudy through most of the day with persistent rain across the region, perhaps turning to sleet or wet snow for a time. Maximum temperature 5 °C.

Interesting. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Today:

It will be cold and cloudy through most of the day with persistent rain across the region, perhaps turning to sleet or wet snow for a time. Maximum temperature 5 °C.

Interesting. 

sounds crap tp me chris, cold andmainly et,i would imagine any snow would be reserved for high ground and even there the ground will likely be wet rather than white.

only chance for our region is tues morning when the decaying front moves in,think it will be very light tho and most likely produce a dusting at best.

Acc to EC its going to rain thursday, and to be frank,despite the talk of a cold Feb from Exeter, all im seeing is a monster PV to our north west moving forward,as has been the case for the last number of winters.

I dont care what folk say, ECM is as prone to cock ups as any of the others, yesterday mornins 00z run seems an eternity away, i mentioned about the low disrupting to far east and the likely knock on effect, and it looks like coming to pass.

Hopefully we will see a cm or 2 from the front..

Posted

Sleet with gradually more big flakes. Should see snow at top of A624 Chunal hill on way to New Mills.

Posted

Almost 100% snow now. Moderate but nice to see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Light but steady snow here, a long way from being disruptive but sticking and certainly an improvement on this winters usual sleet and cold rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Drifting Snow, Torrential Rain, Scorching Sun.

Car driving to Manchester today from damp Shropshire. Do I pack my shovel, whistle, thermals, whiskey, snow socks, torch, tent. Is the snow deep. Will I arrive?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Snowing lightly here atm. No danger of settling snow yet though.

Posted
8 hours ago, CreweCold said:

CC, you are always looking for the end of a cold spell but what I don't get is that if you have doubts about models predicting the longetivity and depths of a spell, why do you have an obsession with CFS predictions for months ahead? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
Just now, Dexter said:

Snowing lightly here atm. No danger of settling snow yet though.

Give it chance, it probably will.

• Like 1

Posted

Metoffice seem to want to bring in milder air around Thursday next week, with rain. Still showing a spell of snow Tuesday morning though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
32 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

CC, you are always looking for the end of a cold spell but what I don't get is that if you have doubts about models predicting the longetivity and depths of a spell, why do you have an obsession with CFS predictions for months ahead? 

To be fair why should everyone conform to the cold lovers stereotype.. I'm quite neutral and don't see anyone should be castigated for suggesting there has been a downgrade relative to over inflated expectations. There has and as someone who likes all types of weather with no real preference the expectation of cold can sometimes be almost religious from the outside point of view.

*Prepares for the attacks*

• Like 2