Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Just watched latest bbc weather. Tomorrow morning looks messy with a mixture of sleet & snow. But then into tomorrow afternoon/evening looks when the heavier snowfall moves over the majority of the region. 

Posted
1 minute ago, terrier said:

Just watched latest bbc weather. Tomorrow morning looks messy with a mixture of sleet & snow. But then into tomorrow afternoon/evening looks when the heavier snowfall moves over the majority of the region. 

I think the heaviest stuff is going to be 6pm tomorrow - 3am friday.  

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, terrier said:

I think some patience will be required tomorrow.  Will be some moans from the usual people about lack of snow during the day but the evening may be when it gets really going away from high ground.  Haven't reviewed the models in detail but from what I have seen few imply widespread snow cover before the evening. 

Lots of uncertainty though still , who knows how heavy the precipitation will be/ will there be a base early on before the middle of the day, those factors  will determine whether it will settle in the March daylight.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather
2 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

I think the heaviest stuff is going to be 6pm tomorrow - 3am friday.  

Yeah I agree. That would be better anyway. After dark lower temps more accumulating snowfall. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

There was nothing when i left Bridlington but driving home on to the wolds we got a good 20min snow shower as i got home, unexpected👍

Posted

UKMO app forecast has heavy snowy for here literally all day tomorrow, it's pretty much been snowing all day today but nothing has set, bit different on the tops at 250m+ where its already sticking 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......
25 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

It would help us all if you put your elevation in your profile😊

how high are you or don't you know?

use this tool.

WHATISMYELEVATION.COM

Find the elevation of your current location, or any point on Earth.

The front of my house is 10m higher than the front.

I can also walk go for a 5 minute walk to get to the top of the road or the bottom and the bottom is 75m lower down than the top!

Welcome to the Pennines, you too can live precariously perched on the side of a valley.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms
25 minutes ago, Steel City Skies said:

Those cars won't have winter tyres that's for sure! EIther that or they're BMWs with rear wheel drive. My dad had a 5-series years ago as a company car and he had to get rescued by my brother who picked him up in his VW Lupo 😆

🤣 

Yeah was just surpised to see the posts on facebook about people getting stuck didn't seem significant enough lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow
5 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

Anyone else get nerves/doubts kicking in last 24 hours before a big snowfall? 😂

I've been super confident for a fair while two. 

Yes I’m doubting everything while also very excited 😂🙈 I’m at work till 5pm tomorrow so don’t mind if nothing settles by then.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
1 minute ago, ukpaul said:

The front of my house is 10m higher than the front.

I can also walk go for a 5 minute walk to get to the top of the road or the bottom and the bottom is 75m lower down than the top!

Welcome to the Pennines, you too can live precariously perched on the side of a valley.....

Tru Dat!

Used to live 100m higher up on 'Dodd Naze' & that jump from 100 to 200 meant big differences in snow cover!

(You need show them Tuel Lane!!!)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......
8 minutes ago, Tim A said:

I think some patience will be required tomorrow.  Will be some moans from the usual people about lack of snow during the day but the evening may be when it gets really going away from high ground.  Haven't reviewed the models in detail but from what I have seen few imply widespread snow cover before the evening. 

Lots of uncertainty though still , who knows how heavy the precipitation will be/ will there be a base early on before the middle of the day, those factors  will determine whether it will settle in the March daylight.  

The various model charts on Wetterzentrale show peak intensity to be between 10pm and Midnight on Thursday.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Tru Dat!

Used to live 100m higher up on 'Dodd Naze' & that jump from 100 to 200 meant big differences in snow cover!

(You need show them Tuel Lane!!!)

That's the very road, I live a stone's throw from it. I see cyclists wobbling up it slowly now and again and just think.....why torture yourself like that? There are steeper but shorter roads around here as well but that takes the prize for being steep and long.

Edited by ukpaul
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Timing may change depending on model but essentially the stuff we get before 3pm is the weaker warm front, it's once the triple point arrives and departs that we get the heaviest event in some time potentially as the front occludes. 

I have attempted to highlight it on the chart below but essentially think of this chart and then picture everything moving east. 

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Outdoors, Nature, Sea, Water, Art, Person

Triple points produce the heaviest precipitation simply because it's where the frontal energy is. I'll let some boffin explain why occlusions (boundaries between relatively dry and moist air) are typically heavier than warm fronts (would have thought intuatively that a bigger thermal gradiant would be better). 

Edited by summer blizzard
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow ❄️ / Thunderstorms ⛈

Can’t wait for snow tomorrow in Doncaster 

Posted

Just got home from work and there's a covering in Barnsley already. Fields have a full covering and grass and cars have some left. This is a good sign already!

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Slate, Walkway, Car, Garden, Yard, Soil, FlagstoneCould contain: Ice, Glacier, Mountain, Nature, Outdoors, PersonCould contain: Architecture, Building, Skylight, Window

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

12z accumulation charts for 6am Friday

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Person, Face, Head Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Person, Outdoors, Face, Head, Nature, Atlas, Diagram Could contain: Chart, Plot, Outdoors, Nature, Map, Person, Atlas, Sea, Water, Face Could contain: Chart, Plot, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Land, Map, Person, Atlas, Face Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Person, Outdoors, Face, Head, Nature, Text

Ecm for me please 🙏 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow ❄️ / Thunderstorms ⛈

Where Doncaster in here 

6 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

12z accumulation charts for 6am Friday

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Person, Face, Head Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Person, Outdoors, Face, Head, Nature, Atlas, Diagram Could contain: Chart, Plot, Outdoors, Nature, Map, Person, Atlas, Sea, Water, Face Could contain: Chart, Plot, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Land, Map, Person, Atlas, Face Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Person, Outdoors, Face, Head, Nature, Text

Posted
1 minute ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Watched calendar weather and it showed snow from 7am right through to 3pm for alot of our region so fingers crossed! 

It shows a big gap in the precipitation over me In pocklington I hope that doesn’t happen 😳

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Could contain: Adult, Female, Person, Woman, Screen, White Board, Computer Hardware, Monitor, Face, Text

Poor York lol lived there for 16 years one of the most snowless cities in the North.