Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Morning All, as others have noted last nights’ change in direction of the airflow and increase in wind certain shifted the temperatures away from being a cool night! Currently 10.7 °C, sunny yet partly cloudy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Quite tropical compared to recent mornings at nearly 10C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Warmest it has been at this time of the morning for quite a while. 11C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Stress with we are moving, we aren’t moving to back to moving again, not been online for a couple of weeks, what did I miss? Other than a hard/not hard frost? 

hopefully not too windy tonight, I’ve bought 5 mother n father of all Rockets  I’ve bought them for me, not the other side of Upton ?

AA87EEE3-6D40-49FD-A55A-FEB63BA4E6B2.thumb.jpeg.64e9a5c975c370fa2185cd43438869b7.jpeg

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

So after that rapid rise in temperature yesterday evening it never dropped below the 11.1°C it was at midnight. Mostly cloudy and breezy now. 12.9°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
3 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

Stress with we are moving, we aren’t moving to back to moving again, not been online for a couple of weeks, what did I miss? Other than a hard/not hard frost? 

hopefully not too windy tonight, I’ve bought 5 mother n father of all Rockets  I’ve bought them for me, not the other side of Upton ?

AA87EEE3-6D40-49FD-A55A-FEB63BA4E6B2.thumb.jpeg.64e9a5c975c370fa2185cd43438869b7.jpeg

I've just spent £550 at Galactic fireworks this year lol

My dad always used to put on a display in the garden every year when me, my bro and sis were kids. He absolutely loved doing it and I used to get so excited! So, in his honour, i've decided to have a display in the garden for the rest of my family/nephews etc. My neighbours are going to hate me, as several of them are the loudest fireworks you can purchase outside of a display.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

I've just spent £550 at Galactic fireworks this year lol

My dad always used to put on a display in the garden every year when me, my bro and sis were kids. He absolutely loved doing it and I used to get so excited! So, in his honour, i've decided to have a display in the garden for the rest of my family/nephews etc. My neighbours are going to hate me, as several of them are the loudest fireworks you can purchase outside of a display.

90 mins and this bad boy is going up. Not much rain recently. Might be a one match job.

IMG_20181103_161944627.thumb.jpg.c25765d10840eead1f64ff614e61f327.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, jtay said:

90 mins and this bad boy is going up. Not much rain recently. Might be a one match job.

Now that's a bonfire! I'd love one, but I don't have anywhere to have one of those. Make sure you get some pictures when you've lit it.

Posted
19 minutes ago, jtay said:

Kinda depends on the "when", if it's tonight you looking good. If it's Monday then you will need some assistance in the form of some inflammable liquids to assist your quest....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Already pretty dark this evening thanks to the mostly cloudy sky. Not going to the fireworks malarkey down the road, as I always seem to snag an acceptable view from the comfort of my home :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
26 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Already pretty dark this evening thanks to the mostly cloudy sky. Not going to the fireworks malarkey down the road, as I always seem to snag an acceptable view from the comfort of my home

Used to do that where I used to live, the local display was in the park which was almost next to our house so the family just went upstairs and watched from the window. Perfect vantage point. 

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Now that's a bonfire! I'd love one, but I don't have anywhere to have one of those. Make sure you get some pictures when you've lit it.

Here you go Mapantz...

IMG_20181103_181001661.thumb.jpg.b7e3b93bdeef0a3e04826b6ac1b8254c.jpgIMG_20181103_181223001_BURST000_COVER_TOP.thumb.jpg.d90332839b67c6c220f01d6e06d383b0.jpgIMG_20181103_181500571.thumb.jpg.2058c0699ee03ce9a79064424ff35c9c.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Showery rain but quite mild still at 11C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all, soggy and warm here. Facebook chose to remind me what was happening on this day in 2012, looking at my garden now, still with summer bedding and roses in flower, it's quite a surreal reminder of what things could be like at this time of year.

536441_10151272779006826_811349748_n.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Wet and miserable here, rain is pulsing just east of north all across us.

Prompted by your photo, jethro, I looked back at my photos for 4/11/12 and this was what I found!  View from my bedroom window timed at 13.25.

P1000289 (800x600).jpg

• Like 2

Posted

6.0mm from this mornings rain. Dry and cloudy now with the sun starting to break through. 12.3°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Right, I'm bored of this weather now...  Change please!

• Like 1

Posted

A very miserable day for the most part. Moderate rain this morning, turning back to persistent drizzle, all totalling 12.4mm. It's stopped now, thankfully. Temp 11.7°C.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Heads up for next Friday night into early Saturday lol.

IMG_3162.PNG

Not a sniff of those icons for my location - to be expected.

Posted
35 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Heads up for next Friday night into early Saturday lol.

IMG_3162.PNG

Yes and it was showing me that for Wednesday the other day. Bull$#!\ 

On 02/11/2018 at 13:53, CheesepuffScott said:

image.thumb.png.eec53439435e98f36311ca05d09d79de.png

Another forecast for thunder that will end up disappearing in a few hours like last time :)

Posted
3 hours ago, Mapantz said:

A very miserable day for the most part. Moderate rain this morning, turning back to persistent drizzle, all totalling 12.4mm. It's stopped now, thankfully. Temp 11.7°C.

Wow you did well with that much rain fall, all though as the radar showed the heavier rain dodged just to the west of today, leaving it murky and damp, but less prone o heavier rainfall. Mind you MATT has picked up some decent rainfall, I need to go check my trusty steed to see where we are at today.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes I wasn’t expecting much but ended up with a half decent total. Dry all afternoon and once the wind dropped it didn’t feel that cold. 

Posted

The neighbours will be pleased!

20181104_222049.thumb.jpg.6ff2b0d9d299c29cc65d0a9eac8f0a3b.jpg

I can't believe how big they are, the photo doesn't do it justice. The two big cakes at the front have a kilo of gunpowder each lol

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 5