Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
22 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Heavy snow Wednesday in South wales ,from Channel low hope we have a bit of luck  hope no correction southwards 

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Outdoors, Text, Nature

The only caveat is a channel low is so fickle that even 20-30 mile movement can change everything.  However, nice to see one as they are rare as rocking horse poo lol 

• Like 2

Posted

GEM  run by friday..

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Bear, Mammal, Wildlife, Face, Person

I think this is overdoing it abit but very interesting GEM run..

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Bear, Mammal, Wildlife, Face, Person

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

I'm calling it now...there will be a little snow to lowest levels early Wednesday but will quickly turn to rain apart from the beacons highest levels. Will fizzle out and turn  into a grey cold drizzly day

And by the weekend it will turn very wet with gales and rain

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.
17 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

I'm calling it now...there will be a little snow to lowest levels early Wednesday but will quickly turn to rain apart from the beacons highest levels. Will fizzle out and turn  into a grey cold drizzly day

And by the weekend it will turn very wet with gales and rain

But I've been told to stock up on supplies and get the 4x4 out!! 🤣🤣

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, Bartlett High said:

But I've been told to stock up on supplies and get the 4x4 out!! 🤣🤣

For the love of god, go buy all the milk and bread you can find man. You know you’ll regret it otherwise.

and….be careful what you get out in the snow. That’s risky business. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, Cwmbran Eira said:

For the love of god, go buy all the milk and bread you can find man. You know you’ll regret it otherwise.

and….be careful what you get out in the snow. That’s risky business. 

Better off stocking up on paddle boards for when the roads are flooded, looks a fair amount of rain later in the week!

• Like 1

Posted

I pretty much lurk and follow this thread through the year,have done for years and years, and enjoy the Banter, friendliness and fun it holds, but today it has felt a bit off.

Personally, Andy, I love your enthusiasm and hope. Don't change what you do. They always have the ignore button available. 

In previous years when you have been quiet i have become quietly concerned for your whereabouts. Your very loud ramping, with a lot of hope and fairy dust, wishing for the white gold, is what keeps this thread alive at times. Granted I take a lot of what you say with a bucket of salt from the grit bins that are seldom used around here. I use what you say, along with Keith and the mad thread to read between the lines of the met office. If people take what you say as gospel then they need to look elsewhere. Obviously you, living in the mountains, will be very different to those in Swansea with their personal snow shield for example. Wales is quite a large country really, with a varied landscape. 

Saying this, hoping to see a few flakes myself but then Winter can do one and the Spring sunshine can bring out the flowers and we can look forward to the weather of the BBQ. My Gas bill could do with a respite. 

Good luck to all those that want to see some snow, and good luck to those that don't.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
5 hours ago, Wetterfrosch said:

Must agree here - it's simply sensible to be prepared at any time, in winter even more so! My wife grew up and lived for many years in an off-grid cottage and to this day we continue to keep in plenty of stock of non-perishables, flour, pasta, rice, salt etc and rotate them periodically. Additional fresh goods can then be got at shorter notice. And not to forget extra fire wood and anthracite for our old trusted AGA (or else we have to bathe in cold water!😉) Good luck to you all!

While not as in the outer reaches as  @Wetterfrosch or @andymusic, in this rural corner of Wales, I too, judiciously stock up on fire wood , candles, non perishables.  Going through my netweather contributions I see that feb 2014 we had no power for about 45 hours so cooking on the woodburner and it was staples.  Not saying it even going to be that bad but, being an earthling of  61 years, living in countries where power and water  fluctuate, ya live and learn.

Edited by snefnug
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Come on the snowwww!! I’ve been Andy brainwashed and bought every pot  noodle and cans of Stella in Cwmbran 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

We have snow and settling somewhat well didn t quite expect this..

Needs to make up for the most snowless year on record so far..

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

6 4C and raining atm but that was expected.

I am struggling to see any real snow low down close to the coast, hope im wrong but we rarely get snow here, 2018 being the last time anything more than 1cm fell and nothing on the ground last few years. 

I just don't see this cold spell being cold enough this time of year for us costal locations. 

Expecting the worst, hoping for the best as usual lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snowy winters, pleasently warm summers without the extremes

Rain has now stopped here, temperature down to 3.1 C. Nearly full moon shimmering through a layer of altostratus clouds and illuminating Crib Nantlle which is clear of clouds and has snow cover above somewhere between 400 and 500 m asl. May well be as good as it gets for round here, but not ruling out a light snow shower tomorrow or some more beefy but short lived snow prior to reverting back to rain Thursday. We'll see!

Posted

White out Conditions here ... ain't seen anything like it since the last time I dropped the Flour container on the kitchen floor . It's gone everywhere..anyway back to the forecast ...its a coming 

I think !!!!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Afrayedknot said:

White out Conditions here ... ain't seen anything like it since the last time I dropped the Flour container on the kitchen floor . It's gone everywhere..anyway back to the forecast ...its a coming 

I think !!!!

big lol

Posted
6 hours ago, DeepSnow said:

6 4C and raining atm but that was expected.

I am struggling to see any real snow low down close to the coast, hope im wrong but we rarely get snow here, 2018 being the last time anything more than 1cm fell and nothing on the ground last few years. 

I just don't see this cold spell being cold enough this time of year for us costal locations. 

Expecting the worst, hoping for the best as usual lol.

A fall of snow on it's way a couple of cms Wednesday  as a front pushes North then rain Thursday for us staying as snow Longer in north Wales with 5cms ,before turning back to rain.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Still don't know what's going to happen, all snow removed from the met office automated forecast yet the UKV clearly shows alot of snow tonight.

Just seen met forecast snow on it's way tonight 2cms to 4cms possible no mention of rain ,milder air Thursday with rain.

Could contain: Chart, Plot

Edited by keithlucky
  • Thanks 1

Posted

snowing here now lol YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

too wet to stick at the mo - but snowing moderately here now

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

A little sleet here. I see the beacons have had a covering