Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Did start dry and misty but started to rain again. Not heavy but it ain't warm by any stretch of the imagination

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Warning for snow and ice from Monday night into Tuesday. Nothing special but a few cm possible :smile:

D1C24493-13F2-460F-90A3-33094E7A32C1.thumb.jpeg.02656910e44e00f4167a2a4105d60256.jpeg

BB4FC34B-D410-462F-B5F7-C5FDD3B2FA20.thumb.jpeg.778e55e90dcf3d52f31454fddadd1057.jpeg5DE1B600-BAB4-49C3-A0C4-64C16B2119C3.thumb.jpeg.2e83cf73a448d9f1a087b42c621ded78.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
10 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

Warning for snow and ice from Monday night into Tuesday. Nothing special but a few cm possible :smile:

‘Away from coasts’ is my all-time favourite phrase.:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: mediterranean summer

Fairly miserable  day here like most days i have to say was rain earlier but has now  turned to sleet as the temps have droped from 3.5c earlier to 2.4c now nextweek looks like being very cold with severe frosts i wouldnt be surprised if we get down to -12c again like we did at christmas time

Edited by igloo

Posted
1 hour ago, Serac said:

Ok , it’s official , I can no longer handle even just lurking in the MOD thread. The levels of peculiar peacocking and TOORPage is just too much to bear. 

So if you will allow I am looking to join the Northern posse.

Entertaining  week ahead : really don’t think anyone has a handle on what may or may not pop up at short notice. Even in Queensferry the previous NW flow was enough to give decent and multiple coverings : Monday in Tuesday then Thursday night looks like deja vu. 

Bring it on.

Welcome Serac :D

• Thanks 1

Posted

Same here. Miserable and just constant. Snow line at 300m ish.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Serac said:

Ok , it’s official , I can no longer handle even just lurking in the MOD thread. The levels of peculiar peacocking and TOORPage is just too much to bear. 

299A6980-CCFE-46D4-9830-CE9198FD95CC.thumb.jpeg.c1a2b5a6ab715a1b4969229fb1490fa2.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I promise never to talk about sublimation and how it dries the ground in late winter/early spring ever again as it has rained all day and ihas been even heavier in the last half hour. Kept cows  in as neep field under water now..Currently 3c

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
2 hours ago, Serac said:

Entertaining  week ahead : really don’t think anyone has a handle on what may or may not pop up at short notice. Even in Queensferry the previous NW flow was enough to give decent and multiple coverings : Monday in Tuesday then Thursday night looks like deja vu. 

Bring it on.

Howdy. But you count as a Southerner from here :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Afternoon Peeps! Been rather a nice, but cold day up here. We currently have blue skies and a temp of  4.4c. As for the forecast snaw, I'll wait till it actually lands and stays there for more than 10 minutes! :cold:

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Monday night into Tuesday is an interesting one as it looks possible that we're going to get our most widespread covering of snow in a long time. Most folk should get about 3cm...apart from the usual suspects (sorry!).

The band of snow certainly looks heavier and more organised on the 12z GFS compared to the 6z. I hope the euro4 shows similar :smile:

• Like 1

Posted

More snaw! Had enough :p Another nice brucie bonus possibly coming up

• Like 2

Posted

February could pan out to be quite a month, not 10 foot snow drifts, but colder than average and certainly snowier for many than for a few years. Here's hoping.

• Like 6

Posted
3 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

The models look quite repetitive with reloads of cold westerly to north-westerly winds. Not everyone's idea of a cold winter but for many of us it'll do for now :)

And quite different to recent winters too, which for me at home have been pretty dull affairs.  Farmers though are not enjoying it!

Posted

I want some snow!  No measurable snow here since December and I missed that as I was out the country.   I'll bank the 3cm on Tuesday!

Edited by howham
  • Like 1

Posted

The 18z showing the band of snow a tad heavier again, even eastern areas looking good. In situations like this I think it will come down to nowcasting which can be very exciting :)

8E33778D-5148-4A58-8E67-9EABE1F28D31.thumb.png.623176beb0ea084137972966721c9348.png

7B88B5ED-F0B2-4854-BFAD-91F52E417FE2.thumb.png.06da92e3925311ef8fe4adb602624684.png

1D3B221D-6E70-466C-A611-5ADB8372D543.thumb.png.a0f8400823786b444a972276ceabcaf9.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Baltic

The Azores high coming to Scotland favour in more ways than one this winter, it's repeated push from a s/w to n/e position, pressing out the flow from Europe/East has allowed the polar maritime flows to bring in the cold uppers along with the precip that's given us the snow so far. Looking ahead to next week I see more of the same, Scotland in for a cracking week once again hopefully.

Regarding the SSW, I think the after effect at troposphere level  7-14 days later (looking more and more like an extended response from the 15th onward) I think it will be too late in winter to have an effect for the MOD / SE forum englandshire  contingent.  Oh well ?

• Thanks 1

Posted

Ah well, you enjoy your protracted winter why we in the south east enjoy our warm spring evenings, +25c sun and overnight thunderstorms in the summer :drinks:

• Like 1

Posted

Snowed from the early hours this morning until about 1pm, only really amounted to about 5cms though, started to turn a bit marginal as the precipitation weakened. 5th day with snowfall this week though, Jan in to Feb is usually a snowy transition so always good to see and happy to see another cold week ahead. 0c

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Baltic
11 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Ah well, you enjoy your protracted winter why we in the south east enjoy our warm spring evenings, +25c sun and overnight thunderstorms in the summer :drinks:

We just go on holiday for that then return awaiting the next snow fest ?

• Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, ghoneym said:

We just go on holiday for that then return awaiting the next snow fest ?

It's the folk who get reliable snow in winter as well as reliable heat and sun in summer that we're jealous of. Alps - French, Swiss, Austrian, Italian. Bloody EU, stealing the best weather.

edit - ok, not all EU countries get wonderful weather...

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 4