Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,cold weather + summer heatwaves and thunderstorms.

Well absolutely blistering here on the east coast and very humid indeed. More like being in the Canary Islands right now that's for sure !

25c at 12.30 and it certainly feels very oppressive with a dew point of 16.5c. This is certainly more akin to London and the South East type continental weather in July or early August. My word the humidity and heat is quite something on the Bridlington coast where it is normally struggling to get above 20c. 

Have a great weekend everyone and enjoy Glastonbury in the evenings. The mighty Guns and Roses are headlining tonight on the Pyramid stage - what a cracker that promises to be 🎉🎉🎉

• Like 1

Posted
18 hours ago, Craigers said:

Tornado risk on Sunday here 👀

Probably some thunderstorms pushing east but could be hit and miss in nature but could be a BIG event (20% chance).

Absolutely blistering on the east Yorkshire coast right now and 12 mile queues into Scarborough ... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Storms not forecast for here but further east no doubt we've had our allocation and gone over it.

Posted
3 hours ago, matt brid said:

Absolutely blistering on the east Yorkshire coast right now and 12 mile queues into Scarborough

Way beyond my comfort zone, currently sat feeling sorry for myself. Not improved by the fact that I have spent a good bit of the day unblocking the kitchen drains. Sorted now but plenty of sweat and swearing, and an emergency Screwfix trip in a too hot car. Now going to spend the rest of the evening in the heat haters thread😂.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, mike57 said:

Way beyond my comfort zone, currently sat feeling sorry for myself. Not improved by the fact that I have spent a good bit of the day unblocking the kitchen drains. Sorted now but plenty of sweat and swearing, and an emergency Screwfix trip in a too hot car. Now going to spend the rest of the evening in the heat haters thread😂.

At least one can wear shorts without even thinking about it on a day like today.

We need more of this in Bridlington as the winter can be very drab & long !

Now time to prepare for Glastonbury and Guns&Roses tonight. 

It sure is a beautiful evening out there , enjoy it while it lasts ☀️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
5 hours ago, matt brid said:

Probably some thunderstorms pushing east but could be hit and miss in nature but could be a BIG event (20% chance).

Absolutely blistering on the east Yorkshire coast right now and 12 mile queues into Scarborough ... 

Armed forces day today, so Scarborough sea front absolutely rammed when i went down at 2pm and very🥵

• Like 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Armed forces day today, so Scarborough sea front absolutely rammed when i went down at 2pm and very🥵

I avoid big crowds and events now. Sometimes it's simply not worth the hassle these days 🤠

Posted

Looks like today could be a memorable weather day in places. Wouldn't be suprised to hear of a tornado or two in couple isolated areas to the north east today.

Going to go on a little chase and have pub lunch somewhere. Thinking western upslopes of north york moors maybe Helmsly/ Cold Kirby?  

Anyone know of a good pub with great west facing view quite high up??

• Like 1

Posted

Come on let’s have some big storms for us oop North, feels ripe out there. Will be radar watching from lunchtime 🤞🤞⛈️👍

Posted
2 hours ago, Harsh Climate said:

Looks like today could be a memorable weather day in places. Wouldn't be suprised to hear of a tornado or two in couple isolated areas to the north east today.

Going to go on a little chase and have pub lunch somewhere. Thinking western upslopes of north york moors maybe Helmsly/ Cold Kirby?  

Anyone know of a good pub with great west facing view quite high up??

The Lion Inn up at Blakey Ridge would be an ideal place. It's high up with views all around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

Cheers Il have a look at that

Looks perfect up there, just bit far though. Don't want to be more than 1 hour drive away from kippax.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Nearly 1pm and not a single storm brewing yet. Main front is on its way now too. Would have thought radar would be showing signs by now

Posted
17 minutes ago, Winter Cold said:

Nearly 1pm and not a single storm brewing yet. Main front is on its way now too. Would have thought radar would be showing signs by now

I'm all set to head out chase but just holding fire a little to see how it all kicks off.

Nothing to worry about yet. High temperatures and lots of clear sky, perfect start. Not the usual blanket of cloud spoiling play. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)
8 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

I'm all set to head out chase but just holding fire a little to see how it all kicks off.

Nothing to worry about yet. High temperatures and lots of clear sky, perfect start. Not the usual blanket of cloud spoiling play. 

Yes hopefully! Enjoy the chase if you set off!

Hope you get a good show 😎⚡

• Like 1

Posted

Its a tough call but think I'm going to set off soon and hang around in Thirsk. Looks a good starting point with motorways near by to go either way if needed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

I’m thinking I might go to Bridlington first and sit at my sisters and watch what happens then I can just fly up the coast if it happens Scarborough way 🤔

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Aiden2012 said:

I’m thinking I might go to Bridlington first and sit at my sisters and watch what happens then I can just fly up the coast if it happens Scarborough way 🤔

Ya might be better inland mate, seaside places will just get the storms as they leave the UK, may be wrong though lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow
Just now, Harsh Climate said:

Ya might be better inland mate, seaside places will just get the storms as they leave the UK, may be wrong though lol

I’m so unsure what to do haha 

Posted
Just now, Aiden2012 said:

I’m so unsure what to do haha 

Just make sure when it all kicks off you can get to a good storm in time so have good network of fast roads around you.

To start with I'm just going to follow  the most electrically active storms close by, then in time if theres a clear supercell within reasonable distance I will be heading to that..

• Like 1