Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
1 minute ago, snefnug said:

Can someone who is more techsavvie than me post a chart as to potential weather over wales for next 24 hours?  

Ok …rain

Posted

Andy ok?? Good blast this last 24 hrs much better than I thought and he gave it a good a shout FairPlay! Come on Andyyyyyy when’s the next?? This winter or next?

Posted

Well, to be fair, it's been a great day of snowy weather for me in Ogmore Vale. The snow overnight was much better than expected, it's just a shame this afternoon's intensity didn't last a little longer. Looks like that's it now until the next system comes in overnight, but I'm not expecting much (if anything) from that here in South Wales. Attention now turns to mid and North Wales - enjoy!

Posted
1 hour ago, Cwmbran Eira said:

Well…. After 20 hours of snowfall…umm….I have hardly any snow🤣🤣.

i know I’ll wind a few up but….COME ON!!!! That is a shocker🤣.

I’ll be dreaming of sun, warm breeze and long evenings tonight. 

I know you somehow missed quite a bit your way. Most frustrating one I remember for that was February (?) 2012 I think...a Saturday. Snowed pretty heavily from early hours through to late at night, and after an initial dusting, just nothing. Meanwhile just over the bridge in England all the way down to London, they were buried. That was a kicker for me... 

Quite happy with what we got - but obviously doesn't quite make up for particularly for two winters on the spin without anything significant. Roll on the next chance. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, RhysWales said:

I know you somehow missed quite a bit your way. Most frustrating one I remember for that was February (?) 2012 I think...a Saturday. Snowed pretty heavily from early hours through to late at night, and after an initial dusting, just nothing. Meanwhile just over the bridge in England all the way down to London, they were buried. That was a kicker for me... 

Quite happy with what we got - but obviously doesn't quite make up for particularly for two winters on the spin without anything significant. Roll on the next chance. 

I remember that well. February 4th 2012. Started off as snow in -1ºC and then turned to rain, while most of England had a fantastic snow event.

• Like 1

Posted
15 hours ago, snefnug said:

Well, radar show snow, but no snow here as yet, but forecast show heavy snow later which is at least 12 hours earlier than forecast.  @andymusic, how’s it with you?

Good grief folks that’s a lorra lorra snow!

had plenty here so I'm a happy forecaster lol

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, blackrose73 said:

I remember that well. February 4th 2012. Started off as snow in -1ºC and then turned to rain, while most of England had a fantastic snow event.

That's the one! Used to work night shifts and spent all day sat there praying it would get me the night off 😂

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun

OK weather gurus .... I've just looked ahead at our local forecast for next Tuesday. And I'm shocked ... what's this about ? Real snow ❄️

Could contain: Electronics, Mobile Phone, Phone, Text

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snowy winters, pleasently warm summers without the extremes
5 hours ago, dyl232 said:

Im in the yellow warning area  for tomorrow in the north,,. but all i can see happening here is rain/ sleet at best… Snow 150m and above i’d say… enjoy whoever gets some! ❄️ 

That would just be our (bad) luck but for once I am little bit more optimistic for the next couple of days. Dewpoints are negative and with easterly winds ahead of the front likely to remain low, temps not much above freezing and evaporative cooling will help to keep them low, at least for a few hours. MetO forecast for Penygroes toggles between light snow and sleet a.m. before turning to rain p.m. but amazingly shows heavy snow again Friday a.m. 😲 So, all might not be lost in the kingdom of Gwynedd!?!😉

• Like 1

Posted

Just of 2 bed and I can say it's ❄️  again ,very light and temperature at 0.5c .❄️ has still stuck around especially on s and grass but roads were clear all day with slush. Looking forward into Friday ..we could get more ..you never know .I bet @andymusic didn't have as much as he wished for ...otherwise he would be in here Ramping ...also that money he bought for 3 weeks supply ...lmfao . Hes a good wamper though .loves his posts ,but unfortunately they dont ever materielise. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun

This mornings data 

Temp 2.8 degrees

Wind ENE 6.7 mph (av)

Wind chill -0.1

Baro absolute 29.09 inHg

Dp 1.3 

No precipitation 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/blizzard
4 hours ago, Wetterfrosch said:

That would just be our (bad) luck but for once I am little bit more optimistic for the next couple of days. Dewpoints are negative and with easterly winds ahead of the front likely to remain low, temps not much above freezing and evaporative cooling will help to keep them low, at least for a few hours. MetO forecast for Penygroes toggles between light snow and sleet a.m. before turning to rain p.m. but amazingly shows heavy snow again Friday a.m. 😲 So, all might not be lost in the kingdom of Gwynedd!?!😉

It’s looking heavy on the radar, but very small flakes blowing in the wind here lol. What is it like over there?

yeah it does look good tomorrow morning 😃

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Snowing heavily this morning. Currently a couple of inches fibbing snow, don’t think we are going anywhere for a while.  Snuggles back under duvet with a cuppa tea next to sleeping and snoring cat and husband.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Enjoy it to those who have a decent snowfall today..for the rest of us it's back to normality....oh wait blackwood comprehensive school are still closed "due to continued dangerous conditions" another day off for the kids 🙄🙄🙈🙈

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Should be seasonal!

Another good effort overnight and still coming down, 24 hours of continuous snow now. Good few inches where it settled yesterday and several cm level fall from overnight, 8/10!!

Only question now is how long it lasts before turning to rain. 

Could contain: Outdoors, Building, Shelter, Nature, Weather, Plant, Tree, Snow, Fire Hydrant, Hydrant

• Like 2

Posted

Snowing heavy here for about an hour and it’s stuck. Kids school closed.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Daft cat and snow. 

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Winter, Chair, Furniture, Weather, Snow, Blizzard, Storm

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature, Winter, Blizzard, Snow, Storm, Weather, Plant, Tree

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Furniture, Table, Winter, Dining Table, Snow, Scenery, Weather, Ice

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
11 minutes ago, snefnug said:

Daft cat and snow. 

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Winter, Chair, Furniture, Weather, Snow, Blizzard, Storm

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature, Winter, Blizzard, Snow, Storm, Weather, Plant, Tree

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Furniture, Table, Winter, Dining Table, Snow, Scenery, Weather, Ice

Great pictures - your cat’s got the right idea though!   Heavy intermittent rain here.  All trace of snow vanished.  Miserable morning for a journey….

Posted

Ooh we’ve just gone Amber.   Took them blinking long enough!

Could contain: File, Webpage, Chart, Plot

• Like 3

Posted

Rhayader is actually just outside that, looking out the window at the moment should be in it I think! 

6 inches on the lawn which includes yesterday's snow, 4 inches on hard surfaces which didn't collect any yesterday - still coming down hard.. 

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snowy winters, pleasently warm summers without the extremes
2 hours ago, dyl232 said:

It’s looking heavy on the radar, but very small flakes blowing in the wind here lol. What is it like over there?

yeah it does look good tomorrow morning 😃

Steady snowfall here, mostly more on the lighter side but getting heavier now. And would you believe it, it's even settling although still rather thin and patchy. 😃 i see we have now an amber warning from the MetO for upland NWales where the snow might not even turn to rain at all. I must say that the Met Office were rather slow with their warnings - and not for the first time in my experience. I should plan a trip out tomorrow afternoon to get the real snow experience up there before it's all over again.😉

Posted

Radar snowfall line moving northeastward.  Wonder how long the valley will remain in the red zone?

Posted
6 hours ago, Afrayedknot said:

I bet @andymusic didn't have as much as he wished for ...otherwise he would be in here Ramping ...also that money he bought for 3 weeks supply ...lmfao . Hes a good wamper though .loves his posts ,but unfortunately they dont ever materielise. 

Isn't that a bit harsh? There are many on this forum who have had disruptive snow. Admittedly, it won't last three weeks but in these times where most people, especially townsfolk, take it for granted to have access to their supermarket at all times in order to eat hand to mouth it does require some adjustment, even if only by keeping sufficient stock in the home. Not everyone lives on the coast line and most inland areas of Cymru are prone to see some disruption in the winter months as the many hill farmers will know!

• Like 4

Posted

In the last 30 minutes we have gone from snow, to ice pellets to rain.. 🤫

• Thanks 1