Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer

UKV Wednesday morning

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Outdoors, Plant, Rainforest, Tree, Vegetation

Edited by mattrout92
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snowy winters, pleasently warm summers without the extremes
2 hours ago, keithlucky said:

I don't think LP has enough strength to bulldoze it way across way good chance of snow.Thursday heavy snow turning to rain  but thats a long way off.

Thursday into Friday morning bears best chance of snow here in northern regions imo. Even the MO is now finally indicating at least sleet for my area. Today/tonight's cold front may bring snow showers to higher elevations but for us 'lowlanders' it's more likely ice causing problems in the morning. Happy to be proven wrong though!

Posted

This cold snap will have its work cut out. Milder again this morning. I'm sure Andy is right though. It's on its way. Snow spoon at the ready. 

Edited by Coilspring
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

9 degrees here today !!

Posted
26 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

9 degrees here today !!

the cold front is migrating its way south from Scotland - the colder air will be behind that front 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer

Here we go, game on!

Could contain: Chart, Plot, File, Map, Face, Head, Person

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
1 hour ago, PompeyFC said:

the cold front is migrating its way south from Scotland - the colder air will be behind that front 

Yep there's quite a few heavy showers around today too

Posted

Headline

Ice and some snow leading to difficult travel conditions in places.

What to expect

Some roads and railways likely to be affected with longer journey times by road, bus and train services

Some injuries from slips and falls on icy surfaces

Probably some icy patches on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths

Further details

A band of rain will edge southwards through the course of Monday evening and early Tuesday, this rain turning to snow on hills and perhaps to lower levels in places. Many areas will see little or no accumulations of snow, but 1 to 2 cm could settle in some spots, most likely over high ground and southern parts of the warning area. The rain and snow is then expected to turn light and patchy as it slowly clears southern England on Tuesday. As skies clear overnight, ice is also likely to form readily on untreated surfaces.

Posted
8 hours ago, WINTRY WALES said:

Here Here! Good to have a bit of enthusiasm but not crazy lies that fool people. Unfortunately, as nearly always, It doesnt look great for us Welsh (Especially southerners) but you never know we could be in for a small window of surprise but no need to go stock piling food

so you don't think we're not gonna get any warnings which have now gone up for all of Wales pretty much!

Posted
9 hours ago, Welsh_Weather said:

Please stop Andy, we all love your enthusiasm but this is getting tiresome now. The big writing and the Daily Express type posts are not helping. What upgrades keep coming? The chart you posted there doesn’t have any snow for South Wales and only a dusting for Mid and North Wales. There’s nothing wrong with a little ramping but some people come here for some genuine info and what you are providing is complete nonsense. Your posts were deleted in the model thread for good reason because you were telling people to stock up food for 3 weeks! Seriously?? Also, patience isn’t what we need when wanting snow at this time of year, it’s pretty much now or moving on to next winter. We might very well get some snow this week, a few flakes/dusting/decent covering for a day or two but definitely not worthy of clearing the supermarket shelves at a time where some supplies are already limited. 

If you don't mind I'd rather take care of me and my wife the way I think they should be protected against the elements and where we live ok!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Posted

Looking good guys , I work in Brecon so the commute weds and Thurs may not be possible ! 

Also can we be nice , some will have a lot more snow than others due to their location so need to prepare! I've just sent the hubby for the usual bread , milk and potato run 😂 maybe it's time to get excited! 

Ps  I've seen rain forecast many of times that have turned into whiteout snow days transport and schools closed etc ! 

The valleys are a different kettle of fish 👍🏼

• Like 4

Posted
32 minutes ago, andymusic said:

so you don't think we're not gonna get any warnings which have now gone up for all of Wales pretty much!

Not enough to require stock piling of food......but I damn wish you were right!! Heres hoping we get something disruptive

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snowy winters, pleasently warm summers without the extremes
27 minutes ago, andymusic said:

If you don't mind I'd rather take care of me and my wife the way I think they should be protected against the elements and where we live ok!!!!!!!!

Must agree here - it's simply sensible to be prepared at any time, in winter even more so! My wife grew up and lived for many years in an off-grid cottage and to this day we continue to keep in plenty of stock of non-perishables, flour, pasta, rice, salt etc and rotate them periodically. Additional fresh goods can then be got at shorter notice. And not to forget extra fire wood and anthracite for our old trusted AGA (or else we have to bathe in cold water!😉) Good luck to you all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.
10 minutes ago, Wetterfrosch said:

Must agree here - it's simply sensible to be prepared at any time, in winter even more so! My wife grew up and lived for many years in an off-grid cottage and to this day we continue to keep in plenty of stock of non-perishables, flour, pasta, rice, salt etc and rotate them periodically. Additional fresh goods can then be got at shorter notice. And not to forget extra fire wood and anthracite for our old trusted AGA (or else we have to bathe in cold water!😉) Good luck to you all!

Probably turn out to be mostly sleety rain around these parts (hopefully).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tips

Forecast model: ECMWF 9km
Provider: ECMWE
Updated 3h 11m ago
Next update expected at: 19:39, 
Update interval: 6- 7 hrs
Reference time: 2023-03-06T06:00:00Z

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow.

Queue my incoming posts moaning about living on the coast. Ha.

Those who do get some, be safe and enjoy! 😁

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
1 hour ago, andymusic said:

You do that Andy, and that’s fine if YOU want to stock up, but last week you were telling people in the Mod thread to buy a 4x4 and stock up for 3 weeks. That is not looking after you and your wife that is telling people to do something totally unnecessary. My main point was to stop writing like the Daily Mail/Express. That’s the reason your posts were deleted from the thread. Like I said in my original post, we all love your enthusiasm and most of the time it’s great fun but the huge font and warnings of “copious amounts of snow” are a bit too much. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW
5 minutes ago, Welsh_Weather said:

You do that Andy, and that’s fine if YOU want to stock up, but last week you were telling people in the Mod thread to buy a 4x4 and stock up for 3 weeks. That is not looking after you and your wife that is telling people to do something totally unnecessary. My main point was to stop writing like the Daily Mail/Express. That’s the reason your posts were deleted from the thread. Like I said in my original post, we all love your enthusiasm and most of the time it’s great fun but the huge font and warnings of “copious amounts of snow” are a bit too much. 

You mean I didn’t need to buy that Range Rover?

• Like 5

Posted

Heavy snow Wednesday in South wales ,from Channel low hope we have a bit of luck  hope no correction southwards 

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Outdoors, Text, Nature

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Heavy snow Wednesday in South wales ,from Channel low hope we have a bit of luck  hope no correction southwards 

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Outdoors, Text, Nature

looks interesting - detail now starting to show itself lol

Posted
41 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

You mean I didn’t need to buy that Range Rover?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 of course, it will come in handy one winter. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW
2 minutes ago, Welsh_Weather said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 of course, it will come in handy one winter. 

Thank goodness, thought I had been led up the garden path for a second. Let the white gold commence!

• Like 1