Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 December 2020 onwards

cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

No point getting hung up about it.

My middle son is supposed to go back to Derby (uni) 13 or 14 Feb.

The route is normally over A624 to Chapel Milton, jump on the A6 bypass to Doveholes or cut down the bypass to Whaley Bridge and up over Long Hill A5004 into Buxton and join the A515 through to Ashbourne before picking up the A52 into Derby.

I'm looking at the setup now and into the end of next week and even further on. Sods law will prevail and all the routes be it A628 -M1, A57 - M1 and A624 A515 will be impassable due to a dumping of snow.

It might be ok here but once out of the Pennine and Peaks shield, Ashbourne South will get a pasting as they did last Sunday.

Posted
7 hours ago, CreweCold said:

It's actually depressing. 

Enough to worry about with the COVID situation without the weather Gods sticking the middle finger up too.

I agree COVID worse than weather 

rather have no Covid and no snow 

weather far from my mind just thankful I wake up and not got it 

If it’s rains for a full year obviously not flood like situations I would not care as long as everyone is well 

do like to see snow falling though

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
5 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Windy here

Go easy on the beans

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Some pretty hefty showers popping up.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Forget the West. 

Look to the East. 

068C3041-B6AD-49A7-A5AB-48FCED29BFFB.thumb.png.e9dbafb24bd9ee33f03ad41cae97ee71.png

Classic Easterly. 

Edited by Iceaxecrampon
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Very likely weekend is going to be dry for us now. Monday dry also. Of course no problem for the rain to get here on Tuesday although it might start off as snow for a bit. How on lucky Can you get.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
2 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Very likely weekend is going to be dry for us now. Monday dry also. Of course no problem for the rain to get here on Tuesday although it might start off as snow for a bit. How on lucky Can you get.

Run the precipitation sequence through on GFS and see how the precipitation tomorrow marches N then abruptly stops before entering Cheshire. Quite hilarious actually.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

All mention of snow possibility removed from metoffice text forecast for this region for the weekend. Euro 4 has Northern edge roughly in a line from North Wales down to the central Midlands. I expect the warning will be shifted Southwards later this morning. Next........

Posted
1 minute ago, Dexter said:

All mention of snow possibility removed from metoffice text forecast for this region for the weekend. Euro 4 has Northern edge roughly in a line from North Wales down to the central Midlands. I expect the warning will be shifted Southwards later this morning. Next........

I swear if I see a midlander moan about lack of snow I'll pull every strand of my hair out

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

I swear if I see a midlander moan about lack of snow I'll pull every strand of my hair out

It may not even be snow on low ground though Judging by the metoffice forecast...

Posted
3 minutes ago, Dexter said:

It may not even be snow on low ground though Judging by the metoffice forecast...

It'll be snow for C Mids and up to its N boundary. The same sort of areas that got hit several days ago will get it again. 

Dewpoints more than conducive

image.thumb.png.d1cc96ca8c1adf1edbf7d518695322e3.png

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
3 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

It'll be snow for C Mids and up to its N boundary. The same sort of areas that got hit several days ago will get it again. 

Dewpoints more than conducive

image.thumb.png.d1cc96ca8c1adf1edbf7d518695322e3.png

Yeah, looks likely in places, but maybe a narrower margin than last week. Euro 4 shows a mix of rain and snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow.

BBC had snow symbol all week for me, now it's a cloud, same Sunday and rain on Tuesday.

Posted

25 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Hoping for one of your '12z major upgrade' comments later Chris! At least being on the Northern side of the band, they'll be nothing marginal about it in these parts. It will definitely be a 'dry' dry.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Let’s just hope Tuesday is cold enough

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday:

A dry, cold, and bright start to Sunday but turning cloudy later. Cold and dry with sunny spells for Monday. Windy with outbreaks of rain on Tuesday.

0632AEBC-9B03-4933-A0A9-BD2DEE34DA41.thumb.png.1fe87e258d55063728fabc20a3c0c04f.png

DBB3B78E-F281-4ED5-9481-32F54C03354B.thumb.png.249f00ecf7de3c9fa68921abed5ecff9.png27EF81FB-DC40-4142-B07C-17BCCB6289F6.thumb.png.06b8355bfd271abcccd68d0c963c95dc.pngE669E23B-7045-4F16-8FEF-7F550FF2D409.thumb.png.050797f598c03750069cb77b56d51210.pngBDB91848-9804-4EC6-AAC7-0D9DDC15168D.thumb.png.1227e56b812621d884b7d1631d2060d7.png

Posted
8 hours ago, itsnowjoke said:

I agree COVID worse than weather 

rather have no Covid and no snow 

weather far from my mind just thankful I wake up and not got it 

If it’s rains for a full year obviously not flood like situations I would not care as long as everyone is well 

do like to see snow falling though

Much as I love snow, it's not much use of we aren't allowed it to enjoy it. So let's keep disruptive events until next winter, the last thing we need is disruption to vaccine distribution.

Posted

BBC appear to indicate a slushy mess to low ground in central England so we might not be that unlucky to miss it this weekend and keep the cold dry weather albeit with a nagging breeze.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Yeah looking at the forecast, they can keep Saturdays “wintry” event.

If anything it is being pushed even further south so I’d prefer a dry, cold weekend than re runs of marginality with any snow reserved for areas where no one lives and no one can get to without risking a fine.

hopefully some proper cold hits our shores next week, something which has been sadly lacking so far this winter and all being well this is followed by snow, or at least not rain.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
23 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday:

A dry, cold, and bright start to Sunday but turning cloudy later. Cold and dry with sunny spells for Monday. Windy with outbreaks of rain on Tuesday.

0632AEBC-9B03-4933-A0A9-BD2DEE34DA41.thumb.png.1fe87e258d55063728fabc20a3c0c04f.png

DBB3B78E-F281-4ED5-9481-32F54C03354B.thumb.png.249f00ecf7de3c9fa68921abed5ecff9.png27EF81FB-DC40-4142-B07C-17BCCB6289F6.thumb.png.06b8355bfd271abcccd68d0c963c95dc.pngE669E23B-7045-4F16-8FEF-7F550FF2D409.thumb.png.050797f598c03750069cb77b56d51210.pngBDB91848-9804-4EC6-AAC7-0D9DDC15168D.thumb.png.1227e56b812621d884b7d1631d2060d7.png

20 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

Day 5!

Not getting sucked in again, if it's still like that esp ECM day 2 then maybe. 

Today we are finally well enough to go for a proper walk further than around the block. 

Models/Charts, Outlooks, Upgrades, Downgrades, Midlands Getting Plastered can do one! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Tuesday current looks like 1–2 hours of snow or ice pellets followed by rain. That’s a nice day 5 position to start with I think; can only get better if it goes south.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 minute ago, Day 10 said:

Day 5!

Not getting sucked in again, if it's still like that esp ECM day 2 then maybe. 

Today we are finally well enough to go for a proper walk further than around the block. 

Models/Charts, Outlooks, Upgrades, Downgrades, Midlands Getting Plastered can do one! 

Enjoy your walk and gets yourselves fit and well again.

the weather will do whatever it wants and, frustrating as it may be; no end of moaning and worrying will change that.

TBH I’ll be happy if my fitness levels after I’ve recovered from this allow me to enjoy some spring and summer walking, if I’m well enough to enjoy some winter conditions then that’s a Bruce bonus.

• Like 1