Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
22 minutes ago, Geordiesnow said:

Not really, it's virtually - 6 to - 7 uppers and that if you believe the GFS is even right. Always has a tendacy to have slightly colder upper air temperatures than the euro models.

Dont really see what the hype is about really, transient mostly hill snow tomorrow and wintry showers on Friday(with the snow level rising during the day) , snow accumulations reserved mainly for the higher ground. Then it's just wet and windy again for Saturday. 

Roll on Spring/summer because this region is depressing weather wise in winter, far too much rainfall, and dull overall. At least in summer unlike in the NE, we get some proper heat here when the set up is right. 

Because a lot of the region is higher ground and this could be a good event. Certainly a lot better than the stupidly mild weather we’ve had recently.

Edited by Wardlegacy
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 hour ago, northwestsnow said:

Well, this might be my last winter at a paltry 200m , house is going up for sale in the summer and I'm going higher up ...

Like 300m,minimum...

There's one at higher counthill at about 330m which I'd love , but not ready yet.

Gutted.

Grains bar would be a nice location.

Edited by Ramp
  • Like 2

Posted

Powder snow

I don’t care what snow it is too wet too dry as long as I can see it falling 

• Like 5

Posted

I'll be a good barometer for the rest of the region tomorrow morning.. will it be white stuff falling from the sky or just rain or a sleety mix.. we shall see..

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

-6.1C here. Looks like snow on our cars such is the thick frost. As Damian says it looks interesting tomorrow but I think mainly ground above 200m+ will see snow and the vast majority of us live below this. Looks like temps will creep up just enough by early afternoon when the precipitation is due to arrive as does the dew point. Friday this snowline lowers a lot. If you are far enough inland then it could be a very rewarding day or frustrating! 

• Like 5

Posted

Still -2c

Edited by itsnowjoke
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

No chance of any snow here.. Didn't even quite manage an air frost last night despite it looking very likely yesterday evening, though there was a significant hoar frost at one point earlier in the evenig. Currently 3C which is quite disappointing as it puts the dampener on the possibility of snow here. The palm trees survive another day

• Like 4

Posted

-3 when I succumbed to sleep last night now it's -1, so a slight uplift.  Maybe the westerly breeze picking up a little.   Hope the downgrade in shower activity on Friday is a rogue forecast and is proven wrong.  Sods law some of us will be on right side of marginal for falling snow & now the precipitation might be lacking.   Never straight forward in UK.

• Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, dodge said:

-3 when I succumbed to sleep last night now it's -1, so a slight uplift.  Maybe the westerly breeze picking up a little.   Hope the downgrade in shower activity on Friday is a rogue forecast and is proven wrong.  Sods law some of us will be on right side of marginal for falling snow & now the precipitation might be lacking.   Never straight forward in UK.

Temp is on the up here, 1.5C       Seems a layer of stratocumulus has moved in. It is definitely not the cirrus edge of a frontal system. Also a very slight breeze.

I'm not holding my breath tomorrow morning, I think the showers maybe like what fell overnight Tuesday, wintry mix of graupel, hail and some sleet/rain, at least at my altitude. Assuming the little system tracking to the south doesn't kill off most showery activity as it passes by

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
13 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Temp is on the up here, 1.5C       Seems a layer of stratocumulus has moved in. It is definitely not the cirrus edge of a frontal system. Also a very slight breeze.

I'm not holding my breath tomorrow morning, I think the showers maybe like what fell overnight Tuesday, wintry mix of graupel, hail and some sleet/rain, at least at my altitude. Assuming the little system tracking to the south doesn't kill off most showery activity as it passes by

Updated Manchester Airport TAF just says

Snow Showers up until lunchtime tomorrow so that is encouraging. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Meto graphics are showing heavy snow symbols for my location pretty much throughout tomorrows daylight hours but these things change regularly and it may already be based on old data which looked a bit better than this mornings output.

Back to today and hopefully at least a couple of hours of snow before the milder uppers move across and turn it back into sleet and then rain.

hopefully most will see something falling and settling.

• Like 5

Posted

Definite uplift in temp here.  Residual water on outside of window ledge was frozen at 3am, temp was -1, cloud was rolling in and not a single star visible.  Current temp 1° and window ledge feels dry.  Cars could still be frozen/frosty.  No decent freeze here last night, sub zero temps were short lived.  Off to work in a min, ground looks more damp than icy, I'll know for sure shortly.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Well that is disappointing, temperature has risen throughout the night. Lowest temp was -2.2C at 23:00. Now 0.8C with dewpoint of -0.6C. On the plus side, should be easier to de-ice the car at least.

Edited by severe snowstorm
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Metoffice forecast is not too shabby for the region tonight and tomorrow with sleet and snow showers forecast. Both Manchester and Liverpool Airport forecasts include possibility of snow/snow showers today and into tomorrow morning. Looks like a case of make the most of it before it becomes milder into the weekend and next week.

Edited by severe snowstorm
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, icy, snowy etc

Temps up to 1.5ºC here after last nights very cold and hard freezing temps that dropped to -2.5ºC before I disappeared to bed...

See what today & tomorrow brings as we're forecast snow...

• Like 5