Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion - Post SSW - Will it turn cold?

Paul
Message added by Paul

Please only post model discussion in this thread. 

For more general chat and banter, or moans and ramps loosely around the models, please head to the banter thread:
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/86721-model-moans-ramps-and-banter/

For general weather chat including about the snow/cold chances around the country, please go to the regional threads:
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/forum/142-regional-discussions/

Thank you!

Posted

Better at t144, lows in the Atlantic more neutrally tilted, though still looks close.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*
3 minutes ago, Decemberof2010 said:

Confused.com

One post (the above) is comparing 12z ECM to other 12z models, the other post is comparing the 12z ECM to the run before (00z ECM)

Edited by Panayiotis
  • Like 2

Posted
Just now, frosty ground said:

Hmmmmm

I think considerably worse is overdoing it a lot maybe it will take more time, much less of a saggy bottom which intervened the very cold air progression west the path looks clearer here.

A3E89CEB-D751-4927-8C55-B213E1BAEDF8.thumb.gif.e960b47ce0cbb074a3d12c608193c4e0.gif9307DBF7-12ED-4079-B77D-D7E9093A2C3B.thumb.gif.3274030d415e127c6e5264d69fcfbe68.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW AND FREEZING TEMPS

168 is good . Taking the longer route ?

IMG_1571.PNG

Edited by ICE COLD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.
11 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

Yes. I have been sitting back and watching it unfold tbh. The trop response is as I would expect from this type of SSW. Still a lottery as to whether we get that deep cold that we crave, but considering the years that I have put into monitoring the strat I love seeing these types of synoptics following the SSW.

Chio - is the lottery not looking increasingly stacked in favour of cold? I’m trying to work out what could go wrong.... HP remains too far south, Atlantic fires back up... angle of block advects the cold more south than west - all possible I suppose, but the specifics of the strat forecast as we have it, and parallel conditions within GSDM assessment (not working directly against cold developments) means I’m finding the “fail” scenarios less and less likely. 

What odds do you place on the block NOT getting far enough north? This seems the greatest risk to positive results at the moment...

Edited by Catacol
  • Like 2

Posted

Very impressive looking at 192hrs, the cold air hasn't got great westward advection but the set-up is great aloft, and the colder 850hpa temps will get there come 240hrs I'm pretty sure.

Chino, lets hope for a great cold spell, given the set-up aloft, if we miss out on a period less than 3C below average, it will have been a let-down for sure IMO, that is how good things are.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

ECM is great folks it sets the stage earlier on for this.. fairly confident beast is coming!

11A3F90A-8B81-4C6F-BDD2-AF71426A43E8.thumb.png.920dac678b78ff2e7ed3770b9856e8bd.png5F2F3513-68CB-46C9-8AFF-4B2A3CA98085.thumb.png.e85ef262ab5819223ef2a33d59b57a60.png

If I was being picky I’d wish it was a few days earlier so we could enjoy a snow filled weekend. 

Edited by Ali1977
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

Yes  I agree. I would be extremely disappointed if we didn't get a notable cold spell following this SSW......but not counting chickens just yet. It's one thing forecasting this type of pattern weeks ago - it's another seeing it deliver!

this is hilarity. so are the models not up to scratch, or is the weather more unpredictable than ever?  i personally think it's flips every day atm, tomorrow we'll be back in Narnia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, warm sunny summers,
1 minute ago, chionomaniac said:

Yes  I agree. I would be extremely disappointed if we didn't get a notable cold spell following this SSW......but not counting chickens just yet. It's one thing forecasting this type of pattern weeks ago - it's another seeing it deliver!

Total respect to you strat experts for whats coming up. Its up to the weather now. If it doesnt happen then so be it but that wont make you guys wrong, how does the saying go? You can lead a horse to water.....?? 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

This ECM 12z Det run sits reasonably well with the Meto medium range forecast.

I think this run will be well supported in the 12z Eps later.

• Like 2