Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted
7 minutes ago, booferking said:

Well if it cant snow on low ground with 510 dam line & -3 to -5 dew points on are shores then I'll eat my hat.

Aye but the air will be drier as it's so cold, will there be any precipitation to go with the colder air?

Posted
8 minutes ago, booferking said:

Well if it cant snow on low ground with 510 dam line & -3 to -5 dew points on are shores then I'll eat my hat.

We would require a 'live feed' of you eating your hat should this occur.

Stranger things have happened on these shores boofer

Posted
1 minute ago, mountain shadow said:

Aye but the air will be drier as it's so cold, will there be any precipitation to go with the colder air?

Coming off a modified warmer Atlantic ocean than norm i see lots of showers big temp contrast between air and ocean.

Posted

Even updated Ulster met eireann forecast is not to promising for snow tomorrow. Lengthy dry periods. I think we need to be realistic here about tonight. Yes it may snow but there don’t be much I don’t think. Still not convinced by Sunday either. Just hope I’m wrong. 

Posted
11 minutes ago, booferking said:

Coming off a modified warmer Atlantic ocean than norm i see lots of showers big temp contrast between air and ocean.

Plus the air pressure will be roughly 20 to 25mb lower than it was during Tuesday. 

Posted
11 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Even updated Ulster met eireann forecast is not to promising for snow tomorrow. Lengthy dry periods. I think we need to be realistic here about tonight. Yes it may snow but there don’t be much I don’t think. Still not convinced by Sunday either. Just hope I’m wrong. 

Jesus have a little faith lol. The warning expires at midday tomorrow, met eireann mention widespread showers tonight and becoming more isolated tomorrow. That was always expected. 

Tonight

Widespread showers will be wintry with some snow accumulations, frost icy stretches and a risk of thunder.

Tomorrow

A frosty start to Friday morning. Otherwise tomorrow will be bright and cold with wintry showers becoming more isolated and many places having long dry periods.

Edited by Sneachtastorm

Posted
26 minutes ago, booferking said:

You would think all the ingredients are there for Sunday wouldn't you but I remain unconvinced for now as to whether they have the oomph to get this far East.

12z GFS will be rolling out in an hour, so we can see what it comes up with.

Posted

Not that impressed with the GFS for tonight and Sunday.

Looks like mainly a North West thing tonight and whilst more widespread on Sunday I'm not seeing anything too exciting yet.

Posted
4 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Not that impressed with the GFS for tonight and Sunday.

Looks like mainly a North West thing tonight and whilst more widespread on Sunday I'm not seeing anything too exciting yet.

nope I cant get excited by it at all. Certainly not for the east.

Posted
44 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

nope I cant get excited by it at all. Certainly not for the east.

Just watched the BBC forecast and it showed nothing, anywhere.

Posted
4 minutes ago, ronan said:

Hopefully no abuse thrown here tonight but the creature wannabe moderator checking in here. Radar looking ok for the NW. just need temps to drop a little. 

Screenshot_2018-02-08-21-08-49.png

Ha ha.. And with temperatures will keep falling too. I'd say there may be a few surprise falls for lots in the morning... Not snow-shy Dublin mind you! Expect nothing tonight. Too warm at present anyway!

Posted
1 minute ago, Rocheydub said:

Ha ha.. And with temperatures will keep falling too. I'd say there may be a few surprise falls for lots in the morning... Not snow-shy Dublin mind you! Expect nothing tonight. Too warm at present anyway!

Surface temps etc too warm here at present as well but hopefully that will change. Hopefully you see more snow before winter is out Rochey.

Posted

Oh Jesus get over yourself. What a baby. Trying to derail thread again. Take it pm or call 111 I'm a victim for support. Anyway some of us have gotten over it and haven't made a list of what was said. For the sake of the thread I'll ignore further childish attempts from now on. And the only snowflakes I'll discuss are those falling from the sky. 

Rain has turned to sleet. 

Edited by Sneachtastorm

Posted
3 minutes ago, Sneachtastorm said:

Oh Jesus get over yourself. What a baby. Trying to derail thread again. Take it pm or call 111 I'm a victim for support. Anyway some of us have gotten over it and haven't made a list of what was said. For the sake of the thread I'll ignore further childish attempts from now on. And the only snowflakes I'll discuss are those falling from the sky. 

Rain has turned to sleet. 

Well hopefully it jaffa cakeses down over the top of your house for the rest of the winter. AS I said the other night BLA BLA BLA!!

Edited by ronan

Posted

Not one bit  showing for Sunday on forecast which is possibly why the meto have no warning out yet. Could all change but very strange considering there is some snow showing on  the models.