Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted
36 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Well, there is a little bit of hope.

If you look at the wind direction, the blob of precipitation just over towards the wash, it may get blown back this way later in the night ,assuming it doesn't die out?

wind.png

wind2.png

That’s dedication ??

Posted
36 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Well, there is a little bit of hope.

If you look at the wind direction, the blob of precipitation just over towards the wash, it may get blown back this way later in the night ,assuming it doesn't die out?

wind.png

wind2.png

That’s dedication ??

Posted

A pub run classic from the GFS. I look forward to toys being thrown in the morning when the next run throws up something less extreme.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

A pub run classic from the GFS. I look forward to toys being thrown in the morning when the next run throws up something less extreme.

Or when it moves it over Stoke

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Light snizzle here at the moment, car has an icing sugar type dusting

Nothing showing on the radar, must be blowing in from the east of me.

20210131_230900.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Still snizzle fall here, cars have a coating  

Posted

It's still on. If theres a chart like this inside +72 in the next few days then we can start to look forward to some snow ?️

Screenshot_20210201_081810.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms
36 minutes ago, MKN said:

It's still on. If theres a chart like this inside +72 in the next few days then we can start to look forward to some snow ?️

Severity will retract every 6 hour run as per usual.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I prefer EC to GFS, as it has snowy chances from the SW, unlike GFS just dry high pressure over us after the E'ly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
48 minutes ago, MKN said:

This may sound weird but for my area im not really a fan of a easterly! Even in 2010 we missed out big time we hardly had any snow but had loads of ice days and in 2018 we missed out again with a easterly coventry seems to be to far north or to fat inland for the heavy stuff to reach us!

Posted
1 minute ago, Shezale coventry said:

This may sound weird but for my area im not really a fan of a easterly! Even in 2010 we missed out big time we hardly had any snow but had loads of ice days and in 2018 we missed out again with a easterly coventry seems to be to far north or to fat inland for the heavy stuff to reach us!

That's weird, cos I did here, depends on wind direction for the Wash streamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

That's weird, cos I did here, depends on wind direction for the Wash streamer

I remember the front coming in 2010 from the west was modelled to hit slap bang over cov. But we missed it by about 30 to 40 miles south. I remember driving down to Leamington which is literally 20 miles south and they had been hit hard and we had nothing!

Posted
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

GFS 6z - There go the toys

Aye, well on this run, the cold is off, hopefully won't see EC trending towards this, it's pants

Posted
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

I prefer EC to GFS, as it has snowy chances from the SW, unlike GFS just dry high pressure over us after the E'ly

Significant cold, ironically, is often drier with fewer snow chances.

The less deep cold and more marginal conditions we’ve seen so far this winter can deliver more snow for larger areas. It’s just that for the south, where a lot of people in the model thread live, more significant cold is often needed for anything that falls to be wintry. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Cold, Thunder, Heat
1 hour ago, Shezale coventry said:

I agree, all the snow charts I've seen for the weekend have a nice empty hole where Telford sits! The 2018 beast was pretty unremarkable here too. As much as the southerners would gnash their teeth I'd rather a nice cold NWly bringing showers through the Cheshire Gap.

• Like 1

Posted
29 minutes ago, GokouD said:

I agree, all the snow charts I've seen for the weekend have a nice empty hole where Telford sits! The 2018 beast was pretty unremarkable here too. As much as the southerners would gnash their teeth I'd rather a nice cold NWly bringing showers through the Cheshire Gap.

Or an area of low pressure coming into the cold air at just the right angle. Often ends up too far north or too far south though.

Posted

Met Office warning for snow and ice on Tuesday has been removed from Stoke. Milder air looking to push in a bit more quickly than initially expected. Still wouldn’t completely rule out a little snow here in the early hours but it would be very brief.

Guess that’s what I get for gloating about Stoke-On-Trent’s snow so far this winter

Roll on the weekend!

862F090C-6303-4EB0-BFE8-CEC5358B27B4.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, MattStoke said:

GFS 6z - There go the toys

I haven't visited the model thread but i expected toys would be thrown lol. Yet the overall pattern is still the same its just very minor differences which mean southern areas miss out. The 12z will probably be straight back to narnia. 

Posted
1 minute ago, MKN said:

I haven't visited the model thread but i expected toys would be thrown lol. Yet the overall pattern is still the same its just very minor differences which mean southern areas miss out. The 12z will probably be straight back to narnia. 

Yeah. Still cold for most, and more unsettled would mean more snow chances. It’s just that a lot of people in there live in the south where often significant cold is more needed to ensure anything that falls is wintry.

Edited by MattStoke

Posted
2 hours ago, MattStoke said:

Met Office warning for snow and ice on Tuesday has been removed from Stoke. Milder air looking to push in a bit more quickly than initially expected. Still wouldn’t completely rule out a little snow here in the early hours but it would be very brief.

Guess that’s what I get for gloating about Stoke-On-Trent’s snow so far this winter

Roll on the weekend!

862F090C-6303-4EB0-BFE8-CEC5358B27B4.jpeg

Now their app changes to something more wintry having only shown rain while we were under the warning

3ED28554-4CE6-40B1-95E6-ADFCB81A17A8.jpeg