Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/01/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Hooray, the sunshine has returned this morning. 

The low was 7.5°C at: 06:19... it is currently 11.2°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
14 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Karlos, similar to you but my garden suffers from Chafer bugs, and plan to use Nematodes to remove then. Big issue is the supply has arrived late, so most are now fully grown. So what you say, well the moral of this is that it's better to apply this in the Autumn rather than the spring I think (of course the view is mine and we have many gardening folks on here, who will probably disagree). Amywayz..given you will have a limited window to apply these as their use by date is usually fairly short, with next weeks daytime temps in the mid to upper teens and night temps down to around 7C, unless we get a frost I think you just have to apply it as early as you can as the day temps warn up..I plan to apply mine this week as it has just arrived today..

Hi Dorset, My Nematodes arrived on Friday and they are in the fridge. I also plan to do it this week, as you say the weather looks good with nights not dropping below 7 or 8C. 

seems the best time to apply is in the evening from what I’ve been reading?

Good luck with yours, I hope you manage to salvage your lawn.

Posted
46 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Hi Dorset, My Nematodes arrived on Friday and they are in the fridge. I also plan to do it this week, as you say the weather looks good with nights not dropping below 7 or 8C. 

seems the best time to apply is in the evening from what I’ve been reading?

Good luck with yours, I hope you manage to salvage your lawn.

Just one thing, with it being so dry you will need to water ater you have applied unless we get lucky for a drop rain, which only looks possible towards the end of the week..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Back to warm and sunny again today with blue skies and a light breeze. 17.3°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Sunny and warm, 17.9°C

Posted

What a grand day in paradise, with the light breeze and warm sun I was able to complete the conservatory spring cleansing, so the out side and the inside are now done. amazing, It''s always a long job, with the pressure washer and internally a window but hey ho I'm there.. A peak of  20.6°C at: 15:35...helped my get through the chore.. and the lack of breeze meant is has been really pleasant in the garden..Rh has dropped to current  43 %, Humidex 19.3°C

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

A high of 18.5°C at: 16:17.. very pleasant out in the garden compared to Friday and yesterday.

Posted

As the fax charts predicted an nice trough over the Brest peninsula, but it unfortunately veers away from us as time goes on..

1904image.JPG

image.thumb.png.c4b33a5e313bae737e2c5bf6a2509f00.png

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Made it to 19.2°C today.

The forecast is showing gusts of 22mph right now. I can confirm that it is not, it's absolutely dead calm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny all day with blue skies and a light breeze. Reached 18.3°C, currently 12.3°C

Posted

Another fine, sunny and warm afternoon, although feeling a touch cooler out in the breeze.. the overnight low was 5.8°C at: 06:03... and we are up to 19.3°C this afternoon.

Posted

Sunny with blue skies again but feels a bit cooler with a stronger breeze than yesterday even though the temperatures slightly higher. 18.4°C

Posted

As noted the Rh was quite some way down with it's lowest point at 32%, and a temperature peak of 21.1°C at: 16:08 with just that nagging breeze to keep things cool..Lets hope the skies stay clear for 10pm Starlink crossing..as it chugs up the Bristol Channel..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
22 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Just saw that line of starlink satellites cross the sky. Very bizarre!

Plans for 40,000 of these satellites many angry people at permanent affect it will have on the night sky.

Posted
15 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Cloud could spoil the party, not much chance of seeing the satellites here.

Yes, I was checking just now and the cloud seems to be increasing..

Posted

Providing it stays clear here, where am I looking for the crossing? From the NW heading east, or? 

13.0°C after a high of 19.4°C

Posted

We're back inside, already. Brr the wind! Didn't see a lot, even with a good view towards the west, and directly overhead - cloud came to spoil the party it seems.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Beautiful day but the wind increased as the day wore on rather than the expected reverse.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I saw 1.

Nothing like last night, where around 12 went by with hardly a gap between them.

Took a picture of Venus on my phone instead:

20200420_215609.thumb.jpg.8baca9bc7c8ced1393b67128bd99c8db.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Morning, another sunny start start after a low of 8.0°C at: 06:07... currently 8.9°C

Posted

Sunny with blue skies again and feeling warmer with a lighter breeze. 19.8°C

Edited by matt111