Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
48 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Further news from France

A Disneyland Paris maintenance worker tested positive for coronavirus over the weekend.

The company confirmed the positive test in a statement - and said is now checking other staff.

The theme park will remain open for now, it added.

Doesn't sound like it should be open to me, considering the over 1000 people ban. 

• Like 2

Posted

Looks like a Bill Gates backed program will soon be issuing home testing kits for all residents of Seattle.

I would really like one of those, not gonna lie!

Edited by Azazel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Has anyone thought of just how many folks cross paths in major railway stations? Think of London Bridge and London Liverpool St et. al., between, say, 7 and 10 a.m., on a normal weekday morning!:shok:

Edited by General Cluster

Posted
1 hour ago, Weather-history said:

I wonder what is going on in North Korea? 

Probably all been shot so they can claim nobody died of the virus.

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, Donegal said:

This aged well

Note well!

4th of March, he is calling it corona virus.

9th of March, it is the Wuhan virus!

This is clearly an intentional act by the US republicans.  They know their non centralised health system is going to be an absolute car crash with this and they are clearly trying to lay the blame at the door of the Chinese before they lose control. If Americans can not see their politicians for what they are after this then i despair.

In Exeter over the weekend, we had three separate incidents where Asians (two sets of students and a taxi driver) were assaulted and the assailants accused them of bringing the corona virus with them.  Now these are you basic Saturday evening drunken dick heads, but i'd still think the UK would be above this.  The US however, i would really not want to be an American Asian in the coming few months.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
9 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

Has anyone thought of just how many folks cross paths in major railway stations? Think of London Bridge and London Liverpool St et. al., between, say, 7 and 10 a.m., on a normal weekday morning!:shok:

It's the same thinking of all the people at all the schools today, it just takes one person to past it on to maybe 400 kids (here) which then past it on to their parents/grandparents that then go to work and 

Stop it Dami. You know better.

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Iran have announced 595 new cases and 43 new deaths

Total 7,161 cases and 237 deaths

I think the number is a lot worse then reported considering how bad it is at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Regarding the US congressman above. Several others were at the same event:

Attendees include Rep. Matt Gaetz, who recently mocked the outbreak by wearing a gas mask to the funding vote. It's reported that Nigel Farage also was there. 

• Like 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, Nick L said:

So today's COBRA meeting will consider options. I fully expect a further meeting in a few days to consider the considerations. Then a final meeting to implement watered down versions of the considerations.

It is such a difficult dilemma for any government to take.  If they shut down well nigh everything it would at least delay things. On the flip side there would be many who would have no income so could not buy food and other essentials even if they were available. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, Yarmy said:

Regarding the US congressman above. Several others were at the same event:

Attendees include Rep. Matt Gaetz, who recently mocked the outbreak by wearing a gas mask to the funding vote. It's reported that Nigel Farage also was there. 

That explains the gas mask, then!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Sporting events likely to continue as normal in the UK

Sporting events in Britain are unlikely to be affected by coronavirus in the immediate future, says Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden. Governing bodies and broadcasters will meet with government officials later on Monday to discuss the staging of events behind closed doors if the outbreak worsens and mass gatherings are banned.

Dowden told BBC Radio 5 Live: "At this stage we're not in the territory of cancelling or postponing events." He added fans should not be barred.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/51777154

Posted
3 hours ago, Bristle boy said:

With the oil price plummeting and stocks in freefall, companies will really start to feel the heat.

Jobs will be lost. Worrying development.

Anyone want to bet on how long it'll take before 'someone' invades Iran, afterall, everytime that the oil prices plummet some oil rich middle east country invades another, and low and behold oil prices race back up...   Plus Iran will probably be a real easy target right now what with all the government politicians becoming infected and some dying, there wouldn't be much in the way for coordination and I doubt their army is going to be 'magically free' from infection either.

Posted
2 hours ago, Weather-history said:

I wonder what is going on in North Korea? 

2 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

Good question...

Hard to believe the virus won't have landed there too..

2 hours ago, weirpig said:

Many experts think they are struggling   hence  the Missile tests 

Do not be surprised if we start to see more sabre rattling by various countries over the next few weeks/months.

This is going to cause a good deal of political upheaval. Populations in western democracies are not used to feeling threatened. Populations in totalitarian states are already resentful without something like this lighting the blue touch paper. Courtesy of 2008, there has been the inevitable rise of populist politics and a dwindling of tolerance to others. Iran is in a mess, Turkey had an attempted coup only 4 years ago, it is election year in the US.  Expect to see the likes of Russia, Nato, China, India and Pakistan increasing military exercises. Tis the 70/80's all over again.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
4 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Seems to be  a number of flights in and out of Venice at the moment. 

2F336144-3154-412B-BB8B-C7905DD9BC1C.png

The lockdown doesn't affect airlines yet

Posted
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

The lockdown doesn't affect airlines yet

Kinda a pointless lock down then really unless the onward country forceably puts them into a quarantine for 2 weeks, I mean it will help Italy but does nothing for the rest of us!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
6 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Seems to be  a number of flights in and out of Venice at the moment. 

2F336144-3154-412B-BB8B-C7905DD9BC1C.png

Apparently roads are running freely in and out of the "quarantined" regions too. It seems that the Italian version of a quarantine is very different to elsewhere.

• Like 3

Posted

As has probably been posted elsewhere some things at Aldi are not selling quickly.  Shelves are better stocked than most Monday mornings. 

1CFD7353-E518-4E39-BEC0-A927025350E1.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
6 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

A member of staff at Disneyland Paris has tested positive for coronavirus

Yep i know a maintenance night shift worker, I am going in June i can see that been cancelled